Size: Pack of 6|Style Name: Line Width - Assorted|Change

on 1 September 2011
A good set of technical pens (0.1, 0.3, 0.5, 0.7) for draughting work (or if you just like a good flowing nib), my background is architectural draughting, & this is a good range to work with if you'd rather avoid cleaning up Rapidographs or Isographs. They come in a solid little plastic wallet that's handy, if like me you've a nasty habit of mislaying pens as you work.
In all, a good set of standard widths well suited to any form of draughting / technical linework.
on 19 March 2013
Although this is only my first week of using them - right from when I first scribbled on a piece of paper to test them I knew I instantly liked them. I personally use the pens for line art and zentangle-style drawings, I've been using Zig Millenium pens for quite a few months and I'm not sure if its just the pens I bought or all of them but I found they ran out quickly - and weren't very even lines. Whilst I can't judge on how long the staedtler fineliners will last they're lovely and inky (yet dry quick enough as long as you don't touch it a second after you've drawn it won't smudge), producing nice even lines. I find the 0.7 useful for outlining my work and using the 0.1 and the 0.3 for details. (Also comes with 0.5 but I haven't really used it yet). Based on the great first impressions I have - I'd definitely recommend these.
on 20 February 2011
Excellent quality and precision of fineness. I use these pens for pen drawings and they are the best I have found. It's great to have 4 different sizes in this pack as to buy them individually would cost twice as much. So all in all good quality for a good price.
These pens are precise and make a good, smudge free line: they seem to dry on the paper very quickly, so you don't have to wait before drawing the next line, which is good if you are copying onto tracing paper. The 0.05 pen is the least good of the set, not because it doesn't work, but because it seems to clog or pick up surface matter and I found myself having to clean the end fairly regularly. Another reviewer states that these are good pens on tracing paper and they are good, for all of the reasons mentioned above, but I found that they are prone to slide over the surface sometimes and not always leave a consistent line, especially over long distances. This is something that Rotring pens don't do, but they lay a lot of ink down, which means you have to wait for lines to dry. Okay, so nothing is perfect; the price for this set includes 2 free pens, making them good value for money and 0.1 upwards work well, 0.05 less so. Overall, good value and a good technical drawing tool without being perfect.
on 28 June 2013
They're waterproof, so you can sketch & if you choose to water colour after, the ink won't smudge.

The quality of the tips is also great, the 0.3 is my favourite for sketching.
Great quality product.

I also use them for writing in my Moleskine Notebook & feels lovely to write with.
on 1 May 2011
I brought these pens primarily for drawing, but I find myself using them for writing as well. I haven't had any problems with them.
A very good product at a great price.
on 28 April 2013
I bough these pens for art. I thought the variety of different size pens are good. One downside is that one of the pens keeps stops working when using which is a downside but overall they're good.
on 13 January 2013
These pens are so much nicer than the Pigma micron pens I had bought because people were raving about them, I'm never without one of these
on 2 March 2014
i'm fed up of the price of the recommended zentangle (pigma micron) pens especially as they stop working well so quickly. I find the pm pens get scratchy and then lift the paper. they also take ages for delivery, and then, and as I said, there's the price. so I bought these in the hope of them being a cheaper (much cheaper) alternative. delivery is also faster, they are finer than the pm pens which is fantastic as it makes pattern making easier, they are smoother too, but sadly they aren't an equal in colour - they just aren't black enough. unfortunately when zentangling I don't find this is a compromise that can be made. such a disappointment. so my search continues for a zentangling pen that delivers the full package at a more reasonable price. it's just not feasible to wait 6 weeks for an expensive pen that is useless before another 6 weeks is up.
on 15 January 2011
I always like to have permanent fineliners about for everything from drawing to addressing envelopes. This set covers everything, 0.1 and 0.3 fine for drawing, 0.5 and 0.7 for handwriting. They are waterproof on paper, lightfast and indelible. Apparently the cap can be left off for 18 hours and they won't dry out but haven't tested that!

I thought that they wouldn't stay in the case for long and drift about the house as pens usually do but no, they are still all in the case, it seems to encourage you to have somewhere to put them back even though I have numerous pen pots somehow the vacant space glares at you and searching for the case is easier than searching for a lone pen not in it's pot. The top folds up and back and makes a stand so that they sit in front of you ready for use.

The quality is good and they are lasting well. The price on Amazon is also good. Sometimes hard to find in the shops, one that I will keep ordering. Thanks.