5.0 out of 5 stars YEH, v5 is a lot more efficient...Gold better Value Though.!
Published on 3 July 2011 by David Glasgow

1.0 out of 5 stars norton 360 premier version 5
I have been using the norton products for years without any problems.
This time i bought the latest version and the problem was that it would not auto load....
Published on 11 Dec 2011 by GoGit

5.0 out of 5 stars YEH, v5 is a lot more efficient...Gold better Value Though.!, 3 July 2011
David Glasgow (Co.Tyrone, United Kingdom.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Norton 360 Premier v5.0, 1 User, 3 PCs 1 Year Subscription (PC) (DVD-ROM)
YEH, v5 is a lot more efficient and also much more thorough at finding nasty bugs off ALL DESCRIPTION - I've used NORTON for 3-4 years, and each year its just gotten better and better, especially with their (3 PC's licence) - (which is decent value) however, you do NOT NEED to go PREMIER - "Just buy the standard GOLD version" because its the very same anti-virus program in both software packs. ONLY PREMIER has a little more 'Norton apps' nothing to justify paying 30 Quid extra than the GOLD Version in my meager opinion.

"AVOID The PREMIER VERSION" if you just need Fabulous "GOLD" protection, even at the very same Level as the 'latest June 2012', NEW KASPERSKY 3 PC's Software package - only the "Norton is (NOT as) resource hungry" unlike 'Kaspersky' which both offer a very high standard of internet security. Kaspersky even though, a very good program its always in your face, popping up giving you regular messages and updates, which is extremely annoying, however, if you think you can tolerate all that, well then NORTON will be a breeze in the park 'comparison', because it only lets you know when it has successfully caught a BUG.

Auto updates go on in the background, without telling you, Norton is what folks want, a very, very, Powerful - low in system resources usage, high in catching internet nasties, and lovely 'intuitive GUI interface'... which is well laid out and easy to understand even for those newbies to PC's, laptops, desktops and all computers. Thanks for reading. (Just realsed in Nov)-:"Norton internet security 2012, 3 Pack", is still the better value against (Norton 360 v5) especially those wanting decent protection, but on a smaller budget.!.

However both "Norton Software packages" are Fabulous software programs... to consider.! - BUY either you will NOT be disappointed if you genuinely want the very Best, and I've tried many brands over 16 years. and at Present, "Norton Get all the Awards" in Most of the recent PC magazines I buy on a Monthly basis - being a PC GEEK/NERD. lol :D

If you enjoy my reviews, please don't forget to vote, and help keep the Amazon Voting system alive. Many-Thanks! David :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Norton a review on what it hasn't done, 18 July 2011
You can only do a review on a Norton product when it doesn't do what it said in the advert when you bought it so far nothing to report that means it's working. A nice easy package easy to update on my system a nice three PC package easy to install so buy it install it and forget it and remember next year when it tells you that your subscription has 30 days to run.

5.0 out of 5 stars All round protection, 29 Oct 2011
Craig (Shirley UK) - See all my reviews
Great pc protection highly recommended, much cheaper here than on nortons website . Can be used to protects 3 different pc's at different addresses .

5.0 out of 5 stars V5 persuaded me to stay with Symantec, 2 Jun 2011
Mr. R. Mills (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I have used Symantec for many years (more than ten) and have been lucky not to suffer from Virus' but V3 which I was using seemed to be too slow and resource hungry and I was thinking of changing, but I read some reviews saying that V5 was better so I decided to give them one more chance. I'm glad that I did as it loaded easily and is much faster and less intrusive on my Pentium 4 computer running windows XP.

5.0 out of 5 stars First class security, 24 Sep 2011
Mr. J. W. Ward "Route 66 John" (Essex UK) - See all my reviews
I have used Norton 360 for the past 3 years and will continue to do so, I have found it to be an excellent product,

5.0 out of 5 stars PC security, 17 Feb 2012
Having had Norton 2011 which I was pleased with.I read reviews about Norton 360 V5
and purchased it and it is even better than 2011. Also Technical help is easy to obtain
if needed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, I hope. Cheaper than a subscription, 13 Jan 2012
Susan (Tilbury, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Just thought I'd say my bit about this product. It requires a little tweaking to stop it bugging you about how slow your computer is and such like, but these can be done quite easily once you delve into the gears in the settings. What it identifies as "threats" can be a little disconcerting, normal tracking cookies, etc. While not totally innocuous, they are not what most people would really call threats. Annoyances maybe.
Buying a new copy of this, or the latest version from Amazon each year, is the cheapest way to get your protection. It is my experience, others may disagree, that if you choose to automatically renew your subscription you get a worse price than if you get a new subscription each year.
BEWARE, if you take buying a new copy each year, then if you enter your new product serial BEFORE your old period expires, you WILL LOSE THE REMAINDER OF YOUR OLD SUBSCRIPTION! I tried it a few days earlier, just to test this, and I lost four days of my previous sub. Norton will keep bugging you to buy a new sub and enter it before it runs out. DON'T!

Norton itself seems to do the job it was designed to do quite admirably. I was given a disc (DVD) recently by a friend with some files on it that he wanted copying off onto a CD. Norton had a fit! It turns out that this disc was riddled with nasties. It was stuff that had been downloaded on an infected PC with no firewall or AV software. Mug!
Norton saved me from getting a lot of rubbish on my PC and I am eternally grateful. As far as I'm concerned, Norton have got over their old "bloatware" ways and produced something that is slick, doesn't take up too much of computer resources and does the job it is supposed to.

There is another couple of good things to mention. If a new version of Norton comes out during your subscription period, you can update free of charge to the new version. Your subscription will run to the end of the period with the new version. Note, you have to register your version of Norton and they will send you an email link when the new version is out.
This year's subscription works on up to three PC's. Bargain.

So there you have it. I recommend this Norton product and buying a new subscription from Amazon each year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable software., 12 Dec 2011
Hi, I have used Norton before and can thoroughly recommend this product.It's cheaper to buy this new than to renew subscription on line.Thank you Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it here not from Norton, 11 Dec 2011
A. Griffiths (UK) - See all my reviews
I have had Norton 360 Premier for 12 months and it is coming up to its renewal - Norton told me it will renew automatically at the prefered cost of 59.99 (60 really)- I cancelled automatic renewal and looke on here at Amazon and saw it cheaper!

How can Symantec justify overcharging existing customers.

Have to say the product has behaved well in the past 12 months though - no issue with the product.

1.0 out of 5 stars norton 360 premier version 5, 11 Dec 2011
I have been using the norton products for years without any problems.
I went to norton help, they tried to load it. after 2 hours they said it was a software problem and suggested that i use there software service, this was not free and would cost another 30.00. so i paid the amount, after a further 1 hour they said it is a hardware problem, so far i had spent 75.00 approx,
I contacted dell for them to sort it saying that norton had said it was a hard ware problem, so off we go again. After 4 hours dell said that it was not a hard ware problem that it was a soft ware problem and did I want putting through the the software department. they did, after several minutes explaining the situation the dell software engineer said that he would definately be able to sort the problem. it would just cost 120.00 to do it.
By now I was in shreds. what should have taken 10 - 20 mins had taken 7 hours over 2 day period.
Be warned some times things dont do what it says on the box.

ARRAY(0xb56e9bd0)

Norton 360 Premier v5.0, 1 User, 3 PCs 1 Year Subscription (PC)
Norton 360 Premier v5.0, 1 User, 3 PCs 1 Year Subscription (PC) by Norton from Symantec (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
Used & New from: 50.00