5.0 out of 5 stars Indispensable
I have this app on every device I own and use it every day. It's a fantastic time-saver and quite simply - indispensable.
Published on 25 Nov 2012 by Lo Sibley

2.0 out of 5 stars Used to be good - now very flaky
Published 10 months ago by Maryon Jeane

2.0 out of 5 stars Used to be good - now very flaky, 4 Feb 2014
Maryon Jeane "maryonjeane" (Shropshire) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Evernote (App)
I have used Evernote since April 2011 and thought it was the best thing ever (certainly better than sliced bread...). However over the past year I have experienced significant problems, finally rendering the database unusable because it became so slow and bogged down (returning useless search results, for example) after the installation of an app from the Evernote Trunk, that I was forced to look elsewhere. Despite being a Premium user of Evernote from the beginning, help was not forthcoming and I made the decision to change - very reluctantly - after months of appealing for help (24-hour working day turnaround on helpline tickets used to be a feature of Premium, but now I discover this is no longer the case and they're not committing to anything in this regard with reference to Premium membership) and no joy.

Changing over from Evernote to another program has, obviously, been a nightmare. My entire life - both professional and domestic - was on Evernote and the accumulation of nearly three years of data needs some handling over a transition. However, on the plus side, I have taken the chance to merge notes (something which doesn't always happen as one expects with Evernote so I long ago resorted to cut-and-paste), prune, and generally revisit my data - that's the plus side. On the downside I discover that I've lost data, some because e-mailed notes to Evernote have never arrived (and I have a professional ISP and separate professional e-mail client and e-mails don't go astray as a general rule) and some because one of my notebooks mysteriously disappeared in the general meltdown.

Never again will I trust my data to a Cloud-based program or company. AllMyNotes (which has done a remarkably good job, under the circumstances, of importing data from Evernote) is a standalone program with the facility of syncing. I can easily both backup my data and know that it's in a format (formats) which can later be read by other programs if necessary, and also share selected data with my netbook, my partner's phablet, tablet and desktop. It's all under my control and I can either deal with problems myself or get answers from the guy who actually wrote the program - immediately and without begging and having to contact the CEO of the company on Twitter just to get a result(!).

In addition, features such as reminders which I have waited a long time for Evernote to introduce are standard (and far superior) in AllMyNotes already, as is colour coding; the search feature (obviously the most fundamental and vital of tools in a database) is infinitely superior both in speed and accuracy.

Evernote was good - but they've let users (particularly those users who've paid good money over the years) down, and they've admitted to me this is the case. Keep your data under your own control, I think is the lesson here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Indispensable, 25 Nov 2012
Lo Sibley (V˙STER˙S, Sweden) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Good app, 26 Oct 2012
Beverley "Enjoy most Audible books on route t... (Birmingham, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Evernote (App)
I download this as it was app of the week mentioned.in the Which podcast. It taken a while to get use to using having done do it is a brilliant app as no matter what device ( phone, ipod or laptop)I am using my information is always available.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most frequently used app!, 10 Jan 2013
This review is from: Evernote (App)
Fantastic app, remarkably handy. Better than pen and paper - you can write a zillion notes and never run out of ink! Don't feel like typing? Save a voice note instead! Or a picture. Or a combination of them all! I've had this app for two weeks and am still finding new ways I can store data/web pages/images etc. I'd have happily paid for this one.. but thats just between you and me, okay? ; )

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant app!, 6 Dec 2012
Gregory Lawrence (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Evernote (App)
Best note pad style app out there. The features are great especially the ability to link it to other devices like your pc. The only bad thing is that unless you have thepaid version you need signal to retrieve your notes, pics etc. Still 5 stars though!

5.0 out of 5 stars Evernote magic, 26 Oct 2012
This review is from: Evernote (App)
This is great little app, really handy for making quick notes and reminders. Perfect if you need to make notes on the go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad to see Evernote on Kindle Fire HD, 21 Nov 2012
This review is from: Evernote (App)
I've been using the paid for Evernote for over a year now and it is perfect in all respects. All my notes, information and things like my diary/journal are all kept in perfect sync on my PC, Chromebook, Tablet, phone, and now my Kindle. I could not live without it. And the absolute beauty of Evernote is, buy it once, use it on any device you like, not like a To-Do list thingy I also use and which needs a new license for every device I install it on.
Evernote truly is worth every penny.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great app, 31 Dec 2012
This review is from: Evernote (App)
Great little app. Been using it for a while on other platforms.

Would get 5 stars but the amazon kindle version is way behind other platforms - it is version 4.4.2 on the google site.

5.0 out of 5 stars does what it says it does, 12 Dec 2012
This review is from: Evernote (App)
I downloaded this app for free, and whilst in the beginning I had no immediate use for it, it has now become a frequently used app.

Handy for those passing ideas and notes, to reminders and a journal of sorts.

I recommend for all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 3 Dec 2012
This review is from: Evernote (App)
An absolutely necessary app, its design and integration between devices make it both reliable and indispensable for anyone who likes to have notes organised

Evernote
Evernote by Evernote Corp.