5.0 out of 5 stars The only Gin I would ever drink neat
Published on 3 Nov 2011 by Dr. G. Nicholls

3.0 out of 5 stars hendricks gin
bought as a thank you gift for a friend, so far so good, By that I mean there as been no feedback. so i assume it was OK.
Published 21 months ago by Mr. J. R. Lally

5.0 out of 5 stars The only Gin I would ever drink neat, 3 Nov 2011
Dr. G. Nicholls "garethnicholls" (nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hendricks Gin 70 cl (Grocery)
Basically, all other Gins pale in comparison. You can drink this Gin neat it is so smooth. I didn't believe it would be but was so surprised. The flavour is complex and unique, and not harsh like the more famous brands. Do not put any lemon in the first time you have it - just tonic water, then experiment with lemon later, as too much can kill the wonderful flavour - a bit like over-salting a good meal. For me, I don't have any lemon with it, just a sugar based tonic(no sweeteners - these can be hard to find, but Sainsburys do one which helps bring through the full flavour of the Gin. The best widely availble Gin ever, no hesitation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Premium Brand, 18 July 2013
Brett H "pentangle" (Brighton) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
I went to a seminar on Hendricks Gin at the Brighton Festival last year and learned quite a lot about Hendricks which is a brand I had not come across before. The samples were a bit eye watering and included the 80% proof raw spirit which is an ingredient! Apparently Hendricks is distilled using an amalgam of the traditional London Dry Gin straight distilling method and the infusion method used with botanicals such as Bombay Sapphire. Tanqueray Ten is another premium brand, recently introduced using this method.

The business plan, apparently, was that Hendricks would be a success if 1% of gin drinkers preferred it. However, this is an excellent gin and I would think its fans number a lot higher than that. This is a premium priced brand and the quoted price here is not particularly greedy. I would certainly recommend you try this brand if you have not already done so.

As a final titbit from the seminar, more new brands of gin have been introduced in the last ten years than in the previous century which must be good news for all gin drinkers, me included.

5.0 out of 5 stars Without doubt my new favourite gin, 8 Dec 2014
Chris M (York) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: Hendricks Gin 70 cl (Grocery)
My progression in gin throughout my life has gone from Gordon’s, to Bombay Sapphire and now I have progressed to Hendricks and I have to say I don’t ever want to go back (although I still do like Bombay Sapphire I must say); I prefer Hendricks to all other gins I have tried.

I like to have the occasional gin and tonic and never drink Gin neat. I received this for my birthday with some Fever Tree tonic water and it’s the best gin and tonic I’ve ever had. The Gin is less harsh than other brands I’ve tried and upon opening it sounds silly to say but it always smells pleasant and fresh and has a great aroma that I haven’t experienced with other gins. A small but nice thing too is the bottle which is so different and looks great on my shelf.

I have wanted to try Hendricks gin for some time now and I wish I had sooner, an excellent gin that I would recommend above all others. Bombay Sapphire is a close second but Hendricks just has a more subtle taste and is slightly less harsh in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly good with cucumber in a G&T, 16 Nov 2014
Doug "Doug" (York, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Hendricks Gin 70 cl (Grocery)
This is an amazingly good gin.

I discovered it at a hotel where they were serving it in G&T with cucumber rather than lemon.

The cucumber in some way interacts with botanicals in the gin to turn this into a particularly good, fresh and refreshing G&T.

That would be enough to earn this gin 5 stars, however when you add the delicious flavour when drunk neat and the smoothness of the gin, I really do need an additional star to award, so here it is - *

5.0 out of 5 stars Best gin ever, 12 Nov 2013
Only recently was I introduced to Hendricks by a friend. Absolutely gorgeous & IMO far, far better than Bombay Saphire.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gin O'Clock, 15 Mar 2014
This review is from: Hendricks Gin 70 cl (Grocery)
Excellent smooth tasting gin. Choose a good tonic water like Fever Tree to go with it. Will be buying again

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service and lovely gin, 26 Dec 2010
Ordered three bottles of Hendricks for Christmas gifts. Bottles came within 2 days which was excellent given weather conditions and other deliveries being delayed. For gin lovers this is a smooth drink best served with cucumber and lots of ice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hendricks Review, 2 Feb 2011
This review is from: Hendricks Gin 70 cl (Grocery)
You cannot go wrong with a Hendricks gin and tonic, it is a cut above more well known brands of gin. I recently introduced a friend to Hendricks and they loved it. This is a gin I have no hesitation in recommending.

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best gin this side of £100., 6 Dec 2014
This review is from: Hendricks Gin 70 cl (Grocery)
Probably the best gin this side of £100.

Very much a cucumber gin, and smooth enough to be drunk neat.

4.0 out of 5 stars Arrived in time and really looking forward to trying it ..., 8 Dec 2014
This review is from: Hendricks Gin 70 cl (Grocery)
Arrived in time and really looking forward to trying it. Had a drink in the pub and wanted a bottle myself.

Hendricks Gin 70 cl