5.0 out of 5 stars Scala, Kolacny Brothers
Fantastic, easy on the ear album, adding contemporary voice to a lot of classics including u2, Foo Fighters, Nirvana etc. Brilliant. All female choir from Belgium are arranged and directed by the Kolacny brothers.
Published on 28 Jun 2011 by Daphne

2.0 out of 5 stars Like a very good school choir
I bought this album having been blown away by their cover of With or Without You. What impressed me most about that performance was that it was a true **arrangement** for choir, and not a mere transcription of an original. Too many choirs sing pop songs by simply duplicating all of the instruments in "bap dap dap" fashion, and the result is almost never well suited to...
Published on 31 Dec 2011 by Eoin Conway

5.0 out of 5 stars how come i missed this, 8 Mar 2012
I had never herd of Scala & Kolacny Brothers before i went to my local HMV shop and they had there latest CD playing and i really enjoyed it so much i got it ,some of the music i did not like by the proper artists ,but this take on it is very good , i will be looking at some more .5 stars from me

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 Oct 2014

Lovely album

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 5 Sep 2014
As expected.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 15 July 2012
I firstly heard of the choir after their music was played a lot on BBC 6 Music and bought the album on the strength of what I heard.

I personally love the style of this album and am quite surprised by some of the comments on the album. I'm not a big fan or expert of classical style music and I suspect this album may be for people who are familiar with the original versions of all the songs featured. This is the only reason I can think of that some people may find the record a bit 'samey'

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 Sep 2014
great!

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissappointing, 21 Aug 2011
Never buy anything on the word of an article. I expected a lot from this album of popular song arrangements for choir. In fact it turned out to be completely without colour. The voices are used to simply sing the tune with an overbearing piano accompaniment. Unfortunately the Kolacny Brothers cannot sustain an whole album it becomes tedious very quickly, this is not the fought of the choir, which sing beautifully, it is the arrangements and lack of empathy for the music that lets it down. It's a shame because potentially it promised much.

3.0 out of 5 stars "CREEP?", 5 May 2014
They sound beautiful. I bought this CD for the song "Creep". I watched the video in YouTube and I love it (I love the original song too, of course). But... why they say the "F***" word in the song in the videos, but not in the song in the CD? I'm so f***ing disappointed! "Creep" without that simple word, it is not, "Creep". I'm so sorry!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not my thing, 11 Jan 2012
I purchased this for my partner but I note he has not played it a lot. He had been raving on about Scala but they do nothing for me I am afraid. Background music, turned down very low.

Scala & Kolacny Brothers
Scala & Kolacny Brothers by Scala & Kolacny Brothers (Audio CD - 2011)