I've been using the paid for Evernote for over a year now and it is perfect in all respects. All my notes, information and things like my diary/journal are all kept in perfect sync on my PC, Chromebook, Tablet, phone, and now my Kindle. I could not live without it. And the absolute beauty of Evernote is, buy it once, use it on any device you like, not like a To-Do list thingy I also use and which needs a new license for every device I install it on.
Evernote truly is worth every penny.
on 25 November 2012
I have this app on every device I own and use it every day. It's a fantastic time-saver and quite simply - indispensable.
0Comment|114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 December 2012
Best note pad style app out there. The features are great especially the ability to link it to other devices like your pc. The only bad thing is that unless you have thepaid version you need signal to retrieve your notes, pics etc. Still 5 stars though!
on 26 October 2012
This is great little app, really handy for making quick notes and reminders. Perfect if you need to make notes on the go.
0Comment|97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 October 2012
I download this as it was app of the week mentioned.in the Which podcast. It taken a while to get use to using having done do it is a brilliant app as no matter what device ( phone, ipod or laptop)I am using my information is always available.
0Comment|106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 4 February 2014
I have used Evernote since April 2011 and thought it was the best thing ever (certainly better than sliced bread...). However over the past year I have experienced significant problems, finally rendering the database unusable because it became so slow and bogged down (returning useless search results, for example) after the installation of an app from the Evernote Trunk, that I was forced to look elsewhere. Despite being a Premium user of Evernote from the beginning, help was not forthcoming and I made the decision to change - very reluctantly - after months of appealing for help (24-hour working day turnaround on helpline tickets used to be a feature of Premium, but now I discover this is no longer the case and they're not committing to anything in this regard with reference to Premium membership) and no joy.

Changing over from Evernote to another program has, obviously, been a nightmare. My entire life - both professional and domestic - was on Evernote and the accumulation of nearly three years of data needs some handling over a transition. However, on the plus side, I have taken the chance to merge notes (something which doesn't always happen as one expects with Evernote so I long ago resorted to cut-and-paste), prune, and generally revisit my data - that's the plus side. On the downside I discover that I've lost data, some because e-mailed notes to Evernote have never arrived (and I have a professional ISP and separate professional e-mail client and e-mails don't go astray as a general rule) and some because one of my notebooks mysteriously disappeared in the general meltdown.

Never again will I trust my data to a Cloud-based program or company. AllMyNotes (which has done a remarkably good job, under the circumstances, of importing data from Evernote) is a standalone program with the facility of syncing. I can easily both backup my data and know that it's in a format (formats) which can later be read by other programs if necessary, and also share selected data with my netbook, my partner's phablet, tablet and desktop. It's all under my control and I can either deal with problems myself or get answers from the guy who actually wrote the program - immediately and without begging and having to contact the CEO of the company on Twitter just to get a result(!).

In addition, features such as reminders which I have waited a long time for Evernote to introduce are standard (and far superior) in AllMyNotes already, as is colour coding; the search feature (obviously the most fundamental and vital of tools in a database) is infinitely superior both in speed and accuracy.

Evernote was good - but they've let users (particularly those users who've paid good money over the years) down, and they've admitted to me this is the case. Keep your data under your own control, I think is the lesson here.
on 18 February 2013
Evernote is a simple package that comes available in either 'Free' or 'Subscription' forms, the latter obviously having more functionality and allows more downloads. The free version allows you to install it several PC's/Tablets/Phones and allows the content to be synched between them all.
The package itself allows you to make notes, take photos and store as notes, capture useful web pages for offline use and is integrated into several of the Microsoft Office packages allowing content to be sent from them. As with most things now it is fully compatible with the social media sites allowing the user to publicise info and pictures directly from the application.
Overall the package is exceptionally easy to use, easy to set up and with the exception of the full version of Microsoft One Note (which you have to pay for with office), is the best notebook application I have used to date.
on 12 December 2012
I downloaded this app for free, and whilst in the beginning I had no immediate use for it, it has now become a frequently used app.

Handy for those passing ideas and notes, to reminders and a journal of sorts.

I recommend for all.
on 31 December 2012
Great little app. Been using it for a while on other platforms.

Would get 5 stars but the amazon kindle version is way behind other platforms - it is version 4.4.2 on the google site.
on 3 December 2012
An absolutely necessary app, its design and integration between devices make it both reliable and indispensable for anyone who likes to have notes organised