5.0 out of 5 stars The only Gin I would ever drink neat
Published on 3 Nov. 2011 by Dr. G. Nicholls

3.0 out of 5 stars hendricks gin
bought as a thank you gift for a friend, so far so good, By that I mean there as been no feedback. so i assume it was OK.
Published on 28 Feb. 2013 by Mr. J. R. Lally

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The only Gin I would ever drink neat, 3 Nov. 2011
Dr. G. Nicholls "garethnicholls" (nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hendricks Gin 70 cl (Grocery)
Basically, all other Gins pale in comparison. You can drink this Gin neat it is so smooth. I didn't believe it would be but was so surprised. The flavour is complex and unique, and not harsh like the more famous brands. Do not put any lemon in the first time you have it - just tonic water, then experiment with lemon later, as too much can kill the wonderful flavour - a bit like over-salting a good meal. For me, I don't have any lemon with it, just a sugar based tonic(no sweeteners - these can be hard to find, but Sainsburys do one which helps bring through the full flavour of the Gin. The best widely availble Gin ever, no hesitation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best gin ever, 12 Nov. 2013
Only recently was I introduced to Hendricks by a friend. Absolutely gorgeous & IMO far, far better than Bombay Saphire.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent premium brand gin., 8 Jan. 2015
Bearman (Oxfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Hendricks Gin 70 cl (Grocery)
This is a lovely gin full of robust flavours and yet beautifully smooth. So much so that it makes a nice drink neat on the rocks. Previously I have avoided this brand due to the cost, but recently that seems to be coming down, at least at my local supermarket, and I have now bought it a few times. It is not as good as Botanic Gin, but definitely better than Gordons or Beefeaters. I am yet to make a final decision, but I think it is nicer than both Bombay and Tanqueray (I'm not an alcoholic - honest!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Without doubt my new favourite gin, 8 Dec. 2014
Chris M (York) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: Hendricks Gin 70 cl (Grocery)
My progression in gin throughout my life has gone from Gordon’s, to Bombay Sapphire and now I have progressed to Hendricks and I have to say I don’t ever want to go back (although I still do like Bombay Sapphire I must say); I prefer Hendricks to all other gins I have tried.

I like to have the occasional gin and tonic and never drink Gin neat. I received this for my birthday with some Fever Tree tonic water and it’s the best gin and tonic I’ve ever had. The Gin is less harsh than other brands I’ve tried and upon opening it sounds silly to say but it always smells pleasant and fresh and has a great aroma that I haven’t experienced with other gins. A small but nice thing too is the bottle which is so different and looks great on my shelf.

I have wanted to try Hendricks gin for some time now and I wish I had sooner, an excellent gin that I would recommend above all others. Bombay Sapphire is a close second but Hendricks just has a more subtle taste and is slightly less harsh in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hendricks Review, 2 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Hendricks Gin 70 cl (Grocery)
You cannot go wrong with a Hendricks gin and tonic, it is a cut above more well known brands of gin. I recently introduced a friend to Hendricks and they loved it. This is a gin I have no hesitation in recommending.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Premium Brand, 18 July 2013
Brett H "pentangle" (Brighton) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
I went to a seminar on Hendricks Gin at the Brighton Festival last year and learned quite a lot about Hendricks which is a brand I had not come across before. The samples were a bit eye watering and included the 80% proof raw spirit which is an ingredient! Apparently Hendricks is distilled using an amalgam of the traditional London Dry Gin straight distilling method and the infusion method used with botanicals such as Bombay Sapphire. Tanqueray Ten is another premium brand, recently introduced using this method.

The business plan, apparently, was that Hendricks would be a success if 1% of gin drinkers preferred it. However, this is an excellent gin and I would think its fans number a lot higher than that. This is a premium priced brand and the quoted price here is not particularly greedy. I would certainly recommend you try this brand if you have not already done so.

As a final titbit from the seminar, more new brands of gin have been introduced in the last ten years than in the previous century which must be good news for all gin drinkers, me included.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gin O'Clock, 15 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Hendricks Gin 70 cl (Grocery)
Excellent smooth tasting gin. Choose a good tonic water like Fever Tree to go with it. Will be buying again

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best gins out there, 9 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Hendricks Gin 70 cl (Grocery)
One of my favourite gins. Cucumbery, refreshing, perfect for a G&T. However the bottle is a total gimmick, they've only been making gin since 1999.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Gin, 31 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Hendricks Gin 70 cl (Grocery)
Bought as a gift as cheaper than in supermarkets. I hear its one of the best gins around. Delivery was superfast, no complaints.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious, 15 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Hendricks Gin 70 cl (Grocery)
Expensive, but the best! I've progressed to this after trying all (not quite) the others and this is definitely top of the shop.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›