Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 7 July 2014
very pleased, Thank you.
on 31 May 2011
A really good film, a must see for the average person. It does contain a fair amount of swearing but historically I believe this to be correct. It is mild compared to some bad language today. But most people who could have an aversion to it have very happily watched and enjoyed the film, probably by filetring out and thereby hardly noticing the language. Historically it is most informative and does the present royalty no harm at all. It reveals the great courage of the person who had to become King George VI. I am pleased too that Lionel Logue now has a plaque bearing his name recently installed outside his former Harley Street practice. Very well deserved. I am so pleaed that the King and Lionel remained friends for the rest of theri lives. Excellent acting by all the main ensemble.
on 9 January 2016
Enjoyed this very much
on 18 July 2014
Nice gift idea for man
on 31 May 2011
I have to admit that I didn't really want to see this film when my girlfriend first produced the Blu-Ray one evening. But after I started to watch I was captivated.

I've read a few of the other reviews on here who complain that its slow paced or there aren't any juicey bits of gossip about the King in this film. I, however think they missed the point.
Yes, its a slow burning film, but I wasn't once bored. I mean, if you are looking for a fast action-packed, dramatical soap-fest, then this is not for you.

But if you want to see a good film, with solid performances, and an engaging storyline about one mans struggle against adversity with a happy (but not Hollywood Happy) ending then watch this.