5.0 out of 5 stars Superb
Published on 27 Nov 2011 by spanishgirl

3.0 out of 5 stars Used to like it!
I bought this a few years ago and i loved it but i think i over listened to it !! so now i have gone off cher lloyd BUT if you like her then get this!!
Published 5 months ago by Bethany Walsh

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 27 Nov 2011
This review is from: Sticks & Stones (MP3 Download)
I didn't follow Cher Lloyd on X-Factor, didn't watch the show, but saw her audition on YouTube and thought she was good. Didn't like first single Swagger Jagger but downloaded Talkin' That when it was free on Amazon and it grew on me. Liked her second single and after listening to excerpts of the album when it was released, bought it and think it's a very good first album. I like her voice and the different tones and inflections she brings out.
She won't be everyones cup of tea but it's nice to see someone with talent bring out their own album with new songs that are great rather than an album full of covers. Well done Cher.

5.0 out of 5 stars CHER LLOYD!, 13 Mar 2012
This review is from: Sticks + Stones (Audio CD)
Omg, this album is one of the best I own! I followed her on X Factor all the way even when hardly anyone else did, I went to the X Factor tour to see her and she was brill! I can't believe how well her album has come out! And to make things even better my mum got me tickets to go see her on her tour for my birthday!! I can't wait! This is an amazing album, all the songs are amazing and what I think is great is that they're all so different. I thought it would've all been up tempo and rap but she's put a ot of slow songs in their that really showcase her voice! Cher Lloyd u rock and I can't wait to go see u!

5.0 out of 5 stars Get Out Of My Way!, 18 April 2012
CSH (Gravesend) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sticks + Stones (Audio CD)
I didn't expect much for this album to be honest, but my mum has loved Cher since she appeared on the X-Factor so I pre-ordered it.

Well it is amazing and is ideal for me. I must warn you that it is teen-pop and the album's singles give a great idea of what the album is like...EXCEPT Swagger Jagger which was purely for effect!

Stand out tracks include:

Beautiful People - which is heartfelt, calm but still so catchy.

End Up Here - a fantastic pop number, but also very true and from the soul. Cher wrote this herself, and that shows. Well done to her for experimenting!

Player Boi - pure pop and oh so fast and catch. My personal favourite!

And all the singles are great.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't be put off if you like pop, this album is great with amazing longevity. BUT IF you are expecting ballads and 10 soulful songs, don't buy it.

I said it was teen pop, but it is basically sugary pop, so don't let that put you off. My 40year old parents love it!

I hope this helps. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cher Lloyd, 24 Jan 2012
Angel (Victoria, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sticks + Stones (Audio CD)
amazing it arrived just before I went on holiday took it with me and listened for hours, fantastic album love it too bits

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy CD, 20 Jan 2012
This review is from: Sticks + Stones (Audio CD)
I bought this CD for my 7 year old daughter, loves this album of Cher Lloyd best buy ever, I enjoy listening to it in the car too. Great Album... Great price too @ 5.99, this album is much better than I expected lots of fab songs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Cher!, 24 Jan 2012
This review is from: Sticks + Stones (Audio CD)
This album is cool! Not a track skipped! They're all amazing & catchy, THIS IS AN UNDERRATED ALBUM! Way too many haters keep putting her down, she is good! If she hadn't came from X Factor, I think the approach would have been totally different.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bubbly pop made to go - get it now!, 25 Jun 2012
This review is from: Sticks + Stones (Audio CD)
Cher Lloyd, X Factor finalist and pop starlet made an incredible pop record - hard to believe huh?. I say this because I clearly remember a bratty Cher bragging about 'haters' and random stuff right over the end of 2010, which left a bad taste in my mouth.

After a couple of months, she finally unleashed what would be her exquisite debut: 'Swagger Jagger'. The track oozed confidence and, fronted by a colourful image and catchy semi-hip hop beats mixed with heavy synths it definitely won my heart over and the UK's too - scoring herself a #1 smash hit on the back of it. 'With Ur Love', the album's -which was yet untitled back then- 2nd single was a creamy, pastel painted song that features US's Mike Posner, adding some extra flavour to it. Think a bump and grind background track with a carrousel tune and pulsating beats and there you have it - Cher, yet again, managed to captive the public whilts continuing her range of Top 5 hits with it. By this time, I was in complete love with that unnamed and soon to be released album. Gagging for it, her record company unleashed the rightly titled 'Sticks + Stones', addressing Cher's media criticisms and making some contrast with a playful, almost cartoony, album cover.

