5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely Loving Not Smoking!
Published on 13 Jun 2011 by Natalie B

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good
I suppose this might work if you smoke all over the house. I don't. Its one room. That's one of the nuggets of advice, reduce your smoking place. I came to that point and ditched the book.
Published 5 months ago by Alexander

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely Loving Not Smoking!, 13 Jun 2011
I actually heard about Love Not Smoking from Karen Pine herself and my instant thought was - yeh another smoking book as years ago I read the Alan Carr book, somewhat reluctantly. Although it made me quit for 6 months, my nicotine friends returned. I also tried hypnosis but that didn't last. I walked away from meeting Karen having bought cigarettes that day thinking I'll stop one day.. I might read it eventually. Then several weeks later decided enough was enough, I was ready to see if I could Love Not Smoking. That was just over 6 weeks ago and whilst I know it's still early days I am truly amazed by how the book has changed my mindset. This time I truly believe a)I can do this for good b)I'm not missing out on anything. Love Not Smoking talks you though Doing Something Different and breaking patterns associated with smoking. In the last 6 weeks I have been abroad twice, and managed to curb the habit despite fearing being away and not being able to smoke on the beach, or enjoy buying foreign fags.. I've had a best friends wedding and a hen night - again, I survived. Yes I was tempted and during the early stages had the odd puff, but found it disgusting.

I've been challenging myself in many ways since reading the book and will continue to do so. I'm telling my friends about its success and whole heartedly recommend this to you, as a friendly and supportive guide to ending what is such a hard habit to break. For me it's been one of the longest 'bad' relationships I have had. When I realised I'd spent almost half of my life smoking, I knew enough was enough. The friends I've seen and have told I've stopped smoking have been genuinely surprised. Whilst I've never been a heavy smoker, I've always smoked. Since i was 15.

Now I'm enjoying the smugness of knowing that this is a new start - I like to exercise anyway, but I'm pushing myself harder, there's no excuses. I'm also sorting out other areas of my every day life due to the thought processes in the book. A truly life changing read. What are you waiting for!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good, 24 Jun 2014