on 26 January 2016
I wanted a 'bush' style hat for a trip to Florida wildlife spotting. After looking at numerous options and having previously bought many Craghoppers items i focussed on this. I was slightly concerned about size reading the reiews and had to think about it as sending things back is sometimes a pain if not Amazon fulfilled. In the end I read teh review that said if your head was 22" go for the small/medium, which I did and it was correct. I would normally go for a medium/large in most hats, but with a head of just over 22" this is fine and will probably stretch a bit.
on 21 March 2014
I ordered this from another seller, because it was slightly cheaper, but it's a good hat with a nice wide brim and should keep the midges off me when I'm in the park with the dog this summer. I bought the S/M and it is a loose fit on me, but I'm female and I have a small head. Just in case it gets swept away by the wind, I've bought a "hat keeper" for a few pounds, which I can clip on to it. I wish Craghoppers did women's Nosilife sun hats but they don't so I'll survive with this. It's better than having a face and neck covered with midge bites.
on 16 June 2014
The hat is O.K. but but the sizes are a failure. There are only two sizes and I ordered the larger one. I'm not a dwarf, but the hat was 6 cm (2.5 in.) too big. I had to return it.
on 4 July 2014
Ok, firstly I am giving this hat 4 stars because it is a hat. How can a hat be perfect in every way? Nothing is I suppose.

Anyway, ignore the other reviewers about the sizing, If you are like me and you have a giant dome, or if you have big hair, or a 'fro or perhaps have a head swelling of some sort buy the medium/large size, if you are blessed with a normal sized cranium buy the small/medium sized version. I am sick and tired of buying hats that don't fit, this one is perfect and if it didn't fit I wouldn't soil myself about it and give it a 1 star review.......IT'S A HAT!!
on 4 April 2014
I got this hat for my 65 year old father in law who goes fishing, shooting & walking.
He loves it.
Great buy.
on 16 May 2016
I have bought this hat for the whw in July, and wanted something with full head and neck protection from the sun, after a recent few very hot days up in the lakes.

I wanted full protection and I got it! The brim on this thing seems quite large.
I'm not complaining, it will definitely serve it's purpose.

The sizing is a little large. I got the small /medium, and it is on the upper limit of a hat I will wear.
A little bit of elastic on the inside would have been nice, to to ensure a snug fit.

There's also a reasonably sized velcro unclosed pocket inside to keep essentials or mozzie net. But according to the claims on craghopper nosilife products should barely need a mozzie net.
Time will tell whether a hat can keep the wee beasties at bay. I'll be keep my net inside mine in any case.

Apart from the sizing and lack elastic, the hat is worth its cost and will almost certainly serve it's purpose.

***after wearing this hat for a while I have decided to change my rating from a 4 star to 3 star.
The material is lightweight and fast drying, but the material is so thin if it gets wet it folds like tissue paper and drapes over your head. Also the nosilife material is useless! it does nothing to repel midges. nothing!
Also as the material is lightweight, if you try to use a bug net with this hat, the weight of it will have the hat covering your face.

I wouldn't buy this hat again. given the sizing and the thin material that just folds up under the slightest breeze, or bit of moisture its not really what I'm was looking for.
I didn't buy it for the nosilife material, but beware if you are, you would be better off with a bottle of skin so soft or a midge net.
I can't understand these other reviews. they obviously bought the wrong size.
My head is just under 22.5 " in circumference around the hat band area and I bought the Small/Medium which is a perfect comfortable fit.

Looks good, has a concealed pocket

wicks sweat, and keeps the head cool and sun off the face and head.

Perrrrfect

I wore this during a 3 week trek in the Himalaya and Karakoram.
It is absolutely Brilliant.

It is very light and comfortable, I wore it in the heat of the day, walking up at altitudes of over 10,000 ft so was seating buckets with the sun pounding - this worked superbly, wicked away the sweat, protected my head and face and dried quick.

I wore this on a beach holiday in Turkey this summer too - needless to say it was superb against the Aegean sun.

If you're looking for a versatile, lightweight, well made and smart look hat for holidays, trekking, hiking, chilling etc that will protect you and be quick to dry and easy to clean this is perfect!

Thank you Craghoppers.
on 13 January 2016
I actually bought this hat in a hurry as my son informed me at the 11th hour that he had to dress up as a jungle explorer for school, and I thought I may as well get something that would actually be useful afterwards. Bought the small, this turned out to be a perfect size for me (female) and fitted my son (10 yrs) slightly loosely but still fine.
Its actually a very nice quality hat, very light, good for stuffing in a beach or travel bag, and the brim is wide enough to keep the sun off my neck and out of my eyes without feeling like I have a big 'floppy' hat on. As sunhats go, I think it looks pretty good on me! I shall definitely be using this on the beach in summer with the added bonus that my son will actually wear it too, because its so light.
on 13 October 2014
Good quality hat but sizing not accurate, supposed to be M/L but would fit XL. Seller service very prompt, well packed.
on 25 November 2011
Used this in the summer for a few 20+ mile walks, in baking heat. This hat did the job extremely well, however due to the conditions it did get completely soaked in sweat.

One thing to note - I'm a L/XL fitting and had reservations about the sizing, but it fit really well (esp if theres a bit of wind).