on 11 March 2012
The Contour Vented Helmet Mount was ordered right after ordering the Contour ROAM Hands-free HD Camcorder. Although the Contour ROAM came with two different mount options, none of them was appropriate for attaching the camera to a MTB helmet, since these do not have a flat surface large enough to glue one of the bundled mounts.

Although relatively expensive, the mount is just short of perfect. It is very easy to fit (I have a Trek Helmet) and the camera can easily be inserted in and out of the mount rail. The mount also provides 3 tilt levels that enable you to adjust the camera angle accordingly.
on 30 January 2012
Well it works but not without some mods! The straps weren't long enough for my helmet so I've now fixed it with cable ties! More secure as well. The degree of adjustment is pretty minuscule so you need to make sure it is on the right place on your helmet. I also find it quite hard to slide the camera on and off the mount.
Apart from that it's fine!
on 24 May 2013
An OK bit of kit but can't see how they can justify charging what they do for it?! (captive market, no other option or am I just being cynical?) Bit fiddly to fit before you can get it right and have yet to test how secure it'll be in the long run though it seems a lot of buyers replace the adjustable straps with cable ties in the interest of security. Hmmm!
P.S. Having now used the mount I've fixed the same using cable ties in place of the straps provided as cable ties provide a firmer and more secure fixing method without doubt! The straps just don't do the job. Once in place all's good, though I mount my camera to the side of my helmet and the Contour, being a weighty little beast, tends to cock the helmet to one side (technical term that!) - useful though to have the option to pan the camera a few degrees left or right I've found using the 'click' mount.
on 6 September 2011
This will work with any Contour camera since they use a standardised mounting mechanism. I've used this with my Contour GPS attached to a vented cycling helmet and it works great without coming loose.
on 10 December 2013
The elevation angles the mount features are a nice touch, but it's nigh impossible to tighten the straps to get a good solid stable attachment. Don't bother with this and get the multi-purpose flex strap instead, it works great with my vented helmet and has far more applications as well.
on 21 March 2012
This mount does exactly what I expected from it. Attaching it to the helmet can be a bit nerve-wracking as it requires finding a good spot on the helmet, that will give a good angle for the camera and that will minimise the amount of helmet that is seen (the angle adjustment of the mount surely helps finding this). Once a good spot has been found, you really have to tighten the straps by pulling them as hard as you can before securing them. That gives a perfectly stable platform for the camera, which doesn't get affected by repeated removals/insertions of the camera. The camera stays securely attached to the mount too, maybe a bit too much in the sense that it is quite hard to remove it the first few times you use it, but that gets fine with time.
on 4 July 2013
Secures well to my MTB helmet and my ROAM2 doesn't move at all while riding.

It's not cheap by any means, but it's worth it to record your adventures!
VINE VOICEon 16 January 2014
I have found this mount to fit very securely on my cycle helmet.

With the straps pulled tightly I can ride over some pretty bumpy terrain and the Countour camera that is attached stays put. Reviewing the footage afterwards shows that while the camera shakes as I go over the bumpy ground, the mount does not shift position at all.

Mounting/removing the camera is easy enough. It is stiff to put on and pull of, but this is what I want, since this stiffness is what holds the camera securely in place.

Overall a great addition to the Countour camera. My only complaint would be that I wish it was just bundled in with the camera to start with,
on 19 August 2012
Very well made piece of kit albeit a tad expensive, nice long straps with very strong clips mean cam can be mounted anywhere on the helmet and securely fastened in.
on 17 November 2013
If you have a Contour and want to stick it on your bike helmet, then you don't really have much choice. It works perfectly well though, dependent on the vent shapes in your helmet, the straps may need tightening or readjusting from time to time. Main gripe is cost for what is really a few bits of plastic and a synthetic strap. I suppose if you wanted a contour in the 1st place, you should be prepared to pay the price and - after all - it still looks way better than the GoPro!