5.0 out of 5 stars zippo hand warmer
Published on 16 Feb 2012 by phil Mic

2.0 out of 5 stars Better than some but distinctly second best
Published 9 months ago by Ulysses

5.0 out of 5 stars zippo hand warmer, 16 Feb 2012
This review is from: Zippo Deluxe Hand Warmer Kit With 125ml Tin of Zippo Lighter Fuel
what a great purchase. I had been told how good the zippo was, but it is even better first hand. I use it when walking the dog, when playing golf and even take it to the football. A little tricky to start with but once you have mastered lighting the zippo it couldn't be better. I put some fuel on the outer wick which seems to help with the initial lighting. I would recommend to anyone and everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars toasty, 3 Feb 2014
SBno1 - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I have 2 of these and both have given good service for the 2 winters I have used them. Easy to fill, but a little tricky to get going, as it isn't immediately obvious that they are burning.

They give off a nice gentle heat and run for a few hours. Ideal when standing around in the cold.

They are a good quality build which I have come to expect from Zippo. I did have some reservations about fuel leaking out of them, but that has never happened. It still strikes me as odd that I am burning fuel, it is in my pocket and there are no flames - dark magic if you ask me, but hey it works!

Just be careful where you put these. There is a warning of low temperature burns and I am witness to this. I had one in my pocket and thought nothing of it as it wasn't hot. A day later I had a very sore and red patch on my thigh. It is not about the sudden heat, but prolonged raised temperature contact, especially on parts of your body that are not so toughened to the environment.

Bottom line - high quality Zippo product and a free can of fluid to get you started. Does what it promises with minimal maintenance.

2.0 out of 5 stars Better than some but distinctly second best, 4 Oct 2013
Ulysses (Warwickshire UK) - See all my reviews
Overall, this product is of poor quality. In ordinary use, both the cap and the burner fell off. I had to use my engineering skills and a vice to tighten up the fit and retention - not recommended but expedient. The bag is flimsy. Filling the device is a bit tedious, as is ignition which takes too long. As a result of my experience I decided to buy an unreasonably expensive Peacock hand warmer which has none of these problems. Both products are effective and much more satisfactory for golf sessions of 5 hours or more than the other products I have tried. Products which involve chemicals in bags which are activated by removing from packaging or charged in microwaves or activated by click mechanisms have all proved be much less effective.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 24 Mar 2013
I was a little sceptical about buying this, but so glad that I did. I have used this so much and it does stay quite warm for a very long time. I filled it up to the max and by daughter took it on her Duke of Edinburgh Award. The heat lasted her all day and even still going at 10 at night. This is far better than the hand warmers with the little metal disc in. Would buy another for next winter so I can have one in each pocket. Worth every penny.

2.0 out of 5 stars Hand Warmer, 10 July 2012
This was a present for someone with circulation problems.
Arrived on time well wrapped looks nice but a bit to much messing about to fill up again.
Better adapted for someone with no hand problems. Builders/fishermen.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hand warmer., 7 April 2012
Great for people, like me, with cold hands. First fill of 2 measures of lighter fluid gave me 28 hours of heat! Will need to work out how much to put in for an average walk. I think experience will tell, but a minimum of half a measure will probably be required to give about 4hrs of heat. Lovely polished chrome feel. Very pleased with product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Handwarmer, 4 Mar 2014
This was exactly what I was looking for as a Christmas gift for my husband. Just right for keeping his hands warm at those football matches! The items was as described by the seller, it arrived in good time and was well packaged.

3.0 out of 5 stars zippo handwarmer, 10 Feb 2014
zippo handwarmer. disappointed as had problems lighting the burner. Followed instructions but very slow to light and very fiddly to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant item!!, 12 Jan 2014
This handwarmer keeps warm for hours , it's also compact and stylish !
It's a very hardy piece of kit to have as I use it for outdoor Archery

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice but a faff to use., 19 Dec 2013
Paul Condren (England) - See all my reviews
A nice looking item but takes an age to light. Half the time I don’t know if it finally lit or just warm form the attempt to light it which involves about 10 minutes of continuous lit match application!