5.0 out of 5 stars Razer Naga Epic
I have been a Razer fan since 2009 when I bought my first gaming PC, if you want, feel free to look at my other reviews of their products. Now, the mouse:

Published 22 months ago by Mr. S. Williams

3.0 out of 5 stars MMO must have!
This little mouse is a revelation if your into MMO or RPG games in general, the Naga Epic has a changeable grip which ensures you get the ideal fit no matter what size hands you have (I found the standard Naga a little too small).
Published on 18 Sep 2011 by PluckyBrit

5.0 out of 5 stars Razer Naga Epic, 16 Feb 2013
Mr. S. Williams (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Razer Naga MMO Epic Wireless 5600DPI Gaming Mouse (Accessory)

The Naga is meant for MMO gamers, this means games such as World of Warcraft or Guild Wars 2. I own both games and the mouse works flawlessly with each, nothing to install and no issues to report. But I should mention, those are also the *only* games I use the mouse for. When I'm playing FPS games or just use the PC for standard tasks, I use my Razer Imperator.

The Naga has a good grip on the right side which is interchangeable depending on your grip type. I just use the one already on the mouse, but it would be worth experimenting to find what's comfortable. The numbers on the left side are easy to use but it may take a while to get used to it, but that's by no means a total negative as using this if far easier than using a keyboard and a mouse with limited options. Razer do make a keyboard for MMOs called the Anansi, but I haven't tried it as I'm happy with what I have.

The mouse comes with a charging dock that acts as the wireless transmitter and the cable to that can also unplug and be used to make the mouse wired. I have only used wireless and have had no problems with battery although unlike the Razer Mamba there is no battery display. Speaking of which, if you have used the Mamba or the early Imperator, the feel of the mouse will be a familiar one.

Overall this mouse may not be essential for you, I just got it to make MMO gaming that bit easier for me. I often say that Razer products are expensive but worth it for the quality but this mouse has a specific purpose. If you want a basic Razer mouse I would say the Imperator or Deathadder would be a better choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a present, 7 April 2011
Admittedly a rather expensive present, but my other half has been after this mouse since the first mention of its release and was a little disappointed he couldn't preorder it outside of the US.

He's owned a Razer Naga for well over a year and wouldn't hear about buying from any where else. The ability to change the 'size' of the mouse has proved rather helpful as though the Naga is perfect for me, it's a little on the small side for him.

So far the only negative that's been found is the movement of the buttons from the side of the left click to behind the wheel, but I dare say that can be overcome with time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Phenomenal, 15 Mar 2011
I bought this the second I found out about, impressed from all angles, Battery life is great, I do a lot of gaming, and it keeps up, on the few times it runs low a short recharge or just going wired mode for a few minutes and its back up again. Downside...Amazon let me down on the delivery times, took so long I order elsewhere, but usually there spot on.
recommended if your a gamer of any type, it's very versatile.

3.0 out of 5 stars MMO must have!, 18 Sep 2011
Could not recommend it more, since buying this I have joined it with a Razer Anasi keyboard, also excellent, and have literally just ordered the razer megalodon headset as well.

**Amendment, after a year it has broken, double clicking left mouse button has made this mouse pretty much useless. I now consider this mouse a piece of exotica for the gaming world, much like a Maserati, it's great while it's working.

5.0 out of 5 stars good mice, 24 Feb 2014
good looking and useful, but i never use the wireless mode kind use less u cant change after u turn of pc.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 5 May 2013
Sometimes connection drops out, other than that, flawless. Really good mouse, only a few minor problems keeping it from five stars

4.0 out of 5 stars Great mouse... but isn't perfect, 12 April 2013
I have owned this baby for about 2 years so hopefully this will give it a fair review on what it can actually do and durability (something that Razer seem to be bashed about constantly in reviews). This is my primary mouse and I use it pretty much on a daily basis since I got it...

Razer Synapse
I own a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate so I see great synergies of having both the products together on Razer Synapse... boy, was I in for a treat. Initially, Razer Synapse faced constant crashes when I had it and goes unresponsive and I couldn't switch back to the legacy drivers that I was using before because my programmed keys, macros etc weren't working at all. However, that was soon solved by tirelessly googling and updating drivers, firmwares and reinstalling Synapse. I finally got my mouse and keyboard to work steadily and *fingers crossed* no crashes since
Verdict: Transition from legacy drivers to Synapse wasn't a smooth one, but I do prefer Synapse once I get it work properly (4/5)

