on 12 February 2013
This is perfect. Our little one has had to spend time in hospital and this is one of the main toys we would always take with us. Just like when we stay with her Nanna for weekends. The main reason is that it's one of the only toys she actually plays with...(as she seems to prefer heuristic play), and the big yellow buttons especially are really easy to press. It's very simple, our child has been playing with this since she was 6 months old. It really holds her attention. The screen is slightly hypnotic almost like looking at a fruit machine. The colours are bright but not harsh and the glow is really pretty in the evening. We thought at first that it was broken because it was so quiet but actually it's the perfect volume for the little one holding it or taking it up to their ear. It's our fave noisy toy because it's loud enough for her but quiet enough for everybody else. When she's sick, this is often the one toy that will take her mind off things....It has a very soothing effect on her, not at all like other noisier toys which she avoids unless she's feeling really active. The songs are lovely. Very catchy, and it only does something when she presses a button. I hate those toys that keep going off after she's walked away from them. Or go off just as she's about to press something. It's simple and predictable and great for learning cause and effect and developing imagination and understanding about the world. It's an opportunity for her to copy the actions of adults. I'm not sure that children should be allowed to play with real phones because I'm still not totally convinced that there's no possible radio wave/radiation danger to little ones. So this as a substitute is perfect. Last week, she was sick all over the back of it and i had to clean it and after that it only buzzed for several hours while it dried out on the radiator. Now it's fine again. Nearly 8 months on after a lot of use, it's batteries are still going strong, and it's been dropped more times than i could count even from adult height onto hard floors and apart from a few scratches, it's as good as new. It's chunky (not TOO chunky), sturdy, well built, hard wearing. Brilliant design, which i think is rare these days. I would definitely recommend these.

And I think £7.99 is a great price by the way. We paid £10 for ours and now I actually think they could charge even more and it would still be good value (although I obviously hope they don't). I try to buy quality items and also get value for money. At last a fair price for a great toy. :)
on 1 September 2012
Bought my daughter this as she loves phones. Turns out that she can tell the difference. She likes it and plays with it but she can't be tricked!
on 28 May 2013
The phone is good,my one year old loves it.to everyone moaning about the volume of the sounds,its a phone so kids may learn to put it to their ear,you wouldn't want them deafened by it,its done for safety reasons
on 20 November 2012
Bought this for my grandson, and tho its good for him to get in his chubby little hands the sound and lights dont keep his attention . Very low on vol and brightness .
on 5 March 2013
This toy looks fairly robust and seems well made. Each button plays a different song (alphabet song, a number song, colours, etc). It's very chunky - I knew this already, having read the other reviews - but i do wish it were a bit slimmer to be honest. Bbut my son seems happy enough with it, although as another reviewer mentioned he can't quite get his mouth round it as he'd like.

I bought it because my son is obsessed with our mobiles, none of which are working properly any more thanks to all the drool...
I don't think my son sees this as a mobile phone, but as a general toy it does distract him and he does enjoy it(I mostly give it to him in the car to play with). I think the volume is perfect, especially given that if they're using it as a mobile phone they'll probably have it right up to their ear anyway, so I personally wouldn't have wanted it any louder than it already is.
on 16 September 2012
Bought for baby and toddler. All kids played with it quite a bit initially, but lost interest after a few days. Doesn't do much, and so not many options for choice in play. Each button doesn't really press down individually, but rather sort of pushes the whole face down. You have to press carefully to select the different buttons for this reason. Just ok...another Fisher Price let down, unfortunately...they are just not making their toys like they used to...
on 17 June 2012
I bought this for my 7mth old as he tries to pinch my phone and wanted something for him that was similar. Its a great toy, hes facsinated with the colours but will be a fair while before hes understanding the tunes and words. It is quiet but thats good, loud enough for him but i cant hear it normally. its quite bulky and not as easy to play with as i hoped but still a good buy and as he gets older the better it will suit.
on 24 February 2013
I bought this smart phone to keep my baby from going after the other phones in the house. But I can say that first of all , the phone did not seem new as it had a brown stain on the back despite me buying a brand new one. So I just feel it has been in stock for quite a long time. Secondly, if you are looking for a phone replacement for your kid, it might not be the best option because even a 17-month old baby realizes its not a phone by trying to press the buttons and the fact that it is much bigger than a normal phone. I expected something that looked more similar to a normal phone and individual buttons to press.
on 16 June 2013
I bought this after my son kept grabbing my phone. Of course I did not expect he would stop trying to grab my phone if I bought him this but he has not shown a huge amount of interest in this toy yet. He is only 6 months so maybe he will 'grow into it'. It looks like a toy (understandably) and not a mobile phone and for this reason it does not quite fill the gap of massive interest he shows in my phone! Anyway we will see in time. To be fair he may not yet have the skills to work the various buttons and understand the different responses of the buttons. I'll update my review in time if his response to it changes.
on 29 August 2013
My son picked this up at the supermarket, and to avoid a scene (going through the terriblet wos at the time) we bought it for him as it was pretty cheap. He loved it, even though I would say its for a younger child. He still loves the cheerful songs on it and has memorised his ABC thanks to this toy.

Now his younger sibling (11 months) plays with it, in fact it is the only toy he actually plays with. He loves carrying it around with him as he potters about. I prefer it to many of the other musical toys as it isnt loud, so kids can have the music playing but it doesnt grate like the others.

See one answered question