on 22 January 2013
Ordered this wardrobe (as well as drawers and bedside cabinet to match) and it's great! The instructions are so easy to follow and I was able to assemble it on my own, which is most helpful. I had to remove the front frame and rotate it as I accidentally fixed it wrong way up but, apart from the inconvenience, this was straight forward enough. The wardrobe is for my daughter and we love the finish. Definitely recommend
on 5 November 2013
My boyfriend assembled it for me - did take him two hours but was doing it on his own bless him. He would have been quicker but as I think someone else said he originally put the top plynth on the bottom and then wondered why the doors wouldn't fit properly and there was a gap above the top plynth. Make sure you know what is top and what is bottom before you start then you should have no problem!
Sturdy - nice mellow colour. Hanging rail and top shelf inside. Generally very pleased with it.
on 10 June 2013
Looks ok but had delivery problems and not easy to put together. Bit flimsy for solid wood and not sure how long it will last.
on 5 May 2013
I have mixed feelings about this product. It arrived on time and was packaged just fine. It is very cheap, so I didn't expect a sturdy and fabulous product, and that's what pushes it up to 3 stars. Once assembled, it is relatively sturdy (our's is sitting on carpeted floors and likes to tip forward at the slightest encouragement, but with some heavy clothes inside, it seems to have settled a little bit and be more stable), and relatively roomy - the depth could be a cm or two more generous, as my hangers touch both ends of the wardrobe. The height is great for me (5'3"); I can hang full length dresses in it, and the top shelf is a little bonus.
The assembly itself is a bit of a pain, even for someone who's built a fair number of flat packed items. The pieces aren't labelled, so it takes that little bit longer to make sure you know what's what. The boards that form the back of the cupboard are very thin, and mine were warped, so they still don't sit snugly as they were intended, and I spent a long time and a lot of nails getting it as good as it was going to get. It specifically says you shouldn't use a drill to put it together, but not all of my pieces were drilled through, so I had to drill my own holes to be able to screw the pieces together. Following the guide hole placement for the latches ended up with a wardrobe that wouldn't close, so we had to get the drill out again to align everything.
However, it's a perfectly functional piece of furniture. If you don't intend to move it after assembling, I reckon it will serve its purpose, and it is really cheap. For the price, the hassle was probably to be expected, and once up it looks fine (I think it would benefit from some staining) and stands well.
on 30 June 2013
Very nice wardrobe, feets space adequately, easy to assemble, took far longer than what most people are saying to put together, but overall a very sturdy wardrobe for the price.
on 12 April 2013
Delivery was excellent, well packed and fast.
Instructions easy to understand, definitely needs two people to assemble, but only because of its size.
Only problem I found was the location of some of the knots were lining up with the pre drilled holes on the adjoining panel, which made it almost impossible to use a hand held screwdriver.
on 18 March 2013
This is the third piece of furniture ordered from Seconique and once again I'm very impressed. Although the packaging was slightly damaged on arrival, the contents were perfectly undamaged. Easy to assemble, instructions relatively easy to follow. Looks fab once built alongside matching chest of drawers and bedside cabinets :)
on 4 January 2014
This is a smart looking reasonably solid piece of furniture and looks good in my bedroom. Fairly straight forward to assemble my only criticism is that one of the doors is slightly warped and doesn't close properly but I have remedied that by fitting a couple of antique style door bolts which, in my opinion, look good.
on 15 August 2015
Fast deliver. Nice look. Solid except for the back which is thin wood. This took me four hours to assemble. The instructions aren't clear. Guide holes are sometimes in completely the wrong position. Once it was up, it's quite solid and looks nice.
on 9 January 2015
Good enough product, little bit flimsy maybe, but you get what you pay for I suppose. Here's a suggestion - I'm no amateur when it comes to diy but how about putting a discreet little letter on each panel to make things a bit easier. Thanks you.