1,038 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!
This is a great product at a great price! It's really easy and efficient to remove hair from upper lips and chin area once you get the hang of it. I bent the instrument in u shape like shown in the picture( and as the instructions say), pressed it against my skin and then rolled it upwards.......and got great results in no time! Happy with the purchase.
Published on 6 April 2012 by Shaila

3.0 out of 5 stars good product
Took me a while to use it properly but doesn't grab really short hair!!! So it's a bit useless for me
Published on 2 Dec. 2011 by bellesa

4.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!, 6 April 2012
This review is from: Epistick Epilator Facial Hair Removal Tool (Comes Complete With English Instructions On How To Use, Courtesy of RazorBlades4u) (Personal Care)

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely pleased with it!, 24 April 2015
I thought I get the cheapest one because I had enough "miracle" tools before and I am not prepared to spend my money on something - again - what Im not sure if will work or not. Well. The hair situation in my chin started to annoy me endlessly and my worries grow thinking everyone can see the hair on my chin - even when I pluck daily (which I do). So I thought this could be a solution if it works, I get the cheap one, if it will do the job, I will invest in an expensive "proper" one.
It arrived and I had no idea of the movements you have to do to make it work so I put "epistick" in yahoo search and voila, PLENTY of videos came up showing how to do it. It took me about 3 seconds to get it right and to master the tool. IT DOES WORK! Hurts like hell but you can see, it does remove hair from the root. My upper chin hair was not grown only those very tiny hair was on - I thought I give them another day and tried to pluck them then - guess what, the epistick did manage to caught those tiny little hair too and removed it!!! WOW! Im impressed! I have to find the way to manage with the pain because that is the only downside of this product but its just too good not to use because of that. (I only tried the product like 10 minutes ago and I dont know about how it will be when the hair is growing back -slower, weaker, etc. So I might come back later to share more of my experience.) But for now on, I announce shocked: This cheap tool does work and removes hair !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Actually works, 13 Feb. 2014
Having struggled with waxing, epilating, laser (seriously), tweezing, NOTHING worked to not look like a boy on a daily basis. This is time consuming, and down sting but it WORKS. I hear reviews of the handle breaking. I am now purchasing a 2nd incase this happens as it is worth it.
Cannot recommend enough!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic once you know how to use it!, 21 July 2013
There seem to be a lot of one and two star reviews on here from people who could not get this product to work. Once you know how, it is actually very simple and quick:
1) Hold in both hands by the plastic handles, and bend into a U shape as shown on the picture.
2) Lightly place just underneath the hair you want to remove, so it just rests on the skin.
3) Twist the handles INWARDS. This will cause the spring to rotate. As it does so, roll it up at a medium pace over the area of hair you want to remove.
4) Repeat until the hair is gone.
It does take a little practice, but once you've got it, you'll never have to pay for wax / threading sessions again! Make sure that you have sterilised the spring (for example with rubbing alcohol) before you use it each time, to prevent transferring bacteria from the spring to your face. Also make sure that your skin is cleansed before epilating, and then cleanse again after you've finished. This should minimise the spots/bumps which most people get when they begin a new method of hair removal, and will reduce the chance of infection. Expect some pain when you first begin using this, of a similar level to waxing/epilation/threading (after all, they do the same thing - remove hair by the root). After a few uses the pain diminishes though.
As for the product itself, it arrived very speedily and in perfect condition. It feels very sturdy and well made, especially for the cheap price.

3.0 out of 5 stars good product, 2 Dec. 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Drumroll! A real life magic wand!, 17 Jun. 2013
I'm over the moon right now with how brilliant this 'cheap' little wand is! First things first, please note noone paid me to do this review, heck this is my first amazon product review, but i'm pleased so much that I almost felt like i owe it to all the women like me! I like most other women with PCOS, have really suffered with hair overgrowth for many years now and for me threading every 15days was the only solution and that in itself was very frustrating until NOW! I bought this after reading many good/bad things and like many i just bought it cos its just £1.40.

The delivery was prompt and I received it just this morning which was perfect because my threading visit was due and I wanted to try this on fully grown upper lip hair, so I have literally just used this the way it was shown in a couple of youtube videos and just applied some common sense to it really and it has worked wonders for me, my upper lip looks as it would look after a gruelling threading session and much to my relief it was less painful - yes it does hurt but since im pretty used to that much pain each time i go threading i thought this was bearable for the job it was doing and it was quick too. I still cant believe I have found a solution to my life-long problem! So GLAD i tried and would recommend this to almost all my friends and family! You can thank me later :) I know i thanked myself! Haha. GOODLUCK!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product, 10 May 2012
really simple and easy to use and it works!!! extremely inexpensive as well. why didn't i get one years ago.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 3 April 2014
Absolutely useless. Cannot understand all the good reviews. So glad it did not cost that much I would have been peeved

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 8 Aug. 2013
The item was described as coming with English instructions - it didn't so I watched several YouTube videos (different people seem to have different methods of using this item!) I tried to practice on my leg (didn't work) so went for broke and used it on my chin, after a couple of attempts I mastered the technique and all was fine. My main area for work was the upper lip and I was dreading the pain - I think people that say it only hurts a little are probably used to waxing on this area (which I have tried previously but couldn't stand it), anyway I tried a little at time - I'm not going to lie it hurt A LOT especially as you get nearer to the centre (I ended up using an ice cube to help numb the area!) All this being said I do rate this product highly; once you get used to the technique it is a fairly quick process and effective - finally I am hair free (though still not pain free). I'm not sure about re-growth yet and how noticable this will be and so far haven't had any reaction as to previous methods (spots / sores etc). I would recommend doing a patch test first to get used to the technique and check for a reaction. Also the first time I used it my skin was really red and puffy after but this was gone by the morning, so do it at night or when you won't be seeing anyone. The second time using on the rest of the area I used an ice cube (during and) after which prevented the red and puffiness.

In summary: removes hair quickly and effectively. Hurts a lot but the pain is over quickly. Also I believe it is worth persevering if you can't get the hang of it straight away (you may be twisting it in the wrong direction). Also who can argue at less than £2 to be hair free?!

EDIT: ordered another of this product for my Mum and the 2nd one did come with instructions however I would still recommend checking out some videos to actually see it being used.
I would note that dealing with regrowth doesn't hurt as much as the initial hair removal - I guess because the hair is shorter and the hair grows back at a different pace so there is not the same amount to remove.
I recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Anyone who has good coordination - like pianists, 30 Oct. 2014
Mrs Mouse (People's Republic of Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
Those who say this doesn't work or is difficult to use, etc. are not using it correctly; it took me a few goes to get the hang of it, but it DOES work, and is a fraction of the price of some on the market. Anyone who has good coordination - like pianists, guitarists or drummers :) - will find it easy, as you have to twist with both hands at once, and in the same direction, but it just takes a little practice. And you don't need to use a mirror. Fabulous value for money, and would make a great tongue-in-cheek stocking filler for your female friends this Crimbo!