on 30 June 2011
I bought this kettle for its looks alone. It has a lovely gloss finish in a deep plum and looks very classy. It boils very quietly and quickly and also has an optional whistle which is easily turned on and off. It also lights up inside when it is turned on.
In short it does everything expected of a kettle and looks good too.
on 18 October 2011
this kettle is easy to fill, easy to pour (right weight balance)fab colour, and easy to wipe clean seems to resist those horrible water stains quite well. As others have said the whistle can be turned off, but quite useful if you are one of those people who puts the kettle and then gets distracted.Morphy Richards Meno Jug Kettle Plum
on 29 February 2012
This ticked the box on the appearance- great looks, subtle matt finish with the colour I wanted to match my kitchen. Also rapid boil and with much less noise than the previous kettle. A nice little whistle at the end of the boil, keeps you in touch. But the two stars are because on day 5, the enamel started to chip off near the spout-- so not sure on how long the colour is going to last. Real shame, as otherwise this kettle delivers.
on 31 August 2011
I got this kettle along with the plum toaster mostly for the colour. I didn't really need a new kettle, only toaster but sinced they matched and were purple (my favourite colour) they both had to go together. Besides from looking pretty thee kettle is good too. It recommends filling through the spout as it filters the water as it goes in which helps and means descaling less often. Also I have the wistle turned on which lets you know it has boiled whatever room you are in it can be heard. Overall a great kettle that brightens up the kitchen!
on 9 January 2012
We needed a new kettle after our old one of 12 years went bang one morning and the plastic base melted. After having a good browse around the reviews on Amazon I finally settled on this. We wanted something that would boil quickly without too much noise and would be reasonably energy efficient. We got all that with this model - and it looks really great too.
Compared to our old one it is really quick. In the mornings I fill it to the 4 cup level, switch it on, prime my gigantic mug (4 standard cups) with sufficient instant coffee and brown sugar, head off to the hallway to turn off the burglar alarm and return to the kitchen just in time to hear it whistling.
The plum colour looks very attractive, the blue glow and bubbling water in the window is really cool, and the whistle is certainly a bonus at the moment whilst we are still getting used to how quick it is. Filling via the pop up lid is quick and easy and pouring is drip and leak free, even down to the last drops.
My only minor quibble is that it's not always easy to see the level of water to which you are filling, especially when holding the kettle under the tap with one hand and turning the cold tap with the other. Having said that, I have now begun to judge how much to fill it from the sound of the kettle filling up and the length of time I have the tap turned on.
Not the cheapest kettle, but certainly the best looking and quickest I've ever had. Highly recommended.
on 22 February 2012
Looks nice but there is a weird plastic taste that after 2 months of using and 3 deep washes still wont go! Cant use it at the moment so will give it another wash then im buying a different one.
VINE VOICEon 25 January 2012
The Morphy Richards Meno ticks all of the boxes for a kettle. Whether the design is to your taste is subjective, but in the flesh it is a nice, well made, high quality piece of equipment. It's harder than it should be to select a kettle, you'd think it was a simple task wouldn't you? Just give me a kettle that boils water without the need for a trip to A&E or the complains department. If like me you've read reviews of other kettles you are probably getting exasperated by the whole process.

Let me put your mind at rest, this kettle works. The handle is sturdy and comfortable to hold. No steam leaks out to scald you and hence it can be operated is complete safety. It looks and is sturdy. It is designed to be filled through the spout and indeed the instructions recommend this, but just in case, the lid closes securely and the mechanism looks and feels as if it will last. There is a window on each side of the kettle and so even if you are one of these sinister left-handers you can still gauge the water level when filling. The scale is calibrated (randomly) in cups. I would have preferred litres but that's just being picky. The on/off switch works well enough but is plastic and feels the most flimsy part of the kettle. That said, it gives no cause for concern, I doubt it is in any danger of failing.

The Meno is designed to be quite and this works well. I can't say that this was an important element of my selection criteria and silent it isn't, but it has a job to do and it does it more quietly than any kettle I've owned.

The Meno is mettle as opposed to plastic) but it did infuse the water with a slightly unpleasant metallic taste for the first week or so. It took about 20 uses before the taste faded to nothing. We did wonder whether the taste would ever go but eventually it did.

The last two features of note are the blue light from two small LEDs on the base of the kettle. I suppose this makes it easier to see the level of water in the kettle but will be the first feature to fail I suspect (simple is better for a kettle me thinks). Lastly there is a peculiar whistle feature. This is an electronic whistle that starts when the kettle switches itself off. There is a switch on the base to disable it when (as it will) it eventually gets on your nerves.

So a considered four stars for the Meno. It's well made, looks really nice, well designed, quite and accommodates the left handed users amongst us. It loses a star for the metallic taste that in imbued each cup full of tea for the first week. A month in however and I'm very happy with my purchase.
on 14 February 2012
Will keep this short & sweet :)

Bought this kettle as love the plum / purple shades; one of my favourites.

It does as it says on the box and in reviews...

Wide spout to fill ; it's suggested to fill via spout as filter is there

Quiet (Ssssh) boiling

Fast boiling time

and my favourite "gimmick" it whistles when the kettle finishes boiling. This I will say, does get a bit annoying after the novelty wears off after boiling first few times. However that said a handy feature if you need to know when the kettle is boiled in you are in another room... if it gets to annoying for you or you just don't want it to whistle there is an on/off option on the base of the power unit for this; this is good as gives the user the option (kettle ships with whistle set to on)

All round well designed and attractive kettle and a good reliable brand; shipped by amazon on behalf of the seller.

I ordered this on the early hours of Saturday around 3am, and was able to get free super saver delivery, and the kettle arrived by 9am the following Monday. So was very happy with the whole process from start to finish.

Considering buying the matching toaster but at £50-£60 not totally sure as yet as the kettle just cost me £40.
on 11 February 2012
bought to replace cheapo right handed kettle we had and im left handed so a 360 kettle was needed. definately worth the purchase, very fast and surprisingly quiet boil, feels solid, easy to pour and fill using the spout. registered online for a 2 year warranty instead of the standard one year. oh and very quick delivery from amazon considering it wasnt even stock when i purchased it!
on 17 February 2012
This kettle is a lovely vibrant colour and is neat enough to sit anywhere on your worktop. You have the option of a whistle going off when the kettle is boiled or you can have it in normal function which is very quiet compared to other kettles I have had before. Well worth the money.