4.0 out of 5 stars A little stiff but it works!
It was tough to put on at first. I thought it didn't work. However I did push it as far as it went and it works. I used a Sony Jessops flash gun and it works plus you can put the trigger on your tripod! Worth the money for cheap equipment.
Published on 30 Nov. 2011 by Onikage

3.0 out of 5 stars Took ages to get it working
I decided it was about time I got a wireless flash trigger as I can't trigger a flash remotely with my Alpha 850 as it doesn't have a built in flash. After a lot of looking around I decided upon this model.

Published on 4 Dec. 2012 by A. Styles

4.0 out of 5 stars A little stiff but it works!, 30 Nov. 2011
This review is from: 2 in 1 Wireless Studio & Flashgun Trigger for Sony & Konica Minolta Camera & Sony F36AM,F42AM,F56AM,F58AM,Minolta 3600HSD,5400HSD,5600HSD Speedlite (Electronics)

3.0 out of 5 stars Took ages to get it working, 4 Dec. 2012
A. Styles - See all my reviews

The seller dispatched it very quickly and it was on my doormat after a couple of days. The first thing I found was that there were no instructions included with the device (I don't know if this is standard or they just forgot to put some in my box). This makes working out how to use them quite difficult if you haven't had wireless radio triggers before (like me). If it is the case that you don't get them with the trigger then I will sum up what I had to do.

You need two AAA batteries for the reciever unit (not supplied) and then you mount it on to your flash gun (I have the Sony HVLF42AM gun). It is then advisable to mount it on a tripod as it won't go on the plastic 'foot' that the Sony flash comes with when the receiver unit is attached. Next you attach the sender unit to your camera. I found I had to use the PC sync port on the camera to get it to work with the supplied cable not just the hotshoe. One of the things you notice is that it won't register as having been detected on the shooting info screen (I suspect this is only for the bodies with no built in flash a850/a900/a99) but it should work anyway. You seem to adjust frequency using the blue dipswitches on both units making sure they are set the same on both, there is then a test button on the sender unit (unlabelled) which makes a light flash on both units in time, this proves they can communicate.

When you start using the trigger you will realise you will have to manually set the power of the flash with the controls on the unit itself, and then dial in your shutter speed yourself also. This means that you are best off putting the camera into full manual and dialling in all the correct settings yourself. This is because the flash ADI/TTL doesn't seem to work, but it is fine if you don't mind firing off a few shots until you have got your setup dialled in.

The things I have said in this review are ONLY my experience, others may say differently to me so make sure you read other reviews when deciding. I only give this unit three stars because there were no instructions and you have to manually set up each shot it would seem. They are quite cheap though and do work ok once you get used to them so the decision to purchase or not has to take this into account.

4.0 out of 5 stars A handy gadget, 1 Oct. 2012
A handy gadget, firstly I received the wrong transmitter but the fantastic response from this supplier supplied the correct one within two days.
The supplier was helpful well beyond expectations.
Even to the extent they advised me on what is probably an undocumented way of remote firing a Sony NEX flash from NEX7 camera.
Hear's how:- Firstly you have to initialise the flash on the camera to the extent you have to at least fire one test shot off, remove the flash while still switched on and connect the transmitter and the recover accordingly. Yes this worked!
But be aware that as its only a two wire communication to the flash / camera and the full connectivity functions don't work. You have to manually set the flash brightness etc to the camera.
I've also purchased the cable 4 wired version witch obviously over came the above.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wireless Solution for Sony Alpha 580 and Nissin Di866 Pro Flash, 28 Aug. 2011
I have been looking for a flash trigger for some time. Admittedly, it works in MANUAL and not TTL mode ... but a great solution. 5 Stars ... And of the Seller gets 10/10 for service.