5.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase
good for the price thats for sure. powerful enough audio interface for my needs and really well built. Mic works pretty well considering how much money other condenser mics are compared to it. I like the software, i even upgraded to professional from it.
Published on 18 Jun 2012 by Doug

2.0 out of 5 stars Unfortunately not fit for purpose.
I'd like to begin in stating i cannot fault the service, dispatch and delivery on this product. I got it 3 days before the estimated date. So well done with that.

I unpacked the products, again, excellent looking equipment, the mic and headphones were great, and the AudioBox itself looks great, lightweight sturdy.

I did have issues with the...
Published 11 months ago by luke d sibley esq

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase, 18 Jun 2012
This review is from: PreSonus AudioBox Studio Complete Hardware/Software Recording Kit (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 26 Oct 2013
G. Mill (UK) - See all my reviews
This was a present to myself, so I could do some basic home recording... I can't work out the software very well due to it's complexity, but ignoring the software, it is really good quality! I have a simpler music software package and the microphone and Audiobox works like a dream with it

5.0 out of 5 stars Just awesome., 1 Feb 2014
I asked my parents for this for a christmas present after alot of consideration, and excitement.

I'd like to say I'm not professional, I'm a college student who's just getting into making music. Before getting this, I was literally recording with an insanely cheap and terrible microphone straight into my computer sound card, and it was just terrible.

Upon getting this, I immeditely found it very easy to use. The setup is about a 30 minute process to download and install the software, but it's really worth it! Not only is studio one a really good piece of software that I actually prefer to Apple's Logic, but what this Amazon page doesn't tell you is that is actually comes with a "Komplete players" software bundle that includes some software synthesizers and samplers, and it even comes with the free version of Guitar Rig, which I was very impressed with.

As for the hardware:

The headphones really are studio quality, with great clear sound. I use them for my recreational listening as much as my music production. I do find that they get uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time, but that's just because all over-ear headphones are uncomfortable for me.

The microphone is a very clear and sensitive mic, which is exactly what you want with a condenser mic. It's also very solid; I dropped mine about 5 feet from the ground onto a polished wood floor and it works fine (But please don't start dropping it just to test it).

The interface itself is very good, again very solid and well-built, you really feel like you wouldn't be able to break it. The controls feel very nice and are very easy to understand. I also rather admire that, unlike alot of professional mixers where the phantom power will go to all inputs, if you had the XLR microphone in one input and the guitar jack in another, it wouldn't affect the guitar at all, as the phantom power only goes to the XLR parts of each input. And of course, it doesn't just take guitar, it will accept absolutely anything that uses a 1/4" jack or an XLR.

I did find at first that it was difficult setting up the sound I/O to work with the Audiobox, but after alot of searching around and messing things up, I realised it was easy. the most secure way to make sure you're actually making noise, is to simply wait until Studio One is loaded up before plugging the interface in. That's what I've found, anyway.

The software is really good. It has lots of built-in effects for drums, vocals and guitars. It has a very nice layout, and with just a little bit of easy reading with the instruction manual, you learn how to use the program very efficiently, and as I said before, I just feel that it's easier to use than Logic, with almost just as much functionality. This package also comes with some virtual instruments like a really good synthesizer I've been using, or a great Midi sampler.

What's great is that when you register the software, you can have it installed on up to 5 devices at any time, which can be removed and swapped as much as you like if you want to change computers.

I suggest people interested in this check out the Presonus website aswell, as I've since discovered that they're a really good company with alot of potential. The package comes with their logo on a sticker, which i'm very proud to be displaying on my laptop.

I have two negative things to say about this.

The first is that the XLR cable that comes with this kit is cheap, and so I find that no matter how little gain I have on the input, I get a high-frequency hissing, caused by the lack of cable quality. I don't let this get in the way of my impression of the kit however, as i actually have another XLR cable on order, which is very cheap, no more than 20.

The other point would be Presonus' customer service. Their website has a large database of help topics which would usually cover any problems you might face, but for one particular problem I've had with software activation, I submitted a help request which they have not even bothered to look at after an entire week, so I have been left without access to the software for a week, but I do think this is my fault.

Despite these small issues, I'm really impressed with this product. I knew it would be good when I got it, but I underestimated it by far. It exceeded all expectations and I honestly couldn't be happier. As a newly starting writer and recorder, this is perfect, I recommend it any day.

5.0 out of 5 stars presonus bundle, 12 Nov 2013
I am so pleased with my purchase that I am making music non stop. The mic sounds good and the audiobox is first class, got to go need to finish this track. Well recommended.

2.0 out of 5 stars Unfortunately not fit for purpose., 29 Sep 2013

I did have issues with the installation of the driver, as I'm a W8 user i downloaded the newest up to date driver, rather than using the CD provided, this was fine and installed correctly, however when attempting to set the AudioBox as a I/O device in the preferences of my software.... no dice!

With a bit of scouring on the PreSonus website and forums, I come across a thread stating that it has a known error where 8-10% of these devices do not work with computers running an 'i' processor. This seems like quite an issue as a lot of music production computers will use these.

I quickly contacted PreSonus, who put me into contact with their UK distribution office. I explained the issue and they confirmed this was a faulty device. What I did find strange was that an exchange was not offered at all, they instantly told me to contact Amazon to put through for a collection and a refund. I feel this was telling as they could not guarantee a working device for me.

Amazon processed the collection and refund expertly as expected, but I was left soured over the situation. It's a shame as the additional extras (condenser mic/studio cans) were fantastic, but just let down by the incompatibility of the AudioBox.

I have since then ordered a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 recording kit, and couldn't be happier, works fantastically and a good all around out of box experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful value, 16 Feb 2014
Bought this as a Christmas for my singer songwriting Daughter. It is her first venture into more professional sounding music and she is thrilled!
It worked straight away with no problems Currently on Windows XP . She seamlessly shares her music on Soundcloud and the more she experiments the better she gets! Have a listen if you want to hear what this excellent bit of kit can do [...] ! She is an amateur and sings at school talent shows. If she can make professional sounding music with this so can you !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Hardware!!, 11 Mar 2014
While I found the Presonus hardware in this recording kit to be way above the standard that I expected, I did find however, that the Studio One software package is somewhat of a let-down.

Overall, for the price though, I would highly recommend this software recording kit, the audio interface is extremely rugged & well built, as is the condensor microphone & the studio monitor headphones. For anyone setting up their first home studio, perhaps look into using other software as your main "DAW" - But hardware-wise - BUY THIS KIT - YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 28 April 2013
Did what I wanted. Removed computer noise from my recordings. Was going to get interface, mic, headphones etc as separates.
Would have paid almost double if I had, so package worked out cheaper. Good value for money especially if you are just starting out like I am. So far my recordings using system have been good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, 12 Mar 2014
George Jones (Newcastle, England) - See all my reviews
I bought this so me and my brother could record our songs, here is one of them: [...]

We recorded this with the PreSonus box and mic.

4.0 out of 5 stars Teen, 28 Mar 2013
My teenager was thrilled at the quick arrival of this kit. He says it is good enough for first timers to use.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›