Colour: Red|Change

on 3 March 2014
I have just received one of these as a birthday present. The mug was very badly damaged out of the box.... The glaze was cracked and in a large area missing all together. Obviously not been checked. Not impressed at all. My advice is to avoid.

Update..... my Mother tried to claim her money back as the item was broken....the seller refused as they claimed that it must have broken in transit! If thi was the case:
a)There would have been broken pieces in the box. There wasn't.
b) They are then admitting that there packgaing and protection was poor.

She did get a refund in the end....£1.49.

This is the first time anything like this has happened to me/us from any seller on Amazon. Their attitude was disgusting and their customer service non-existent. You have been warned.....
Stupid me, I thought it was a bargain 4 mugs for under 7GBP. That'll teach me to blindly order. You only get one mug - my bad.

Still the price was OK for the mug and the camper van owner receiving it loved it. Great gift idea for a VW camper van owner.
on 1 April 2011
I ordered this for my partners birthday as she would love a VW camper van, unfortunately I can't afford a real one on my pay (we all say that lol).
The mug itself is fairly good quality, my only complaint is the fact it has the CND symbol on the front in place of the VW badge. It's a good job my other half is a bit of a hippy or it would have been winging it's way back to the supplier. The picture looks like a VW symbol so that is what I would expect, picky I may be but I do expect the picture to show the actual product. Apart from my gripe, she was delighted when she opened it so still worth the money (except the doubling of the price for express delivery, a bit on the steep side).
on 27 June 2010
It was a different colour to what I ordered! But as it was too near to Christmas and it was a present for someone I did not have time to change for the slected colour
on 27 September 2014
I bought this mug as a gift. It came really quickly and I was really pleased with the quality of it. I received the orange one which my friend really liked. My only slight issue with them is it would have been nice to have been able to choose which colour I wanted as it was just pot luck on the colour that you get.
on 2 January 2014
I ordered this as a Christmas present and after reading the reviews I thought this sounds great. However, when the mug arrived it was not well packaged and was just in a cardboard box with no protection. The mug was chipped in several places and had parts broken off such as the wheels. I can only assume this was due to lack of packaging and the way it had been handled during delivery. This was meant to be a Christmas gift however I was unable to give this due to the poor condition it arrived in.
on 4 November 2015
The packaging of these mugs was very thorough as they arrived undamaged despite the degree of fragility. The delivery was also professional as the product was despatched and arrived on time.
The product quality is a little below what I would expect as they are quite fragile compared to a normal coffee mug. Also, I did not spot any labelling to state that the mugs are not dishwasher safe. This is disappointing as after a few cycles in the dishwasher, the inside of all the mugs is crazed and cracked.
On top of this, whilst there were no obvious defects in the manufacture, the mugs are quite fragile and two have already broken in normal use. Therefore, I would recommend these as a fun decorative idea to sit on a shelf but not as usable coffee mugs.
on 15 January 2014
the mugs were good quality and arrived promptly. As I bought two mugs I would have liked two different coloured ones but the option for that was not available
on 2 February 2010
got this for my boss as a secret santa present and he loves it, but then he does own a red spilt screen camper van
on 29 August 2012
Bought this as a present.

Reading through earlier reviews I was worried about the mug not featuring the VW sign and as it turned out, it didn't. Such a shame as I gave it to a real VW camper van lover.

It is very cute though and was still much appreciated.

Lots of little cracks, which had me worried when hot liquid was poured in for the first time. But it did stay in one piece after all.