Format: Audio CD|Change

on 19 May 2011
An eagerly awaited album, found it a big let. Having read all the reviews thought it might be something special. It was ok cant say i will play it very much. thought the tracks were very samey afraid to say big no for me.
on 8 May 2011
I absolutely loved their first album and they haven't let me down with this one. I can't get enough of their beautiful harmonies. There is one track on the album which I do skip but all the other tracks live up to my expectations. I saw them on Later with Jools Holland and was mesmorised by their performance. They're very talented chaps.
on 22 May 2011
This is a very worthy successor to their first CD. Whilst it follows the style of the previous one in a number of respects, it does extend its parameters on a couple of tracks. One of them could be described as free jazz, which I have to say is not my cup of tea. However, overall the CD makes enjoyable listening and I recommend it to fans of Fleet Foxes.
on 4 May 2011
This has been one of the most anticipated follow ups of recent years!The 1st album so fresh and
you could say timeless,it was amazing but after streaming Helplessness Blues for over a week, none stop because i admit i could'nt
wait,i feel Let Down! yes it sounds nice,beautiful singing,gorgeous arrangements,caught up in all the exicitment around them at the moment BUT truth be told the songs and lyrics just arent as solid here!
Their is nothing HERE to rival BLUE RIDGE MOUNTAIN,MEADOWLARKS,YOUR PROTECTOR,RAGGED WOOD or the great Sun Giant ep song that is MYKONOS,this is not the album of the year unfortunately, i will keep playing the album but i feel as time moves on,the 1st will prove itself the better album by far!,HELPLESSNESS BLUES,BATTERY KINZIE,GROWN OCEAN are they really a cut above everything that has gone before.........NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on 21 June 2012
This is nice music, not as good as the first CD but still very nice, if veering a litle close to Neil Young. The CD plays fine on my CD player but my computer really doesn't like the CD at all, the CD makes a weird clicking sound and just comes to a stop. Weird.
on 3 May 2011
- really it is, if you liked the first one I can't think of any reason why you wouldn't like this.
on 10 July 2011
Very difficult second album but I think they have produced a classic.Takes a while to grow on you but when it does its well worth it.
on 27 June 2011
THIS ALBUM IS BRILLIANT FROM START TO FINISH,THE HARMONIES AND THE MUSIC ARE JUST SUPERB,IF YOU LIKE CHILL OUT MUSIC THEN THIS ALBUM REALLY IS A MUST HAVE FOR YOUR COLLECTION.ROLL ON ALBUM NUMBER 3.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 May 2011
After listening more than 10 times to this album i do not understand the overall high praise this album receives.

Maybe it is interesting to love the strange lyrics.
The most important thing for me is the music and how it sounds; intelligent or moving lyrics are nice but not number 1 for me.
So how does this album sound?
As with the first album the nice close harmony is there. Rbin Pecknold has an extraordinary voice.
So all fine but the melodies?
The first 4 tracks are nothing special; the second part of the album is superior.
A very nice instrumental the cascades; the shrine/an argument is superb. blue spotted trail is another highlight just a voice and a guitar.
These cosmic tones (that is how my media player calls the music by fleetfoxes) are recorderded rather thin; the greatest part of the album sounds so so.
So soundquality 2 1/2 stars.
Music because of the very strong second part of the album 4 stars
on 4 May 2011
If you just want reassurance that Robin Pecknold has woven another soft comforter blanket, then I can confirm that he indisputably has. From there it gets a little more complicated, because the truth of it is that I am also left feeling a bit cheated - in the way I feel chiselled by that fruit infusion that smells like nothing on earth, but just doesn't deliver on the taste. Don't get me wrong here, it isn't that this is anything less than a beautifully well-crafted and highly accomplished album; but, it does nothing to challenge us.. and I suppose that is the real problem here: it is predictable and offers not a single surprise.

If you have only just discovered Fleet Foxes, then don't hesitate: buy this album now and rejoice in the luxuriant glow you will feel; BUT if you are returning to Fleet Foxes and expecting this album to excite you the way that the first one did, then I am less confident in my recommendation.