Built quality
The sides of the scroll buttons have black round stickers on them for aesthetic purposes. Unfortunately, stickers can't last forever and mine have been peeling off since the last 9 months. To fix it, just roll the scroll button while pushing the sticker to get it back in. I'm not sure if this is just me but after prolonged usage and no cleaning on the palm area, sweat has stuck and the mouse now stinks after long uses. The paint on the side keys have chipped off a tiny bit but surprisingly way less than I have seen on other products in the market with backlit keys.
Verdict: Probably could be better done, something Razer can improve on (3/5)

Concept of the mouse
Numpad on your mouse is simply brilliant. While I do not play MMORPGs, I do play MOBAs (think DotA, LoL, HoN) and I use my thumb numpad whenever I can. It has been revolutionary in terms of my gameplay - I don't intend on going pro but it spared my other hardware from rage outbursts as a result of frustration. The applications are plenty in different game types but it does getting a little bit used it i.e. the habit of using your thumb instead of other hand
Verdict: Can't go back to a mouse with less buttons (5/5)

Grips
The mouse comes with three grips but I think you will tend to stick with one - which I have done since my first use leaving me with 2 pieces of plastic that I have no other uses for. The merits are you are likely to find a grip that you like.
Verdict: No faults (5/5)

Wireless/wired mode
While the battery life is reasonable, I have a tendency of forgetting to charge my mouse when not in use and that has led to a couple of frustrating moments when your mouse dies and realising that it needs recharging. My battery indicator has grown unreliable and I have gone back to the wired mode - just to be on the safe side - when gaming. Switching from wireless to wired mode takes probably about 10 seconds for my computer (which isn't that shabby) to detect the mouse again.
Verdict: Wireless mode is a different freedom but switching between wired and wireless could be a way smoother process (4/5)

Overall
I am generally quite happy with the mouse apart from the few faults mentioned above. While this review might seem like I am trying to bash the mouse, my intentions are to be honest by bringing out the quirks of the mouse instead so you are aware before plunging in £100 into purchasing the mouse. Although, I might consider getting the cheaper wired version the next time I am thinking about changing. For now, I have no intentions of changing mouse - which is a huge compliment to the product considering that I have a tendency of going for the newest and bestest, and well, the Naga Epic could be a little bit dated. 4 stars - great mouse but many things could be done better, 5 stars do mean perfect and the Naga Epic isn't quite there yet.

Other note: I do not own G600 so I cannot give a fair comparison.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 17 Mar 2011
J. Barnes (UK) - See all my reviews
Having used the original Razer Naga and wishing it was wireless, Razer go and launch the Naga Epic. needless to say i was excited :-) having had the product for the last 2 weeks i can honestly say i am thoroughly impressed, the original naga was always a tad small for my hands, where as the epic gave me the option to change it about with included side panels to fit more comfortably for me. battery life is fantastic, even with pulse rate of the light and brightness turned up it lasts ages. im using this with the Razer Vespula mouse mat and they make a fantastic pair. would definitely recommend to any serious gamers looking for this level of control and versatility literally at the palm of your hand.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice mouse with quirks, 13 Jun 2014
Ive had the mouse since April and yes it does have some quirks to it but I still like it. Regarding on one of the reviews that it doesn't charge up after the pc is switched off ..well mine does ? Its down to the settings on your usb hub power management settings .Go into your device manger - look for universal serial bus controller - USB root hoot/Generic USB hub - properties - power management - make sure you have ticked allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. That should do the trick I seem to remember if not somebody will no doubt correct me :)
Also another tip I found regarding the mouse freezing I have a second old wired plugged in aswell which I don't use till this happens when the pushing the tab to wired doesn't work on the back of the mouse ..just move the curser with the wired mouse and the wireless mouse seems to come back to life. Yes I know that defeats the object of having a wirless mouse but the wired mouse is out of the way under my monitor and is only used for this event which doesn't happen that much. Other than that I love all the buttons the feel of the mouse and the razer synapse software.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a product..., 13 Jun 2014
IF YOU PLAY MMO RPGS YOU NEED ONE OF THESE.

I had the original Naga, which was fantastic.. But I broke it because im an idiot. Got this as a replacement as soon as I realised my old one was beyond repair (RIP)

The Naga has honestly has been the best thing I have EVER purchased for myself in the gaming department. As a WoW player I thought this would be an amazing product. and it delivered. I find myself using the thumb keys in every other game I play (FPS MMO MOBA RTS)

This edition is slightly better than the original. The 2 buttons below the mouse wheel are an excellent addition.

I have now given this mouse to one of my friends who thinks just as highly of it as I do. I now have the Razer naga 2014.

Having owned all of the Razer nagas (apart from the hex) I can solidly say that this product is worth every penny and more.