5.0 out of 5 stars A masterpiece.
Let Love In is pretty much the definitive Nick Cave album.
If you're new to Nick Cave, then I'd suggest buying it purely for Loverman. The six and a half minute song is pretty much a distillation of what makes Nick Cave fantastic. Doomy touches, such as the haunting bells; his brooding lyrics, for example the 'M is for murder me' section, and the fact that the song...
Published on 2 Sep 2005 by dynamitekid156

3.0 out of 5 stars Master Cave
Rating a cd by its musical content and rating a product received are two different things.
This is one of Nick Cave's best albums. I know this because I have it on LP.
Dark, moody, lyrical. I love it.
Published 6 months ago by Netherman

5.0 out of 5 stars One of Nick's best, 13 May 2014
This review is from: Let Love In (Audio CD)
Lovely. Beautifully remastered. Only complaint is that the vids use the old unremastered songs so sound a bit off compared with the CD. Very minor gripe though. Blixa is hilarious!

1.0 out of 5 stars Was the wrong CD, 10 Mar 2014
This review is from: Let Love In (Audio CD)
Bought this item as an xmas gift, found out some weeks later that despite the cd case, artwork etc etc being Nick Cave's Let Love In, the music actually burnt onto the CD was some Yazoo.

Either way it was the wrong music on the CD - must have been a mix up at the pressing plant or however they do it nowadays.

Amazon as always gave an instant refund.

3.0 out of 5 stars Master Cave, 7 Jan 2014
This review is from: Let Love In (Audio CD)
This is one of Nick Cave's best albums. I know this because I have it on LP.
Dark, moody, lyrical. I love it.
The cd I received was not Nick Cave. The cd was brand new, wrapped in plastic, the label on the disc even said Nick Cave but when I listened to the cd I heard Yazoo or Allison Moyet. Something went wrong in the production process.
My rating of the music that should be on this cd is 5 stars. The item I received and returned is 0 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Make sure the lid is tight, 24 Oct 2013
Dr. Delvis Memphistopheles "FIST" (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Let Love In (Audio CD)
Takes those soporific elements from Radio 2, then drives them way out to the rolling prairie lands, where the sun beats down the rhythm hard to bake it tight. Locked up with a bottle of hard liquor in the palm of its hand, as Glenn Campbell, Barry White and some maudlin country and western play through the airwaves, a tear comes to the eye and rolls onwards. Meanwhile everything leads to all car occupants a hollerin and screamin to "Loverman" and Red Right Hand" and "Do you love me?." Because this platter blasts all those anthems that made the Bad Seeds much more relevant to real life than the sugar maple of the Beatles.

So as the notes are screamed in our one-way taxi through the scrublands only the dulled up insects will hear the full tonal ranges of what is on offer. So you get shovelling to "Let love in" an ode to being castrated, bound and gagged to be dragged through life's dreamworld into an open pit. And there you have it, because this recording lets the melodies in, to allow the lyrical frenzy to march into your soul and place a tourniquet around its neck. Then you watch with eyes bulging as you still hum the tunes, thinking it is just a game and it ain't gonna rain anymore.

Takes bits of the Pogues with a dollop of an industrial jig to clasp each other together in a vice grip dance off into the swirling perpetual void

Nick and his cronies have never appeared more powerful than when they finally cheered up to play the main dance, because it appeared they were only there to bang the lid tight upon your soul.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this one. ALOT., 17 Aug 2013
This review is from: Let Love In (MP3 Download)
My introduction to Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds was with DIG! LAZARUS! DIG! I'm really loving his new album Push The Sky Away, fantastic album too.
This has made me want to check out his earlier work. As I know I like the song Red Right Hand already I went for this album, and I'm not disappointed! RRH isn't even my favourite song on this album. Great stuff!
Mr. Cave, I believe you are going to cost me a small fortune over the next few months. ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Let Love In, 10 Mar 2013
This review is from: Let Love In (Audio CD)
This album is great. I particularly love the last track a different vertsion of - Do you love me. I have just ordered the new album and I am looking forward to listening to it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cave does it again!, 11 Dec 2011
A. J. Potter "Andy Potter" (Haslemere UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Let Love In (Audio CD)
Cave does it again!This album contains the songs "Let Love in", and also "Red Right Hand", so it's got to be a winner!

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Class, 19 Dec 2009
This review is from: Let Love In (Audio CD)
I may not be as eloquent as the previous reviewers but if you are reading this review you are obviously looking for a reason to purchase this CD...am I right? If so then just do it, whether it be brand spanking new or through Amazon marketplace. You will not find a more more beautiful album (CD). These beautiful, lyrical songs simply rip through the soul. Full of angst that you are probably too old for (I know I am!) but then again maybe not.

Listening to the track Do You Love Me? You get this overwhelming feeling of LOVE! Unrequited, tortured, deep love...a truly beautiful track...Cave at his very best. Moving on to Nobody's Baby Now....well it is simply music in poetic form...I cannot gush enough abou this album. It is (IMVHO) a musical book of love poetry. Nick and the Bad Seeds at thier very very best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely the creme de la creme, 4 May 2004
KalteStern (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Let Love In (Audio CD)
Nick Cave has always been a great songwriter at times, and the Bad Seeds were always great musicians, but on this one the whole lot just comes together and results in something truly magnificent.Production is just great, the instrumentation on many of the songs is not only really good, it complements the songs very well. There is a whole range of styles on offer, so something for everyone, from going all C&W on 'She's nobody's baby now', basic R&B on 'Thirsty Dog', all soulful and moody on the oft sampled 'Red Right Hand', a cheerful tale of death and bar-room brawling on 'Jangling Jack' and not forgetting the mighty 'Do You Love Me?'. Cave's songs have been sadder and more tragic on other albums, or more punk influenced and grubbier in production, but as an overall whole, this has never been bettered , by him or anyone else I can think of. Even if you are not a committed Cave fan, or decide to only buy one Nick Cave album in this lifetime, you should get this

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant!, 6 Nov 2003
This review is from: Let Love In (Audio CD)
Has Nick Cave ever made a bad album? No, I didn't think so either. "Let Love in" provides us with yet more evidence (If we actually needed any) that Cave is the most consistent singer/songwriter living today. Five stars just isn't enough.

I have just three words to say regarding the album; BUY IT NOW!!!

Let Love In
Let Love In by Nick Cave (Audio CD - 2011)