4.0 out of 5 stars Economical way to buy halogen bulbs
I am finding that we seem to be buying an ever increasing range of light fittings that require halogen bulbs.

I used to buy the bulbs from the supermarket in small packs of 4 which worked out fairly pricey for each individual bulb. This pack of 10 bulbs does work out at quite a saving per bulb when compared with the smaller packs.

The bulbs give out...
Published on 12 Feb 2012 by D. Jones

1.0 out of 5 stars Not long life!
Have loads of halogen lamps in the house, and I know how to replace them carefully without compromising bulb life.

Bought these as a cheaper option to the well known brands (Philips, Osram etc) but most of them blew very quickly (<2 months).

Published on 5 Sep 2011 by C. Goodlad

1.0 out of 5 stars Not long life!, 5 Sep 2011
C. Goodlad (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Long Life Lamp Company G9 40 Watt Halogen 240 V 10 Long Life Light Bulbs Capsule Lamp (Pack of 10) (Kitchen & Home)

I wondered if I had bought a duff batch but have since found other reviewers had the same problem. My advice would be to spend the extra on expensive bulbs and fit them carefully.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, but not long lasting!, 15 Aug 2011
DC Gibbons (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Whilst these bulbs appear to offer excellent value for money - being much cheaper than those available on the high street - they are, by no stretch of the imagination, long lasting.

The claimed lifespan of these bulbs is 2,000 hours. However, all of these bulbs have lasted no longer than 20 days.

You may find it cheaper in the long run to purchase slightly more expensive - but likely considerably longer lasting - bulbs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Economical way to buy halogen bulbs, 12 Feb 2012
D. Jones (Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

The bulbs give out an incredible amount of light, firstly considering how small they are and secondly that they are 40w equivalent. The older, redundant style light bulbs at 40w were incredibly dim. I guess it helps that many of our ceiling light fittings require 3-4 bulbs so that does increase the amount of light. However, in the kitchen breakfast area we have one pendant light that takes just one bulb and that is perfectly bright enough to eat, read or just sit and enjoy a coffee with friends.

I did initially find that these bulbs didn't last anywhere near the advertised life span. This was especially noticeable in the light fittings that require 3-4 bulbs as it seemed that one of them was forever running out. However, after chatting to an electrician he advised me to wear latex or rubber gloves when changing the bulb. He said that the grease on your fingers shortens the life span of the bulb. I don't know if this is true or if there is any scientific reasoning behind his advice but I have followed it and the bulbs definitely seem to be lasting longer. In fact, since I have changed them using latex gloves they haven't needed replacing, which is unusual for our light fittings.

So in conclusion, if you use halogen bulbs these are a decent pack to purchase - and give the gloves a try!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very long lasting, 22 April 2012
The bulbs are fine, but don't last very long. When we bought the lights the bulbs in them lasted for 3 years, but these replacement bulbs only last around 2 months, with relatively light usage. Next time we'll spend a bit more!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not long life, 20 Mar 2013
these bulbs are rubbish and are by no means long life i have used all 10 bulbs within 3mths on two light fittings, waste of money

1.0 out of 5 stars Not 'long life' at all, 9 Feb 2014
Barry Sandell (Guildford, England) - See all my reviews
These are cheap but not long-life in any sense. Two out of five in our living room have just blown after just a couple of weeks, even though I was careful not to touch them with bare fingers when fitting.

1.0 out of 5 stars rubbish, 7 Dec 2012
4 out the 10 blew within 2days!!pure rubbish, should of took note of other reviews how bad they were.better paying the extra for them to last.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not blown away, 23 Mar 2013
Two of the bulbs blew after a couple of weeks. waiting to see how the next lot pan out. I made sure That I didn't touch them with bare hands.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so long life, 11 Nov 2011
D A Saunders (Epsom, Surrey United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Bought these bulbs in June (2011) but they have already blown (Nov 11 2011) They were used for less than 20 hours a week. That's far short of the stated 2000 hours expected life for this type of bulb. Now looking to dump the expensive designer ceiling lights and buy something that uses the good old GLS bubs. what a waste of time and money !

2.0 out of 5 stars Long Life my A&S3, 31 Jan 2014
K. Wellman (South Wales) - See all my reviews
Only lasted about a month! If I were you I'd pay a bit extra and get a better quality bulb. Don't waste your money