on 2 April 2015
I originally purchased this Gillette Series Ice Cool Shaving Balm from a supermarket when it was on “Special offer” and I have not seen it again for the same or very similar price since; hence being a tight ol sod, I have resisted purchasing another. But when I spotted this on Amazon for £3 (at time of purchase), I thought why not.
It is a smooth cream which gives an immediate gentle and cooling sensation to your shaven skin and eases irritation. It is slightly scented, but not overpowering. Not leaving you smelling like you have just exited a French Madame’s boudoir…as my rather charming Dad always comments.
Would I purchase again? Yes
Value for Money? Yes.
on 15 April 2015
Ow, ow ow ow!...Reasonably thin liquid, absorbs quickly. An icey effect certainly occurs, with what one might call a zing. Ow. Ow. But I shall be returning to sensitive balms. As the alcohol in this ow ow, or some secret ingredient, stings me like no other. I have tried quite a few, this was a reasonable price for fluid. Ok, if you have less sensitive skin. Ow.
on 2 January 2015
Really good aftershave balm - it does not seem the most exciting purchase but I was impressed and have failed to find it in supermarkets. It is not too oily/greasy, goes on well and has a pleasant fairly faint smell. Overall well recommended.
on 18 January 2016
you do get an intense hit from the mint once applying it after your shave but once warn off your face is left feeling really good. I would buy it again but at the add on price, I dont think I would want to pay the full price as arko's ice mint is similar and cheaper.
on 28 December 2014
Great, partner is very pleased with this it has a great smell as well, not sickly sweet. Went to buy it again and it has doubled in price. So will be going to town to purchase it. Why are firms so greedy.
on 2 January 2016
I feel so macho with my designer stubble. So macho! I'm so big and strong, just like in Sinnita's song. So macho. And it's all thanks to this lovely gel.
on 23 April 2015
Excellent product! Hydrates the skin and gives a nice cool feeling after a shave, instantly stops any skin irritation (if any).
on 6 December 2014
The first time I've used balm and for us older guys this is a good product, but wish they offered a large size
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 June 2015
I don't understand this product. The idea of "intense cooling" sounds great at first, but when you realise that it's because it has more menthol in it than a fisherman's friend, you realise that what it actually feels like is burning and irritating on your skin, especially after a really close shave. It's the exact opposite of how a balm should feel. It has alcohol in it too which doesn't help. Smell, while obviously subjective, to me is totally horrid - it smells harsh and chemical like a cheap cologne. Worse, its 'hydrating' properties are bunk too - partly because of the alcohol but also because it's super thin and just feels 'wet' on your face and doesn't form a nice oil barrier like a cream should.

You might say well it's cheap, but I wouldn't put this on my face if you paid me the £3 to do it.

Look through the ingredients list further up the page too, it reads like an exercise in chemical engineering.

Get bulldog balm instead.
on 4 April 2016
I totally enjoy the use of this product as the former irritation felt after shaving seem to have abated.