5.0 out of 5 stars Survived Bestival 2011 Quite Well
Published on 3 Oct 2011 by John Burnetski

2.0 out of 5 stars Why would you go away from dome tents?
I've been camping many years with dome tents and I find them so straighfoward and easy to erect. This one has everything the other way around! The poles go in the cover not in the tent and being parallel, the cover doesn't stand up by itself like a dome tent does until you tense the strings. I found it unnecessary confusing and complicated! Although I must say the...
Published 16 months ago by Menxu

5.0 out of 5 stars Survived Bestival 2011 Quite Well, 3 Oct 2011
This review is from: Coleman Coastline 3 Compact 3 Person Tent - Green/Grey (Sports)
Bought this tent in the spring with the intent of using it at Bestival 2011. Bought while still in the US I had it sent to a UK adress It arrived quickly very good ship. The instructions were easy to follow. It was very easy to erect even in a gusty wind. The tent proved to be very waterproof as it was off and on rain throughout the festival. The ground sheet proved to be efficient as no water leeched through keeping my stuff inside dry. The outer porch area although I kept zipped shut the entire time was a great help to keep muddy boots and a leaking cooler away from the sleeping area. The pockets inside were convenient for storing extras like a torch. The true test came Saturday night of the Bestival when a gale forced storm blew in. The tent stayed against the high winds and lashing rains when other's around me became either airborne or collapsed altogether. I awoke to the utter devastation of the cheaper made tents around me, The Coleman Coastline held fast. It was easy to disassemble and carry out.It is easily stowed and will be with me for years to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars download survivor, 1 July 2012
My son took this tent to download festival this year it didn't leak when many did and it didn't float away ,say no more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic medium-sized tent, 2 Sep 2013
As a new solo camper, this has been a fantastic tent for my recent two trips. I can handle putting this up fine on my own, although the instructions are quite vague so practice before you leave home. The only time-consuming part is putting all the tent pegs in and fitting the guide ropes, of which there are many, but this is useful in high wind. Get a rubber mallet, spare pegs (in case you lose/bend some) and a peg lifter.

There are no interior hooks to hang items except for the pockets, but I've found it easy to hang my torch on a hook that is attaching the porch end of the interior lining to the exterior tent. The porch is very useful even in good weather.

The bag is a little small for both the exterior tent, inner lining, rods and pegs, but it does fit in with some practice.

Size-wise, I would say:

1 person - Loads of space for a single airbed and many bags. You will love it.

2 people - With a proper double airbed and a row of bags there will be no room to sit on the tent floor itself, so you'll need to take turns moving around, but it should be fine.

3 people - Room for 1 single airbed, 2 sleeping bags on mats and no bags except for in the porch, which has fairly decent shelter from the elements - there is a cover you can put down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 25 July 2012
This is a superb festival-style tent. Size-wise, it is luxurious for one (without being ridiculous), would be perfect for two, and fine at a squeeze for three. You know some tents where every single design decision is wrong, and others where every single design decision is right? This is the second type! About the only thing I could fault it for is not having a loop to hang a light at the top of the inner. Goes up easily, no problem keeping the inner away from the outer. For me (at least) much, much better than the Gelert tent I bought on Amazon before this one. You'd want something smaller and lighter if you were carrying it with you for serious trekking, but for a bit more comfort, and still a perfectly reasonable size and weight when packed down, this is ideal.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect!, 17 July 2013
Great Value, loads of room for 1 person, cosy for 2, maybe ok for 3 if it was for 1 night! Double skin made it very comfortable and kept the dew at bay during the night. Pitched it in less than 15 mins on my own (am a girl!) 5 days in Glastonbury and had ample space for myself and all my stuff! Will be bringing it again next year! Only disappointment is that there is no loop to hang a light inside! V surprised as even budget tents I have previously owned had this feature! In any case, would highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tent, perfect for quick assembly and a dry experience!, 3 Aug 2014
As ever with tents, the size recommendation is way off. You won't fit three people along with rucksacks and equipment in this. I bought it as a one-man temporary home for the Glastonbury Festival and it was just about perfect. It survived huge downpours with ease and dries out easily as well. Like any tent with this material, it's like a sauna within seconds in the heat, but some space blankets see to that. The porch is a good design and sizeable. It comes with velcro to fix the material over the zip, adding crucial seconds to a potential theft and making it more likely the thief would enter a more accessible tent. Once you've got the basics (outer sheet first, fix the corners, slide in the poles, stretch the corners, hang the inner, pull outer with ropes) it's easy to put up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product., 8 Aug 2014
I previously used a very cheap, smaller, pop-up tent which was boderline acceptable and this is a great improvement. There is an outer sheet which is what you see in the picture, plus an inner tent complete with sewn-in groundsheet. The inner attaches to the outer with elasticated plastic hooks which leaves a gap between it and the outer. This ensures that weather is kept away from the inner living area and I found it works extremely well, bone dry in the morning. I am using this tent for just myself and I have lots of space for sleeping (can stretch out my 6 foot body) with lots of space left for my kit, more than enough. It takes a little more time to erect, mainly pegging down all of the guy ropes, but well worth it for the benefits of rigidity and weather proof qualities. I took the advice of others and left the inner tent in place when I dismantled the tent for the first time. When re-erecting it was a little quicker but I found some of the plastic hooks had come adrift from the loops which they attach too, so had to spend a little time refitting and checking. In retrospect, it probably didnt save time, as re-attaching and checking each hook took as long as fitting from scratch. I think leaving the inner attached is something you need to try for yourself and make up your own mind. I did manage to roll the whole tent up with inner attached and replace in the carry bag without a problem. I am very pleased with the tent and the price paid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still thinking about what tent? Buy this one., 21 May 2014
We're non-campers but friends invited us so we thought what the hell. Two weeks of surfing and reviews and I got "tent-blindness". Saw this one early on, and I'm so glad we bought it. Sleeps one large man indulgently, two full grown adults + gear comfortably. Not tried 3, but two adults and a skinny teenager would probably be ok too. Front "porch" is added bonus.

Next trip all we need is a blow up bed, and I'll be a "glamper" for life!

Quality - excellent
Delivery - fast
Great shape - pretty cool for a tent
Easy to put with two - managable with one. Take the advise of an earlier reviewer and set it up before you go and pre-attached the ground sheet. Goes up in minutes on site after that.

All in all, even better than expected.

4.0 out of 5 stars Coleman Coastline 3 Compact 3 Person Tent, 24 May 2014
Easy to put up on my own.
Waterproof after a few very windy and heavy downpours.
Ventilation is good, with no condensation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Coleman Coastline 3 compact tent, 10 Oct 2012
Steve Walker (Northants. UK) - See all my reviews
I wanted a tent to take to a motorcycle rally. It had to be small enough packed up to get on my bike but also not tool small when erected to be cramped. I went for this tent as it had good reviews on Amazon and also looked like it fitted my requirements too. As it was my first rally I didn't want to spend too much either.
When the tent arrived, it was erected in the garden and found to be really easy to put up and pack away. I used the tent on the rally and found it to be both warm and well ventilated. The size is right for one person. It could be a bit cramped with two people unless you had somewhere to store your kit. The only way you'd sleep three would be if they were hobbit sized.
I used the tent again for a second rally last weekend and after constant rain for 13 hours am very happy to say that I was warm and dry with no leaks to report. It was even easy to pack up in the dark when the site was evacuated at midnight the next night.