4.0 out of 5 stars My keyboard didn't work either !, 29 Jun 2011
This review is from: HP Pavillion P6799uk Desktop PC (Intel Core i5-650 Processor, 3.2 GHz, 4GB RAM, 1.5TB HDD, Windows 7) (Personal Computers)
The PC itself I've been very impressed with. i5 processor is very quick - I purchased this mainly for video editing with Cyberlink's Power Director and it has proved a wise buy. No crashes just doing what I ask of it.

Only reason I have not given 5 stars is the fact the keyboard didn't work as others have mentioned. The mouse works fine. I tried HP website, drivers etc etc but all no good so bought a new MS keyboard - that works a treat. Perhaps we should complain more but is it worth it over a 20 keyboard. HP quite happy to ignore 'us' but perhaps if Amazon noted these reviews and the keyboard issue they could throw some of their weight around at HP head Office.

I have no problem recommending this pc to anyone - just make sure you have a USB keyboard available (no PS/2 socket).

Delivered next day by 9.30 so still remain satisfied with Amazon's service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Computer at a Good Price, 18 Jun 2011
Impressed with the finish quality on this computer. i5 processor is lightning fast, a very quick boot up. A very quiet fan, can hardly hear it. A good graphics card producing a nice image. Good storage, 1.5 TB. A firewire port is present which means back up on to an external hard disk is very fast. HP diagnostics software regularly updates the computer with the latest drivers etc. My only criticism is that the machine comes with windows home premium which is a fairly basic version of windows.

5.0 out of 5 stars P6799UK, 12 Jan 2012
I love this PC. A good amount of ram along with a huge hard drive. I use it for photoshop editing and it copes admirably.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keyboard not working., 10 Jun 2011
My Keyboard didn't work either. HP customer support refused to do anything about it as I bought the computer from PC World they said. I told them that I bought it from Amazon, not PC World, and they all but called me a liar and refused to do anything. I must go back to PC World they said. Their system says this PC came from PC World and that is that. No customer service. No technical support, nothing.

Amazon customer services offered to send me a new machine. They also confirmed that this PC had been sourced and sold by Amazon, no invovlement with PC world. But by fiddling around with drivers and settings I did get the keyboard to work eventually. So I wont be sending it back.

This is actually a great PC. Very quiet, very quick and it looks good. A reasonable price too. No problems with the machine in general, although something is obviously going on with their wireless keyboards.

But I have to say that HP customer services is the poorest I have encountered in a long time. They just did not want to know. Shame really, because, as I say, this is a nice computer.

No complaints about Amazon, they were very obliging.

Panther

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PC, 13 May 2011
NEEDED a great pc for my son's graphics study and this one is just great.
Must say though that the keyboard did not work. We change many batteries in our efforts to
get it to work, but failed, so we used our old one from the old pc which is very good.
The pc though is well worth the 5 stars. MUST get one for myself soon.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good review for this HP Desktop, 11 July 2011
Mr. J. Hopkins (Warrington, England) - See all my reviews
This computer arrived promptly and was well packaged. It was easy to set up and has been working well and fast. There are extra applications for me to explore some time but an excellent buy for the money

5.0 out of 5 stars Onboard Graphics DOES work., 21 Oct 2012
This isn't a general review, but is posted in the hope it will help people with a specific question about this particular PC.

Often when searching for some obscure bit of information about a product, google will find it on some forum or review website such as Amazon, where someone has taken the trouble to post about their experience.

So by way of thanks to the efforts of all those anonymous posters around the world, here's my very own small contribution :) Besides, what goes around comes around right...

I bought this PC for emergency replacement of a PC I use for CAD office work. This PC is more aimed at the home market and has a lot of bits and pieces I didn't need. But I wanted a cheap fast box with a good brand name in a hurry, and Amazon did next day delivery with a late cut off.

As far as the PC goes, it works fine. I did have issues however with the graphics card which was a little whiny after a while and is the subject of this post.

I had a look at the back of the PC and there is a blanking plate over an on board DVI socket that has 'Do not remove' embossed on it.

I looked on the web and it said that the onboard graphics don't function and should not be used. I decided to try it anyway and removed the graphics card and blanking plate and plugged the monitor into the socket - sure enough it didn't work...

...but it was only lack of drivers and not disabled hardware as some posts suggest. Downloaded the latest drivers from intel.com and hey presto, quiet PC with working on board graphics :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant PC, 6 Jun 2012
First of all it was delivered a day earlier than expected - well done Amazon and the courier xoncerned. I've used this for several months now and I am thrilled to bits with it. I am disappointed with comments over keyboard probs and totally agree that HP should have been more helpful and Amazon should raise this with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars HP Pavillion P6799uk, 26 Jun 2011
W. Macdonald (edinburgh) - See all my reviews
excellent pc over the moon so fast and so quiet would recommend thanks go for it you won,t be dissapointed

ARRAY(0xa6a5fee8)