on 10 April 2015
Can't fault the speed of the delivery but if the product that is delivered is faulty then it all means nothing. I'm an electronics engineer an fitted the memory with great care. I used the Crucial tool to identify the memory and PC capacity. The PC runs for varied amounts of time before it hangs, maybe an hour, maybe not even long enough to finish start up. I'm really disappointed an now I have to go through all the hassle of sending then back. I refitted the original memory to prove a point and it's all ok again. If I get good or bad experience returning the product I will be back to edit this review. Should have paid a little more and gone for quality.
on 30 May 2016
Got four of these they came promptly but once fitted on boot up the screen stayed blank ! The modules were fitted using an antistatic wristband and were fitted carefully ! For a while i tried all the connections on the motherboard and gave up then i decided to replace original modules and the boot screen reappeared ! Tried again using two of the module alongside the two old ones and it worked ! Eventually found the reason !one of the modules was different than the others it looks like they had sent me the wrong module although it was in a pack with 1gb stamped onto label when i looked at the module the number of micro chips fitted to it was less than the other three and one side had none fitted unlike the others !Conclusion wrong module in wrong pack ! Still waiting for sellers reply sent the same day i recieved the modules as to where to send it back to and if they will send me a correct module in replacement ! Got to eat humble pie and give an enormous thumbs up to Komputerbay ! Parcel arrived today and they have sent me four new modules ! Fitted these and everything is working fine now got to give them 100% mark for good customer service ! The delay in recieving the replacements was due to the fact the modules have come from the USA ! Would reccomend Komputerbay to anyone !
on 28 September 2015
I am pleased with the Ram, it did the job what supposed to do, but when I plugged into my Dad's computer instead of the 4 GB of Ram it said 3.2 GB available. But on the Bios it said 4GB of Ram, so the first deduction I would say or the Ram is faulty or the windows is not recognising the 4 GB Ram. After some research and trying new settings, all kind of fixes, I think the issue is with the Bios it self. Meaning that some motherboards need to update the bios in order to process the 4 GB Ram, and yes I am using Windows 7, 64 bits. I did not want to go that road as the MB has some years and I did not had a floppy disk. So I leave it like that, the pc is a little faster, the Ram besides that seems fine, I ran some tests and works great. I do not give a 5 star as I encounter this issue but I think is the Bios MB needing an update. The Delivery was fast and well packed.
on 23 April 2014
These DDR2 memory modules were received in good time and any comment on utilisation has been delayed in order that I can assess the performance. They have been fitted for a few weeks now and, having doubled existing RAM in the PC, have worked as well as any memory module should. There is one point that may cause concern when fitting these modules and wanting to fit clip on heat spreaders. They are not as high as some other makes and to fit the heat spreader i found it necessary to remove the existing RAM, fit the new modules in their locations and once installed fix on the heat spreaders, the existing RAM was then refitted. Apart from the care to be taken if fitting heat spreaders, I firmly believe that people should not be put off by the prices of products from this company as they seem to represent extremely good value for money and in the event of requiring further memory modules I will certainly check the availability and prices given by Komputerbay
on 9 April 2013
I bought this RAM when I was overhauling my PC and upgrading to Windows 7. I wanted to go from 3GB to 8GB of RAM and after double checking what my motherboard and new OS could support I hunted around for good deals and good reviews and found out about a small firm called Komputerbay. Needless to say, with high praise from across the web for the company, I purchased my RAM from them and have not looked back!

I have had them installed for two months now and have suffered no problems with them and they have sped things up nicely. Installation is the easiest thing, so if you are wanting to upgrade your own PC for the first time, then don't be scared! Just make sure you install them in pairs, either slots 1 & 3 or 2 & 4 (I didn't and panicked when my computer wouldn't get past the boot screen, but a simple swap and I was sorted!) and away you go.

I am now running with 6GB of RAM and whenever I can afford it, I will be buying another, identical set to reach my 8GB limit and there will only be one brand I go for - Komputerbay.
on 28 September 2012
I ordered this memeory to upgrade a advent desktop pc which was suffering the dredded blue screen of death, following researching all the usual problems related to the blue screen including embeded software, damn Norton and HP its a bugger to get rid of, I opted for changing and upgrading from 2GB to 4GB, the old memory was 4200/4300-444, with this being 5300/5400-667 I was worried that windows may simply give up but no its better and faster than ever, blue screens all gone, and this upgrade pack is cheaper than most with a lifetime warranty, cant be bad!!
on 1 December 2015
Despite giving this one star I'm not going to say 'don't buy' as clearly many people are happy with this RAM. I needed to give an old PC a boost; this is the correct spec memory but when installed would cause my PC to freeze within 10 to 30 minutes of booting. On removing it the PC works fine again. Returned for a refund but I think I was just unlucky.
on 8 December 2015
The 1 of the 2 DIMMs was making the computer crash. So, I am only using the 2GB instead of the 4GB I paid.
I had to take it with me on a trip in order to upgrade a computer at a remote location. So, I cannot send it back now. :(

update: 18/Jan/16 The second DIMM has failed also. Dont know if this is bad luck or these Komputerbay DIMMs are that bad!
on 19 March 2016
Worked perfectly for a couple of months then computer wouldn't boot up. Took out the two sticks of Komputerbay RAM and computer booted up with no problem (albeit with a smaller amount of RAM). I usually buy Crucial RAM which is more expensive but I guess you pay for what you get. Still waiting to hear back from Komputerbay regarding 'lifetime warranty'.
on 24 April 2012
As a Linux user, on installing this 8Gb RAM pair, I had to install a pae kernel to take advantage of the full amount of RAM on offer. I am also testing for the coming 64-bit release of PCLinuxOS. It's hard to get too excited about RAM in your machine, what I will say is that it's seriously cheaper than some of the brand names, and I've not had problems with it at all.

One of the reasons I bought it is that I found that, when I had 2Gb RAM, opening too many tabs in Chromium ( = Google Chrome) put a serious strain on the RAM and slowed the computer down due to excessive use of "swap". Well it certainly solved that problem!