on 19 July 2012
This seemed like a good buy, and indeed, the quality and speed were fine, but after light use (140-odd pages) it stopped working. Completely.

The status light interpretation was "Stop Printing, Service Requested" which struck me as odd, given that it had only printed 140 pages. I checked the manual, but to no avail. I checked the web, but drew a blank (in saying this, it seems Xerox have a history of mysteriously malfunctioning laser printers - do a web search and judge for yourself).

I contacted Xerox support but have still not been able to resolve the issue. Xerox customer services have been truly awful; it's not a matter of them not knowing how to fix the problem, but rather they can't seem to locate the correct department. I've been passed from one section to another, and back again, several times. No one seems to know. Is it really that difficult?!

If you need an inexpensive laser printer then look elsewhere.
on 30 March 2013
Very good printer, it comes with toners (starter toners) will see how long toner will last. The drivers for Linux Fedora 32 bit are available from the manufacturer web site but I could not find drivers for the Fedora Linux 64 bit. I hope Xerox will pull finger out and provide drivers for 64 bit GNU/Linux soon. Otherwise this seem to be quite good printer.
on 12 March 2014
No Complaints so far with this printer, we have used this in our design department so they can print visuals off for us and its very good quality. Would recommend
on 18 July 2013
A very good printer. When I printed photos the colours were very faithful and the printer is very simple to use.
on 5 November 2012
Amazing value for money.
Print quality looks good, but to be honest, I've hardly used it.
It was out of action for a while as one of the dogs chewed the usb cable lol.
Then it was out of action for longer, I suspected the dog had shorted the USB connection in the printer as the PC just didn't pick it up. So decided to try a network cable, but I just couldn't get it in the network port, so decided to pull the printer out for better access. That's when it hit me, the usb cable was in the network port lol.
My excuse was that it was in a tight space and I had to feel round the back for the port, and only realised it was in the wrong one when I couldn't fit a network cable in to test it, lol.
One thing I don't like is that the paper tray sticks out a bit and collects dust, we have plenty of dust in our house.
Can't complain though at this price.
on 16 June 2012
I was really interested in this printer at the highly cut price from £200 or something like that, and reduced to about 80 quid. Beware, if you follow the link for new toners (complete set) it's like £160 to replace them. When will these people start to produce low cost toners, and stop people falling into the trap of being ripped off when the toners run out, and the price of the toners should not be like more than twice the cost of the printer! I myself am sticking to my Epson SX218 inkjet printer. I can get 3 full sets of inks and 2 extra black carts for under 15 quid, and the work fine. So be aware of cheap color Lasers, as they will hit your wallet when you need to refill. Only one good side of this Xerox printer is that if you are only printing black and white, you still can use it when the color when they run out, which you can not do with a lot of inkjet printers, including my Epson
33 comments5 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 July 2015