5.0 out of 5 stars Edge-of-your-seat
Spooks is back on top form in series 7. Richard Armitage takes a great part as Lucas North, the spy returned from years in a Russian prison. Once again, you are kept guessing as to who can be trusted, and nothing is ever quite what it seems.
Published on 17 Dec 2008 by Lee Bert

1.0 out of 5 stars low grade extras ruin the show
Ros, Lucas and Harry do a splendid job saving the world, as always in these series. It is a pleasure to watch them. But something has gone terribly wrong with these series. All Russians, FSB agents and their teams are played by some very low grade extras, who cannot speak either Russian or English with authentic accent. The head of FSB operations in London, Victor is...
Published on 6 May 2011 by badger

5.0 out of 5 stars Edge-of-your-seat, 17 Dec 2008
This review is from: Spooks - Series 7 [DVD] (DVD)
Fans of previous series will realise that just because you're one of the leads in Spooks, it doesn't mean you're safe. This adds to the tension as you're never quite sure who will live and who will die.
With storylines ranging from nuclear attacks on London to the financial collapse of major banks, Spooks is action-packed and tense, but never so implausible as to spoil the story.
Definitely recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spooks, 30 May 2009
Michael J. Bouchier (Croydon, Surrey. UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spooks - Series 7 [DVD] (DVD)
I do not understand how I missed the first seven parts of this spy thriller series. I came across it almost accidentally in the middle of series seven. It is quite simply the best of its genre ever done on British television. The pace of each episode is breathtaking; there is no padding out of scenes whatsoever. The acting, production, direction and camera work are all superb. The fact that i went out and bought 3 of the previous series speaks, I think,for itself.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Just Got Better!!!!!, 25 Jan 2009
N. Packer "ndp" (Wolverhampton, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spooks - Series 7 [DVD] (DVD)
I've been an avid watcher of spooks since its arrival on our screens and without a doubt it is one of the best programs on the BBC. Like series 6, series 7 follows the path of one major plotline (series 6 was with Iran, 7 is with Russia)and every single episode is a nail-biting ride of action, suspense and even the odd betrayal. There is not a weak character in the entire cast and the arrival of Richard Armitage playing the role of Lucas North, is no exception to this. Also the idea that they use sub-plots that are relevant to today's political climate (the financial crisis being the obvious example), also adds to the brilliance of the show.
Fantastic series and i am looking forward to the next with great anticipation. Keep up the good work.

5.0 out of 5 stars The tension and the shocks continue, 16 Nov 2009
V. Kaura (Northampton, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spooks - Series 7 [DVD] (DVD)
I missed the fist 7 series of Spooks on TV, I'd never watched it but heard all the hype. When someone I trust told me it was the best thing on TV I bought the first series on DVD to have a look for myself. I then bought up the rest before I'd finished watching the first series - the infamous deep fat fryer incident had me hooked! I watched the first six series back to back and was at a loss when I had to wait months for series 7 to be released. I got it on pre order and devoured it as soon as it arrived. I wasn't disappointed.

The tension, shocks and moments to make you gasp in disbelief continue in this series. From the shocking events of the first episode to the unforgettable garroting that takes place towards the end, this series keeps you on the edge of your seat. Shady Russians are out in force and Harry can't be sure his team are all on the right side. Who can he trust, who can he rely on?

I thoroughly enjoyed series 7, which is essential viewing to set the scene for series 8, currently showing on BBC1. And the good news is that after around series 3 they stopped making it difficult to view the DVD, all you do now is select "play" - great stuff!

4.0 out of 5 stars The Best Series So Far, 10 Nov 2009
Timothy N. Robinson "Timbo" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spooks - Series 7 [DVD] (DVD)
The show just gets better and better. Both the stories and people are much darker this time round with considerable character development. There is also an ongoing story arc which gradually builds up to a shocking, poignant and totally unpredictable climax - showing you truly don't know whom you can trust.

5.0 out of 5 stars Intelligent T.V. drama, 30 July 2010
This review is from: Spooks - Series 7 [DVD] (DVD)
The series is very well done with superb acting by Peter Firth and Richard Armitage. The story line is current and it's very believable spy intrigue. I have been renting past series to catch up on the history of spooks and season 7 is by far the best in the series. Richard Armitage adds an exciting element that was missing from the previous seasons and he fits in well with the rest of the cast. Nothing on American T. V. compares with it, not even 24 is as well done as Spooks. I can't wait for season 8 to be released to DVD so I can continue watching the series as it is not broadcasted on television in California. I give it two thumbs up, and if you like this genre, it is a must see.

5.0 out of 5 stars British TV at it's very best, 29 July 2009
K. Gordon "Gadget Freak" (South Coast of the United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spooks - Series 7 [DVD] (DVD)
I only started watching Spooks with this, series 7. I was gripped from the start. It says something about how good the series is that even though I didn't know anything about any of the characters, or all the past history of the series, I was left at the end of each week on the edge of my sofa, wanting more, and in disbelief that an hour had gone past in what felt like a matter of minutes.

At the end of this amazing series, I bought the series 1 boxset, and have been working my way through them all, and a few moments ago I just finished the last episode of series 6. I'm gutted that series 7 isnt out yet!

For long time fans series 7 is worth watching again (I will be), and even if you are like me and haven't seen even a single episode of Spooks before, the storyline is so amazing, it's so well acted, the pace is so good, the music just brilliant, that you will love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and Furious., 10 Mar 2012
This review is from: Spooks - BBC Series 7 (New Packaging) [DVD] (DVD)
Thoroughly enjoyed series 7..... its fast and furious... the acting is brilliant from every single person, plus you have brilliant eye candy, both for the boys and girls who watch this..... The story lines are gripping. Well worth watching, even if you saw the series on TV......

5.0 out of 5 stars Spooks series 7, 28 Oct 2011
This review is from: Spooks - BBC Series 7 (New Packaging) [DVD] (DVD)
I absolutely loved it! It was almost too exciting for someone of my years (67). It had me bouncing up and down on the edge of my seat like a 10 year old. My recommendation - buy it now!

5.0 out of 5 stars SPOOKS 7, 9 Feb 2011
This review is from: Spooks - Series 7 [DVD] (DVD)
My first viewing of spooks was series 9 which was on last year. I was truly hooked so have now aquired every season and started to watch it from the beginning. It is one of the best progs i have ever watched. Each season covers relevant issues, but with an ongoing background storyline. Each season ends in a cliffhanger and leaves you pining for more. Nearly finished season 8 then gonna watch 9 again. Oh no then i'll have to wait till Oct for series 10 ( gonna have withdrawls!!!)

Spooks - BBC Series 7 (New Packaging) [DVD]
Spooks - BBC Series 7 (New Packaging) [DVD] by Richard Armitage (DVD - 2011)