on 12 July 2015
I was sceptical because of the very mixed reviews of Komputerbay, but only a few people are selling 4GB DDR2 SODIMMs, mostly at stupid prices, and I really wanted to max-out my 2008 iMac (4+2GB) so I decided to risk it.
Firstly - it works! Secondly, its part number (in System Info) closely matches my existing 2GB SODIMM and so shows that it is actually Samsung RAM. Hopefully it isn't Samsung 'seconds'. However since it's near impossible to overclock an iMac, I'm not too worried that it might be 'only just' in spec.
Incidentally, I also installed a 256GB SSD (in a tray), cloned from the original failing 250GB 3.5" HD, and now it really flies! The SSD makes more difference to the speed, especially booting up and shutting down, but I want to run Win 7 via boot camp and various virtual machines so I'll need the extra RAM. The only downside - it's that tight inside that I had to dismantle almost everything just to release an extra ½" of SATA cable to reach the 2.5" SSD in its tray!
on 31 December 2015
Works, but a little expensive for older memory types. Dual channel, 800 Mhz, as described. You want to check your chipset (Northbridge) can support the size of memory you want (8GiB in this case). You can check this at the cpu-world webite. I replaced 2x2GiB DDR2 SoDimm's PC6400 with these. I ran the Windows memory diagnostic tool on boot and it passed the standard test. I also ran the Memtest86+ on Linux. It is showing up as 8GiB on my machines which is great. Upgading to SSD, PCI-E 802.11 ac wifi, max ram (8 GiB on older laptop chipsets) and CPU can add a few years to a laptop/netbook. After Windows runs out of steam, run Linux and get a few more years :)

These are showing up as CAS 6-6-6-18.

Laptop upgraded:
Acer Ferrari One F200 (circa. 2009). Chipset: RS780MN (Northbridge).
Asus G60VX (circa.2009). Chipset:Intel PM45 (Northbridge)
on 23 August 2012
Hi toying with changing laptop or should I just upgrade memory, decided on latter. Previous memory was 667mhz and total 2gb upgraded to 800mhz and 4gb. Used to have to turn on computer go and make a cup of coffe. Now turn it on and an instant response. This memory works great. Never heard of this company before, but who cares the price was right and the result was fantastic
on 11 January 2012
I have little experience with installing such products. However the instructions received made this a very simple task, and the product certainly lives up to the description provided by the supplier. I would not hesitate to use this type of product in future and also the company who provided it. Excellent service and delivery at a very competitive price.

j h brown
on 11 February 2014
I bought from this company because the price was good, about what I wanted to pay and by its description knew it would fit my 2008 iMac. Together with instructions from YouTube I managed to take out the old memory and install the new and it worked perfectly, showing as 4gb on "About this Mac". From my experience I would certainly recommend this company.
on 30 April 2014
Ordered these to give a boost to my asrock ion nettop PC after installing windows 7. The original 2GB just was not enough. An extra 2GB made all the difference. Quite straightforward to install and no problems yet - after a month of usage. I'd originally ordered the wrong kind of memory but had no problem returning that or with delivery of the correct sticks.
on 9 September 2013
Purchased for sons computer which is roughly 3 years old with plenty of memory but extremely slow when browsing, watching videos and playing games. Original Ram was 2 gb. Changed them for 8 gb memory above and wow it's like a brand new computer. Excellent way to increase speed on computer. Son has now stopped moaning and no longer asks for a new computer..
on 26 February 2014
as the company was unknown to me,I relied on the few reviews available, and the hope that Amazon had looked at them thoroughly.
I cannot give a long term review, but up to now I am extremely pleased, as doubling the memory available has restored a laptop I was thinking of replacing to as new state and I am happy to recommend Komputer bay to anyone
on 17 March 2012
I bought this product in order to increase the amount of memory in my laptop from 2 GB to 6 GB (needed as I run some resource intensive software for work). From searching online (mostly on amazon) I found this to be the most reasonably priced. The delivery arrived in good order within 2 days. It has improved the speed of my laptop significantly.
on 19 January 2012
I am writing this review from the laptop with the new memory installed. With twice the RAM as before the laptop is much faster and can run a lot more programs side by side. So far there have been no errors or other memory issues. Doesn't run any hotter than the old memory. So does the job for a great price. Would recommend to others.