on 28 August 2012
This item does the job it's intended to do but is not as unobtrusive as expected. The ridge that seats on the top of the putter is shaped and not flexible so unless your putter handle has the same shape it will not seat well. If it had a flexible shoulder to slip over the putter handle it would get more star rating but alas no. The screw fixings that hold it in place have to be screwed through your putter grip, no problem if the device remains in place but due to the first issue (not seating) if you drop your putter into your bag as 99.9% of golfers do it will loosen in time rendering it useless and in need of replacement. To fit another successfully you will need a new putter grip! All in all a good idea but needs some refining please.
on 21 April 2014
I have purchased several types of this kind of golf ball pick up device for golfing friends. Unfortunately, I kept and used the "most expensive" one for myself. After only 8 months, the spring has broken and it doesn't function properly. Other cheaper similar devices are guaranteed for 5 years!
on 19 February 2012
A clever golf aid,much better than the suction cup i was useing.Looks neat on putter and the only fault is that the slightest touch can open it.
on 5 January 2012
Very neat-very compact and unobstrusive.A good buy and backsaver.Throughly reccommended for golfers with back problems and
stiffness in the legs.
on 8 August 2013
This is my third purchase of this item ..... Yes 3 putters .... I'll get one of them to work yet ....! Ensure you fit it properly to get the spring to work correctly .... Certainly saves strain on the back .... Certainly @ my age....!
on 18 August 2013
This was easy to fit, fitted my putter well and works well to get golf balls from the hole without bending over too far after a hip injury.Only snag is that I sometimes flip it open by mistake when carrying the putter on the green.
on 1 February 2015
What a simple but brilliant idea. Every other ball pick up accessory I have sen sits on the end of your putter handle making it impossible to fit in your bag if you have individual club tubes. This thing screws on to the end of your putter grip and is no bigger than the top of the grip. So it fits in your bag as normal. It opens with a simple touch on it and works perfectly. Saves all the bending etc. getting your gal out of the cup but also if it goes in water of a ditch you can also get it out easily. Since I got mine most of the 12 guys I play with have got one and I have even got one as a spare - just in case.
It's a must have and unlike so many golf "gadgets" this one does exactly what it says on the tin.
on 27 October 2013
Does not hold ball properly, device too weak and very difficult to fit to the putter . Unfortunately will leave holes in putter grip when removed.
on 5 May 2014
With postage to Australia still cheaper than in Aust,good quality,should last for a few rounds of golf stainless steel screws good idea.
on 2 September 2012
The pick up works very well it was very easy to fit and looks muck better than its predecessor (a rubber cup). My one reservation is that it has a tendency to open when being taken out of the bag. I think that if I had a more modern bag with a tube for the putter this would not happen. I was worried at first that it would break because of this tendency to open, but I have played several rounds now and it is still working fine.

See one answered question