on 22 May 2012
I was looking for a Casio Protrek watch, but did not want a big watch like some of the Protek range - this watch looks good, is light to wear and well made for the money, 49GBP. It has most of the features of the more expensive Protrek watches on the market but at a fraction of the price, ie thermometer, barometer and altimeter, stopwatch, worldtime, stopwatch and light, the only other feature I would have liked on the watch was a compass.

I ordered this watch on 18/05/12 and it arrived on 22/05/12 with the free postage option, 4 days, very good.

Very pleased with my purchase.

MTA
on 21 January 2012
"Very happy with this watch, looks good, really easy to operate once you use the functions a couple of times. Altimeter, Barometer and temperature reading are nice touches for the gadget aficionado, probably not that accurate but fine for a bit of fun."
on 27 September 2013
Got this watch for outdoor walking and general use. Does not feel cheap! Comfortable to wear and looks cool. The world time is good plus the countdown timer has got good use in the space of a week. The alarm is not loud enough to wake you up so don't rely on it in the mornings. The barometer is great and accurate plus the weather forecast is normally right. The temperature does work after 30 mins off the wrist and is effective too. The altimeter is also good but can be skewed by the over head conditions but not by more than 20 meters max. Fantastic value for money and well worth a punt.
on 17 October 2014
I like this watch. I paid £57 for it (with free shipping), which I consider good value for money. I wanted a reasonably inexpensive and rugged watch to wear sailing and hill walking. I think the temperature and pressure sensors are pretty accurate and I've not had to recalibrate them after the first time. However, because the altimeter calculates the altitude from the ambient air pressure this does tend to wander about quite a bit as the atmospheric pressure changes with the meteorological conditions. An increase/decrease of 1 hPa pressure at sea level will show on the watch as a decrease/increase altitude of about 8 m. At 5000m altitude the same 1 hPa change in pressure will be reported as a 14m change in altitude. If the meteorological pressure changed by 30 hPa in a day, which isn't impossible, the watch would report an altitude that was wrong by 320 m at sea level, hence the need to recalibrate the altitude often, as recommended in the manual. Also, recommended in the manual to is to take the watch off your wrist and hanging it on your clothing or rucksack to get a more accurate measurement of air temperature that's not affected by your body temperature.
on 29 April 2012
What a bargain. The watch is well priced and as always you get the quality with Casio. It's a little fiddly to get the alt and barometer working right but as a typical man I tried a few times before actually READING the instructions.. Hmmmm. Otherwise spot on. HIGHLY Recommend.
on 24 April 2012
I bought this watch for my daughter's Birthday. She is a gadget girl and loves boating and the outdoors.

She is very happy with the watch and although it takes a bit of time to get to grips with all the functions it is well worth the effort to get the most out of the watch.

Everything works as described and delivery was super fast arriving two days before the promised day.

She is a happy camper!
on 5 March 2012
Exactly what I was expecting and it arrived on time. I am very happy with this watch and it contains everything I was looking for.
on 3 October 2013
I've tested the thermometer against two pretty reliable thermometers and it's within 0.1 deg Celsius (when removed from the wrist). Altimeter has been showing fluctuating results +/- 25 metre, but may need more regular calibration.

At first I found it strange that the date is displayed larger than the time, but I've got used to it.

All in all a nice watch.
on 15 October 2013
I got this for a trip to Tibet for the altitude setting, worked well and the Chinese engineer should have taken note, he got altitude sickness, spent 7 days in hospital and nearly died. Still I was Ok and the watch worked. Only thing is the backlight does not show the hands so why only 4 star
on 14 February 2014
This is a very good watch for its price, I mostly wear it when I am in gym or in pool, temperature guage doesn't give you correct result but I guess the sensor is consused with the body temperature, for correct result you need to remove the watch and place it so that the sensor is not touching anything, it gives correct temperature after about 10-15 minutes.

I would recommend this to anyone.