5.0 out of 5 stars great product
very prompt delivery. i got the package,well packaged and i installed it.great product. this is the ddr2.any one who hasn't fit this before,should realise that one side is slightly longer. you should hear the clips click,then you got a perfect fit.
Published on 27 Aug 2011 by falconel

1.0 out of 5 stars faulty
This item worked for a bit then crashed my pc. It will not work as a pair so had to take one stick out to get my pc working.
But bought it as a pair but only one stick of memory working, Past the return date by 10 days, so not very happy.
Published 17 months ago by James

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 27 Aug 2011
This review is from: Komputerbay 4GB 2X 2GB DDR2 800MHz PC2-6300 PC2-6400 DDR2 800 (240 PIN) DIMM Desktop Memory (Personal Computers)

1.0 out of 5 stars faulty, 2 Mar 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Prone to failure, 6 Mar 2014
Andrew Pitt - See all my reviews
I bought this product about 18 months ago and feel I should share my experiences of it. It arrived quickly with sturdy packaging. Installation went fine and both sticks worked well for about 2-3 months. Then my system became unstable and started crashing. Tests showed that it was one of the memory sticks. I contacted Komputerbay, sent the problematic stick back and received a replacement. This process took about a month overall. I must say that their customer service is quick and that the product has a lifetime guarantee so no problems there, shipping is what takes the time. The system worked fine for another year or so until the same problems arose again. Once again tests showed a faulty RAM stick was the problem so I went through the process again and will soon receive a replacement. That’s fine, however if I had bought a more well-known make of RAM I feel that I would not have had the inconvenience or cost of having to return the RAM each time it fails. I have only very rarely experienced RAM failure despite being an IT professional, so having two identical sticks fail well after installation leads to serious questions of the products quality. Frankly next time I need RAM I’ll pay the extra for a more well-known manufacturer seeing as I’ll only have to spend that money anyway on returning the cheaper RAM to Komputerbay every time it breaks.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor RAM - BSOD Stop messages received, 23 Jan 2013
S. Grange (England) - See all my reviews
I bought this RAM for a cheap upgrade to my computer and immediately I started getting the Windows STOP messages (Blue Screen of Death). I rebuilt my PC, swapped hard-drives and still the message appeared on a daily basis. I returned the RAM through Amazon refunds and received a refund. I can't fault amazon's service for shipping or refunds. Perhaps I had a dodgy batch of RAM - who knows. Next time I'll probably spend that little bit more for reliability.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what I need...., 14 Sep 2011
Product arrived on time. RAM placed into PC to accompany 2 other sticks of 2GB DDR2 800. Runs in dual channel mode. Windows 7 64bit now showing 8GB RAM. Came in a very nice plastic box that looks like it's made just for RAM. Very pleased, and fortunate my motherboard accepts it with the 2 original sticks (maybe I got lucky and they are the same make, or they are generally compatible). Haven't looked at timings, but if you are serious about RAM speed/latency, you wouldn't be looking at these anyway. Great value product that does the job it is made to do.

1.0 out of 5 stars bluescreens, 14 Jan 2013
Mr. L. M. J. Brown "Lozzaaa" (England, UK) - See all my reviews
caused my PC to bluescreen of death constantly when I put the RAM in. Had to take it out and send it back. Amazon gave me my money back fine though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Komputerbay 4GB 2X 2GB DDR2 800MHz PC2-6300 PC2-6400 DDR2 800 (240 PIN) DIMM Desktop Memory, 20 Sep 2012
Apparently I was very brave in purchasing this item from a new and unknown supplier. All I can say is that it was delivered very quickly and worked first time when I installed it in my desktop PC. I'm now running 8GB RAM the maximum for my motherboard on Windows7 64-bit. Glad to see some new competition enter the market.
Rogerh

1.0 out of 5 stars 3 to 5 minuet RAM !!, 20 Sep 2012
I installed the X2 - 2GB RAM, the computer booted up ok and worked fine for about 3-5 minuets, I then had a blank screen, reinstalled old RAM, computer booted up and worked fine. Reinstalled new RAM for a second time, computer would not boot up, reinstalled old RAM again with no problems. Returned RAM for a refund as I do not wish to try and install this companys RAM again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Computer crashes, memtest seems fine though..., 30 July 2012
Dr. R. Jardine (Bath, UK) - See all my reviews
Since adding this memory, my computer blue-screens regularly. Still, if I run memtest+ for hours, no errors, so who knows!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works just fine, 15 May 2012
M. Vandegaer (Little country called Belgium) - See all my reviews
The memory works just fine, reliable under an overclock as well. The price was sharp for memory which has become hard to find.

Other thoughts: it would be nice if the CAS-timings were made available on the product page so buyers can squeeze out a bit more performance.