on 28 February 2004
Julie Ortolon has done it again! Not only does she provide us with excellent backstories for her characters which make the reader genuinely connect and empathise with them but she does so whilst creating amazing chemistry and comedy in the process. A brilliant end to the Pearl Island Trilogy with the sexy chef Adrian St. Claire paired up with the spunky and independant Captain Jackie Taylor, let me tell you now, sparks certainly fly!! Passions run high as the tragic love story of Jack and Margurite comes to a close and the parallels Julie Ortolon creates between the past and the present are, as always, wonderfully writen.
This is also an excellently researched book for the amount of information conveyed about marine biology and diving is huge and absolutly fascinating.
Julie Ortolon really has ensured a place for herself in the world of romance novels and 'Don't Temp Me' simply confirms her talent, imagination and originality.
On a less serious note, anyone who has made the 'Don't Temp Me Brownies' mentioned in the book (recipe included in the back of book) will, I'm sure want to join me in saying WOWEEE!! They are unbelievable!!
on 25 July 2014
Adrian has been a wonderful brother to his sisters, taking on the role of a mother and father when their parents were killed when they were all very young. He has worked hard and has protected his sisters sacrificing his own hopes and dreams whilst encouraging them to fulfil their own. handsome intelligent and skilled he begins to feel loneliness crashing in around him. In Jackie he sees hope for a future on Pearl island, he just has to convince her of his honest intentions and get her to surrender to love, hope and their future happiness. Can the ghosts of their collective paths be laid to rest , will they sail off into the sunset . They will have to fight for the ultimate treasure a symbol of all that they seek in Margaritte's pearl necklace. Beautifully told story which had me laughing and tearing up. Could not put it down. For the romantics.
on 30 August 2013
Have read three novels in the Pearl Island Trilogy and find they are excellent reading once started I could not put them down.I was transported to the island and felt I was part of the family with all the intrigue and ghostly happenings.Certainly recommend all three books Julie Ortolon is an excellent writer who transports you into the world of her characters.
on 6 November 2013
This is one of a series and it tells effectively the same story from another viewpoint. I has twists unique to the main characters, like the first book in the series and suspense enough to keep interest. Not much of the main characters are given away in the first book, just enough to make you want to read what their story was.
on 25 March 2015
This is the first series from Julie Ortolon and all I can say is that I am totally hooked with both the stories and wonderful characters, which leaves me wanting more. Can't wait to start book 4 and have already purchased a couple more books this time from the Perfect series
on 3 April 2012
Good fun to read, I read all three of these books and enjoyed them immensly. I like the family and the characters (all gorgeous of course) and the stories are like a modern day fairytale with great happy endings. Not taxing to read, so good on holiday or on a journey.
on 25 January 2013
Excellent. I could not put this down. I had never heard of Julie Ortolon until I was given a Kindle as a present and bought her books on line, she is one of my favourite authors now.
on 17 April 2012
I like reading triologies as when I get to the end of books one and two I know there is more to come. This was no exception. I like the thread of a mystery running throughout.
on 8 March 2013
i love the pearl island trilogy I read them all. Its a lovely family story and I love that you have a story on each family member. recommend for an easy chilled read
on 22 August 2013
Really Mills & Booney - if that makes sense, but having said that enjoying this series of books, and will certainly add Julie Ortolon to my favourite authors.