5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, best external hard drive I've ever used!
Published on 13 April 2011 by Mr. J. A. Manley

1.0 out of 5 stars stopped working after 3 months
I would have given this no stars if possible. It worked fine for three back-ups, then the fourth time I tried to use it, when it was only 3 months old, it just beeped continuously and was not recognised by three different computers. Amazon were very good about telling me how to return it, but really I have a useless bit of trash I can't return because it has my personal...
Published 17 months ago by julia h

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, best external hard drive I've ever used!, 13 April 2011
This review is from: Buffalo MiniStation 320GB USB 2.0 Portable Hard Disk Drive (Personal Computers)
This is a great product from Buffalo, so much so I decided to write my first review of a piece of hardware. In the past I've spent money on cheaper external hard drives and have been dissapointed with everyone due to problems with the connection and quality of the design/build. This hard drive is simple to use and very sleek. It doesn't force you to use some BS software already on the hard drive, it's simple drag and drop. You won't find a better hard drive, this is a 10 out of 10 (and I'm usually very picky about hardware!)

Most definitely recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Buffalo Ministation, 12 May 2011
Brilliant! I ran out of storage on my old 60gb external drive. This plugged straight into my pc laptop USB and worked right away. A nice little blue light comes on to tell you it's happy! I also plugged it into my Apple Mac and again I could read and write data to it immediately as it comes already formatted in FAT32 format. Well worth the money if storage is all you're after.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works out of the box, 6 Jun 2011
Small, sleek, big capacity and value for money. Does what it says on the box, simple to set up. Actually looks good too. This is the second Buffalo product I have, the other one still works flawlessly after 5 yesr.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant bit of kit!, 29 Oct 2011
Bought this Hard Drive for use at home by myself and parents. It works a dream, plugged straight into my computer and ran without faf on both my laptop and desktop computers.

It looks quite neat and snazzy also thanks to the blue lighting, and stylish black mirror finish.

4.0 out of 5 stars buffalo mini 320gb portable hard drive, 6 Oct 2011
Michael Watson (aberdeenshire scotland) - See all my reviews
very pleased with this product, basically it does what it says inthe description. it looks good, takes up little space and it is very easy to use. already loaded all photos and in the process of transferring music collection. 320 gb capacity is more than sufficient for my needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plug in and go, 18 Oct 2011
David R (Dundee, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Great product. Looks good, nice and compact. Plug it in and away you go. Or, you could hang around and start transferring stuff onto it. Whatever you prefer.

(I have a Mac, OS X 10.4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Low Price, Compact Shape, Easy To Use (Drag and Drop), 18 Aug 2011
I wanted something to store my iTunes folder and a few other things on but didn't want to fork out for 1TB or loads of xtra memory. I know I will never need it so why pay the extra for it?

The price is acceptable and reasonable for what you want it to do. Its worth paying for something easy to use and reliable.

The USB cable although quite short was enough to to let me put the drive on top of my computer base.

The drive is quiet small but feels sturdy and looks good. It has a blue light on one edge which does look quiet good but how long can one possibly stare at this? : )

I decided to avoid using any software loaded on the drive and deleted it anyway when I formatted the drive to NTFS. I probably didn't need to format it to NTFS but did anyway.

After this it was just a case of dragging and dropping files - as easy peasy as it should be.

5.0 out of 5 stars easy easy easy, 13 Oct 2011
J. Lee "jambo" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Very happy with this purchase.
Does exactly what I thought it would. Not sure how it compares to it's rivals on the market but it's a USB hard drive that plugs straight into your computer or PS3 and allows easy transfer of data.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine, 17 Aug 2011
My laptop suffered 2 serious incidents within a week. Luckily for me, the data was backed up as part of the recovery from the first incident but the second one was not recoverable from and I lost a week's data.

Decided to buy a small USB harddrive to back up my data on a weekly basis. I did think about buying 2 and rotating them so that I had an extra/recent copy should one of the drives fail but have decided to risk it.

Just opened the packaging and followed the quick setup guide (I'm not one to spend much time following instructions). Decided to leave it as FAT32 format instead of NTFS as I believe that FAT32 is used by more devices. My data backed up in about 40 mins - about 7.5GB of data.

It's a dinky shiny little object - very pleasing

4.0 out of 5 stars Safe extra storage, 30 July 2011
I simply love this product. Pros: Easy to use - just plug and play, good looking and portble. Any cons? perhaps one - can any body tell me why the delete seems to function only when it pleases!

ARRAY(0xb2f31cc0)