5.0 out of 5 stars love this tin
Ilove this tin. It makes making a batternberg so easy. just grease and flour the tin and it will not stick. Use a two egg recipe for sponge.
Published on 4 Jan 2012 by dunservin

3.0 out of 5 stars The cakes themselves came out very even but it was ...
The cakes themselves came out very even but it was a little difficult to get the removable strips in exactly correct.
Published 2 months ago by Carolyn

5.0 out of 5 stars love this tin, 4 Jan 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars great tin!, 8 Mar 2012
helen "muppet" (cornwall) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Alan Silverwood Battenberg Cake Pan 8in x 6in
Great, I think we've all gone a bit battenberg mad because of the great british bake off!! I love it :-D I made a coffee and chocolate brownie battenberg when my lovely tin arrived, I did have a slight incident that i filled the compartments too high and they overflowed onto the flapjack cooking on the shelf below... but that was not the tins fault and it was easy to cut off the excess !! It's easy to clean too It is more faff icing battenberg than I generally have time for and given that the cake is usually gone on the day I make it it's sometimes easier to make a normal cake/buns... but I do love the tin and there is a certain satisfaction when you create something that friends ask when are going to make it again?!!

5.0 out of 5 stars super item, 3 Dec 2011
This review is from: Alan Silverwood Battenberg Cake Pan 8in x 6in
this tin makes making a battenberg cake very easy keeping the different coloured sponge seperate till you are ready to put together it is also easy to clean

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 12 Dec 2013
This review is from: Alan Silverwood Battenberg Cake Pan 8in x 6in
Good tray brought for making a batten-berg cake tray good but not my cake will need to practice more I think

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely delighted, 17 Jun 2012
This review is from: Alan Silverwood Battenberg Cake Pan 8in x 6in
Although the tin at first seems small, it produces a larger than shop bought Battenburg. The recipe is so generous I made another thin offering with all the off cuts!!! The possibilities with this tin are endless- i'ts great! Also easy to clean, didn't stick and includes clear instructions.

5.0 out of 5 stars battenburg tin, 10 April 2012
This review is from: Alan Silverwood Battenberg Cake Pan 8in x 6in
Excellent tin, silverwood products are always good, bake evenly and wash very easily. Makes a good sized battenburg cake, bigger than shop bought ones, and recipe included.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love my battenburg tin!!, 28 Mar 2012
C. Owen (cambridgeshire, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alan Silverwood Battenberg Cake Pan 8in x 6in
I love my battenburg tin!! I never used to make battenburg cakes, simply because of the hassle. Now I make them and it's no problem at all, now that I have this tin. Recipe received with tin makes too much mixture, though. A 2 egg mixture is plenty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 2 Feb 2014
DJ Bez (Weston-super-Mare) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alan Silverwood Battenberg Cake Pan 8in x 6in
This is a fantastic tin and a great addition to every bakers cupboard out there.

First off, its smaller than you might imagine but be careful not to overfill as the cake
will be quite big after its risen, in the end often bigger than the ones you buy in the shop.

Its also tougher than it looks and very well made.

Another rare 5 stars from me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and does what it says on the packet..., 10 Aug 2013
This review is from: Alan Silverwood Battenberg Cake Pan 8in x 6in
For me this was a good buy as I'm lazy and can't be bothered with folding bits of paper to make the dividers. One point I would make is that you really need to grease and flour this tin well before use especially in the corners otherwise I found the mix can stick but perhaps that was just me and it was my first attempt.... However, I used the recipe that came with the tin and was really impressed with the results. Will be using this tin to make more battenburgs...

5.0 out of 5 stars Mmm Battenberg, 29 Oct 2014
This review is from: Alan Silverwood Battenberg Cake Pan 8in x 6in
Love a bit of Battenberg and this tin is just the thing needed for the perfect one! for years I made my Battenberg with two tins and measured and cut the long strips out with a bit of waste, but now not so much waste as all the mixture is in one tin and cooks evenly . Price is a bit steep, but once you have made that first cake you would have forgotten about that.

Alan Silverwood Battenberg Cake Pan 8in x 6in