5.0 out of 5 stars A highly promising start..., 14 Mar. 2011
This review is from: The Fixer: A Lawson Vampire Novel 1 (Kindle Edition)
to a vampire series. Vampires are in vogue these days but Jon F Merz wrote this before the 'boom' and he deserves to be right up with the front of the field. Lawson is a likeable vampire hero who still manages to have real 'bloke appeal' and is very adept at one liners. The story is well written throughout with plenty of humour to break up the gore. Long may Lawson survive in his role of 'Fixer' for the vampire community, I'm sure the series will throw up many extreme challenges and I for one am ready to head straight to book 2!

5.0 out of 5 stars Two words..NINJA VAMPIRE, 31 Jan. 2011
S. King - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Fixer: A Lawson Vampire Novel 1 (Kindle Edition)
This is the first in the Lawson series.
If you like your vampire stories gritty, witty and action packed then this is definitely the one for you.
Right from the start you are taken on an wild, adrenaline fueled romp into what has become a very interesting and unique take on the world of vampires.
With characters that you want to see more of its a good thing that the rest of the Lawson series is also now available on the kindle.
What are you waiting for?
Get them ordered and start reading

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable Read, 31 July 2011
This review is from: The Fixer: A Lawson Vampire Novel 1 (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed reading the fixer. I liked the character Lawson. I only gave it 4 stars because the villain was too OTT for me, also Lawson was drawn quite weak by the author and I didn't feel he was up to the challenge of the villain.

4.0 out of 5 stars but all things considered the story was well written and moved along quite nicely. Our hero seems to spend most of the ..., 7 Nov. 2014
This review is from: The Fixer: A Lawson Vampire Novel 1 (Kindle Edition)
Something of a bland vampire, but all things considered the story was well written and moved along quite nicely. Our hero seems to spend most of the book getting his ass kicked: I hope he toughens up for any sequels. Definitely not the best book of this genre I have read, but a long, long way from being the worst. I wouldn't put anybody off, I just hope the sequels build upon this opener.

5.0 out of 5 stars FINALLY!! I LOVE Lawson!, 29 Jan. 2011
This review is from: The Fixer: A Lawson Vampire Novel 1 (Kindle Edition)
I just found this was available for the Kindle. I was so excited, of course I bought it. Over the years I have fallen in love with Lawson.. and Jon F. Merz's writings. He is an awesome author. I have yet to read a book by him that I do not love. His work is well researched. Even though these books are Fiction I find myself forgetting lol it is like I am there part of the action and I absolutely LOVE that.

The Fixer: A Lawson Vampire Novel 1