Format: DVD|Change

on 30 May 2009
I do not understand how I missed the first seven parts of this spy thriller series. I came across it almost accidentally in the middle of series seven. It is quite simply the best of its genre ever done on British television. The pace of each episode is breathtaking; there is no padding out of scenes whatsoever. The acting, production, direction and camera work are all superb. The fact that i went out and bought 3 of the previous series speaks, I think,for itself.
33 comments|31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 December 2008
Spooks is back on top form in series 7. Richard Armitage takes a great part as Lucas North, the spy returned from years in a Russian prison. Once again, you are kept guessing as to who can be trusted, and nothing is ever quite what it seems.
Fans of previous series will realise that just because you're one of the leads in Spooks, it doesn't mean you're safe. This adds to the tension as you're never quite sure who will live and who will die.
With storylines ranging from nuclear attacks on London to the financial collapse of major banks, Spooks is action-packed and tense, but never so implausible as to spoil the story.
Definitely recommended.
on 14 February 2015
Excellent T.V. compulsive watching. SHAME ON AMAZON FOR CUTTING ALMOST 10 MINUTES FROM EVERY EPISODE. ABSOLUTELY APPALLING. I wonder if those who buy the downloads get the original episodes or the poorly edited ones. I thought when I paid for my prime membership that I would be getting complete episodes of the programmes I was watching.
on 25 January 2009
I've been an avid watcher of spooks since its arrival on our screens and without a doubt it is one of the best programs on the BBC. Like series 6, series 7 follows the path of one major plotline (series 6 was with Iran, 7 is with Russia)and every single episode is a nail-biting ride of action, suspense and even the odd betrayal. There is not a weak character in the entire cast and the arrival of Richard Armitage playing the role of Lucas North, is no exception to this. Also the idea that they use sub-plots that are relevant to today's political climate (the financial crisis being the obvious example), also adds to the brilliance of the show.
Fantastic series and i am looking forward to the next with great anticipation. Keep up the good work.
on 16 November 2009
I missed the fist 7 series of Spooks on TV, I'd never watched it but heard all the hype. When someone I trust told me it was the best thing on TV I bought the first series on DVD to have a look for myself. I then bought up the rest before I'd finished watching the first series - the infamous deep fat fryer incident had me hooked! I watched the first six series back to back and was at a loss when I had to wait months for series 7 to be released. I got it on pre order and devoured it as soon as it arrived. I wasn't disappointed.

The tension, shocks and moments to make you gasp in disbelief continue in this series. From the shocking events of the first episode to the unforgettable garroting that takes place towards the end, this series keeps you on the edge of your seat. Shady Russians are out in force and Harry can't be sure his team are all on the right side. Who can he trust, who can he rely on?

I thoroughly enjoyed series 7, which is essential viewing to set the scene for series 8, currently showing on BBC1. And the good news is that after around series 3 they stopped making it difficult to view the DVD, all you do now is select "play" - great stuff!
on 30 July 2010
The series is very well done with superb acting by Peter Firth and Richard Armitage. The story line is current and it's very believable spy intrigue. I have been renting past series to catch up on the history of spooks and season 7 is by far the best in the series. Richard Armitage adds an exciting element that was missing from the previous seasons and he fits in well with the rest of the cast. Nothing on American T. V. compares with it, not even 24 is as well done as Spooks. I can't wait for season 8 to be released to DVD so I can continue watching the series as it is not broadcasted on television in California. I give it two thumbs up, and if you like this genre, it is a must see.
on 10 November 2009
The show just gets better and better. Both the stories and people are much darker this time round with considerable character development. There is also an ongoing story arc which gradually builds up to a shocking, poignant and totally unpredictable climax - showing you truly don't know whom you can trust.
on 9 February 2011
My first viewing of spooks was series 9 which was on last year. I was truly hooked so have now aquired every season and started to watch it from the beginning. It is one of the best progs i have ever watched. Each season covers relevant issues, but with an ongoing background storyline. Each season ends in a cliffhanger and leaves you pining for more. Nearly finished season 8 then gonna watch 9 again. Oh no then i'll have to wait till Oct for series 10 ( gonna have withdrawls!!!)
on 29 July 2009
I only started watching Spooks with this, series 7. I was gripped from the start. It says something about how good the series is that even though I didn't know anything about any of the characters, or all the past history of the series, I was left at the end of each week on the edge of my sofa, wanting more, and in disbelief that an hour had gone past in what felt like a matter of minutes.

At the end of this amazing series, I bought the series 1 boxset, and have been working my way through them all, and a few moments ago I just finished the last episode of series 6. I'm gutted that series 7 isnt out yet!

For long time fans series 7 is worth watching again (I will be), and even if you are like me and haven't seen even a single episode of Spooks before, the storyline is so amazing, it's so well acted, the pace is so good, the music just brilliant, that you will love it.
on 29 June 2013
Another fine showing for BBC's ongoing series 'Spooks'... now in it's 7th season. If you have enjoyed previous series, then no. 7 doesn't disappoint, and is very much in the same vein as the previous (6th) series. The best thing about it is that, even though Section D manages to stay on the right side of the various threats to the UK (many very topical for the times with episodes dealing subjects from foreign threats to attacks on the economy), more often than not there always seems to be a terrible price to pay. No one in the cast is really safe, and throughout the series, you're always kept guessing.
Fine acting, excellent characters and an ongoing plot line that now includes the Russians, it is compulsive viewing. My only gripe is that series 7 is the shortest of the series'... just 8 episodes ! Get this series, and you'll find it has been watched to the end far too soon ! Because of this, I rate this a 4 star... if you are happy with this buying this and happily accepting it just being 8 episodes, then it really is a 5 star item.