4.0 out of 5 stars Adictive read
Published on 2 Mar 2009 by Book worm

3.0 out of 5 stars The Loveday Secrets
Review taken from my Blog Post (#97) in March 2011 - book borrowed from library.

The continuing saga of the Loveday Clan, in this one Adam Loveday goes on to improve the shipyard, helped by a mysterious order.

Along with several births and a death, and a carriage accident that leaves only a boy with no memory in its wake.

St John Loveday...
Published 20 months ago by Toodles Book Club

4.0 out of 5 stars Adictive read, 2 Mar 2009
Book worm (Herefordshire,UK) - See all my reviews
Once you have started reading the Loveday books you are hooked there after and care what hapens to the Loveday family as it follows them down the years,This latest offering started out a bit slow and maybe didnt have the depth of previouse books but was another realy good read and has left me eagerly awaiting the next book.Not sure how the last reviewer didnt realise this was a series,Would have thought the list of Loveday titels on the inside cover would have given it away.Recomend going to book one,well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have become completely involved with all the characters., 11 April 2013
This review is from: The Loveday Secrets (Loveday Series) (Kindle Edition)
A real page turner, I have especially enjoyed all the historical background which Kate Tremayne has built her stories around.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Loveday Secrets, 2 April 2013

St John Loveday continues down his destructive route of drinking and gambling, strangely enough whoring doesn't seem to be a vice with him!

We also meet another Cousin, Tristan Loveday, and find out the truth behind the three boys' secret from boyhood.

I have to admit to losing all patience with St John, but even I was surprised by the ending. The only complaint I have with these books is that the author tends to go over each person's story several times, which detracts from the whole. A 3 Star read.

5.0 out of 5 stars wait over, 5 May 2014
it has taken me from april 2010but well worth the wait thank you books books books books and more books

4.0 out of 5 stars Different but the same, 17 Aug 2012
The Loveday series has me hooked and each book is different but the same theme running through all of them I've read so far viz family loyalty with the same old arguments. Having said that Kate Tremayne holds the reader's attention from the first to the last page. It would be better if she did a resume of what has gone on before she commences the story rather than have one character explain to another when the reader knows both know anyway.

Would suggest any new readers of the series try and start with book 1 and follow through. Just wish there was a number in each book to show what order they come in.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Saga, 3 Sep 2014
S. Holland (Colchester U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Loveday Secrets (Loveday Series) (Kindle Edition)
Unlike other Cornish Sagas ( Poldark by Graham and Retallick by Thompson) Tremayne's Loveday books actually improve as the Saga progresses. Having disposed of the old villain it was a neat trick to bring in a new family rogue.

4.0 out of 5 stars Family saga in the early 19th century, 12 May 2010
A. Summers "Spooks addict" (Dubai UAE) - See all my reviews
part of the "Roman fleuve" of the Lovedya family saga. If you are yearning for Poldark, read this. Addictive

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 27 July 2014
PURCHASED AS A PRESENT

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so secret...., 16 Sep 2010
Mrs. D. J. Smith "eowyngreenleaf" (Luton, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I realised when I got this book that it was part of a series, only for some reason I thought it was the first part. When I started reading I found there appeared to be an awful lot of back story and when I checked I found it was something like the 9th book in the series!

That aside, I didn't have any difficulty following the plot and even saw some of the 'secrets' and plot developments coming a mile off. I'm only giving 3 stars as, although it was well enough written, even by the end I didn't find I cared enough about any of the character to wonder what would happen to them next. Even those that I think were supposed to be sypmathetic to the reader I really couldn't care about; the book enspired no sense of empathy.

Obviously from other reviews here some people are really enjoying this series, but for me it was lacking in emotional engagement.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Loveday Secrets, 8 Feb 2010
This is up to Kate Tremayne's usual good standard. I highly recommend it. Anne Smith

The Loveday Secrets (Loveday Series)