I remember the day I first got the album in my hands, I was excited and I didn't know what to expect besides the already released singles and found out some true pop gems in this particular listening journey. By that time, I was going to graduate from Med school, so I highly associate the bittersweet undertones of the record with that particular time of my life. I put the record in my car and 'Grow Up' came up, a sizzling semi-rap with a playful tune which is easily hummable and memorable after the very first time you hear it. Busta makes a brief and whirlwind-esque appeareance but his presence takes it to a next level and leaves you wanting some more, even by this casual rap fan. One of the album's highlight 'Want U Back', the 3rd single and Cher US' debut is bubblying up as Track 2 in 'Sticks + Stones'. It includes a catchy, fast handclap rhythm and a trademark 'Grrr' between all the verses - on top of that a stormer of a Chorus finding Cher beggind his ex lover to come back into her life because she's pretty jealous, ending altogether with our girl imitating an helicopter (random shizzle, but true fun is not easy to find nowadays in pop records). The 2 lead singles (Tracks 3 & 4) are followed by a guitar driven ballad coupled with Carolina Liar's feature - it is a bit slow and hard to swallow at first, especially considering the fast pace we had in the last couple of minutes - but when it sinks, it does fit inside the overall feeling of the album. Its very own highligh is Miss Lloyd's showcase of gorgeous vocals, that are commonly hidden by her for no particular reason.

By this time, I was at the middle of listening to the album, thinking the highlights were already pointed out but, oh boy, I was wrong. The sixth track 'Playa Boi' (borrowing from Neneh Cherry's Buffalo Stance) is a synth heavy, battery fueled song. Fast, aggresive and bubbly at the same time, it has a metal sound going up and down all over the song and leaves you with the desire of pressing the 'repeat' button. I say 'leaves you', because Track 7 'Superhero', stops it clear from happening. 'Superhero' is a funky, semi 60's, strings and all included, delicious song where Lloyd screams she's not even her very own heroine to save her from the fraud her man is. The ending is hopeful and with a modest fading, making you to repeat the listening experience to hear her speak either about the brief love story spoken or her highly humour filled rap bridge (I kick you with a kung fu kick!). Track 8, the theme park sounding influenced 'Over the moon' is fluffy and easy on the ears, but it somehow falls into the category of faux-christmas song - maybe because of the time it was released or its playful carole-esque sounds. Track 9 is 'Dub on the track', Cher's take on the current move of dubstep and the collaboration between some of UK's most famous underground hip hop artists - it is quick and with a dirty electro semi-synth on the background, coupled with the aforementioned dubstep influences of the times. I arrived at Track 10 and thought 'Sticks + Stones' was a mish mash at best, but 'End Up Here' flicked my thoughts and rearranged the idea of the showcase of sounds this record is. Lloyd helped to pen up this gem, an RnB crafted ship of harmonies that speaks and sings with heartache about cheating in young relationships. The lyrics might be a bit näive for a girl of her age, but if you hear the sentiment behind the vocals, you'll get my drift. The midtempo tune double teams with the gorgeous melody soaring from start to end - that and those 'I don't want to shed a tear' attitude lyrics whilts she almost sounds like crying in the chorus' harmonies is going to sell the song to the hardest of the hearts. The CD stops spinning in my record player and starts all over, while sunset was setting on me and arriving home.

Either I'm a bit biased (maybe is the feeling the album gave me through December of that year) or I was blinded by the Pop masterpieces created and performed by this little girl that gives everything she sings a bit of nostalgic factor. All I can say is, if you're willing to have some fun and sing along to some true well made Pop - this album is for you. Be sure to not miss out on this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Give her a break, 2 Feb 2012
This review is from: Sticks + Stones (Audio CD)
I loved Cher on x factor, especially when she sang 'stay' but when swagger jagger came out I was disappointed. I liked her other singles 'with ur love' and 'want u back'. I decided to buy her album to see what it's like. It does sound a bit childish but she is only 17! I think she has made a good first album and it Definitley shows the real her. I think
People should give her a break

4.0 out of 5 stars great album, 28 Dec 2011
This review is from: Sticks + Stones (Audio CD)
a real great album...catchy songs and a good voice(if a 8 year old sings like this like a read in a other rewiev it must be a deep voiced 8 year old:)..no this is really great and hope another album from cher lloyd will be released...good luck cher

5.0 out of 5 stars Cher loyd at her best, 20 Jun 2013
This review is from: Sticks + Stones (Audio CD)
This is the first album from X-factor runner up CHER LOYD which includes the smash hits
swagger Jagger , want you back & with Ur love, when i first bought this i was weary that like other albums it would have a few good songes and the rest would let the album down, but this album does not let down, every song on this album is just as good and as addictive as the one before, this is one of the best albums i have bought and heard i a very long time. I bought mine when it first came out and after my son listened to it I had to buy a second copy for my son.
cher Loyd is fantastic and a great artist who gives great performances on every track and never lets down.
one of the best albums ever made and i would buy it again.
I cant wait for the new album to come out and if it is have as good as the first it will be fantastic.
cher loyd is th whole package.

ARRAY(0xad904180)

Sticks  + Stones
Sticks + Stones by Cher Lloyd (Audio CD - 2011)