5.0 out of 5 stars No reservations...
They're small, cheap, portable, aesthetically pleasing; and most important of all; they sound amazing! you will not believe the bass you get out of these little guys. Well worth the 18 quid I paid. Not sure if it's worth paying the extra 12 for the max v2.
Published on 4 Oct. 2011 by The Voice of Reason

1.0 out of 5 stars The volume was far too low,
I returned this item because it was not as loud as everyone made it seem. I have friends who have the x-mini 1 and its very loud so I thought this being like 2 speakers in one would be even better. Boy was I wrong! I was very disappointed. I bought them to go on holiday with me but couldn't as they were far too low. At first I thought it was due to them not being fully...
Published on 24 Dec. 2011 by Ladaya

5.0 out of 5 stars No reservations..., 4 Oct. 2011
This review is from: XMI X-mini MAX V1-1 Capsule Speakers for iPhone/iPod/iPad/MP3 Player/Laptop - Black (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bigger and better!, 9 Sept. 2011
Bought the first generation X-mini Max but my daughter has taken them away to college with her. So I needed to purchase a replacement. Was a bit wary of the updated X-Mi X Mini II 2nd Generation single speaker judging from the reviews of poor bass, also didn't really want to spend over £20 for the XMI X-Mini Max 2, so was pleased when I saw these speakers priced between the two.

The sound quality is superb, not tinny at all, in fact the bass response is better than the X-mini Max due the fact these speakers are slightly larger and the volume for bass resonance is much greater. The sound can get very loud but this can be controlled with an inline volume control.

Very happy with the purchase and the speakers concertina down to a slight larger "egg" for ease of carrying.

4.0 out of 5 stars Small but nicely formed, 1 Dec. 2011
These tiny speakers provide a decent amount of stereo sound. Folks don't expect full blown speaker quality, but do expect a pleasant surprise, after all what do you expect from a speaker the size of half an egg?. I have tried the speakers with a multitude of songs and they deal very well with all types of music. Please note that if playing mp3's the quality will vary on the bit rate the tune was saved at. Having said that, I reckon you still get good bang for your buck. You can get these little fellows dancing around if you crank up the bass and generally, I have found very little distortion. The size of these speakers is very smalland when attached together they are about the size of a duck egg. The bad points. The cables contained are not very long and do get annoyingly tangled at times. The blue LED's are ridiculously bright when fully charged and are not relaxing in a darkened room. They dull as an indication the batteries are fading, but really the quality of music and volume are a better clue to this. Overall a nice piece of kit and a good price compared to the newer, larger max v2. Decent stereo sound in a tiny little package, great on the go for folk who just want to enjoy there tunes.

5.0 out of 5 stars small and amazing, 26 Aug. 2011
A. Petrides - See all my reviews
These little speakers are more powerful than they look. They have long battery life and are really really compact. I recommend them! The only thing that is annoying on them is that led light in front because its so bright in a dark room while watching a movie, but a small sticker in front and that's fixed ;p

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value without loss of quality, 28 Sept. 2011
R. Neen "jibberjabba" (Bradford, England) - See all my reviews
A fantastic addition for my Android phone and netbook when you need a little more volume and sound quality.

We bought these to use on the netbook when on holiday for films and music and they do not disappoint you.
They have a very good all round sound quality and when placed on a table or other large surface the bass is very good. The extra volume is much needed if any of you have a netbook you know the speakers a pretty limited when it comes to anything other than general use.

They are still on the first charge after a good 10 hours use so that's a bonus.
The cable is nice and long for ease of use.
They seem well made i'm not worried they should last a good few years.

Overall for the money (i paid £17) they are a bargain that i can't give any less than 5 stars for because after using them i would have paid much more for them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big in sound, small in size, 2 May 2012
J. Morgan "KingsLF" (England) - See all my reviews
I heard the single capsule speaker a good while ago and was blown away with the size of it and the sound you get from them, so to get these, I knew what I was expecting. I use them on my phone when I'm out and about and what a sound you get from them. It was a little dull to start with but thumped out a lot of bass, which is great if that's what you want, but I want clarity, so removed the bass boost option on the phone, and it really opened the sound up. Sure, not as much bass being fed in, but what is going in really comes through well, and when turned up full, these speakers didn't distort once.

A little quieter than I remember, but then you won't be far away from the speakers anyway, so the volume it does go to is more than adequate and by far more superior than it's counterparts. As I bought mine to have something decent to listen on when I'm going out camping, these speakers are superb for the sound quality, portability and build.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Speakers, 23 April 2012
I bought these speakers for using at my desk and for taking while going on long walks. A lot of the reviews made me sceptical about how loud and good quality they are, but they are much better than I expected. The first thing I did when I opened the package was charge them up which took a few hours.

They are very loud and they do seem slightly tinny but that is fixed simply by extending them out giving them a deeper sound. I have only currently played them inside my house and can be heard at the other side of the house even with the doors shut, so I am very excited to use them outside because they are easily loud enough for what I need them for.

They are small, cheap, loud and sound great and I recommend them for anyone who would like speakers they can use around the house or outside.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb little speakers, 17 April 2012
J. coleman (UK) - See all my reviews
I had a small, single speaker for my ipod classic 160 which was not bad but had vry little bass. Bought these speakers on Amazon and was blowen away by the sound. Stacks of bass. Really please l bought them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small but Giant!, 15 April 2012
Marvelous. Great Bass. Very powerful, though its size. Very stylish, practical and the battery lasts many hours. Depending on the volume it will last about six to ten hours.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite good quality for such small speakers., 29 Jan. 2012
Goods:

Done little bit research before buying these. Seems to be a good choice.
My son was astonished by the quality of these tiny speakers. Bass really impressive but not perfect.
In general quite good cool item.

Bads:

1.Switches somehow are old-styles. Switches could be some tiny rubber clickable buttons. But they are't any problem at all. Just they are not cool.
2.Cable between USB and stereo is little bit too short. If laptop has an audio on one side and a USB on another will not work without an extender.