on 9 December 2011
got the item on 9/12/2011 for £61.50.the watch is really big and has significant presence on my 6.9" wrist.strap is really wide too and has a double pronged buckle.sits nicely on the wrist.the watch has only 4 buttons including the central G button.the illumination is awesome bright white.alti/baro/temp not far off from my prw2000 without any caliberation.no auto light ,flash alert or power save function.the watch and strap are made in thailand.
+display crystal clear,large digits,superb illumination,really solid build,time visible in all modes
-might be too large for some,no data recall,no auto EL,no power save
all told,i love this watch and is a must have in your collection just for its uniqueness.......
on 24 May 2012
This watch is really very good value for money at £60. Frankly I wouldn't feel ripped off at twice the price.
Altimeter, Barometer, Thermometer as well as all the usual G-shock watch features like stopwatch, alarms and world time.
Barometer, as far as I've been able to tell is fairly accurate, thermometer is affected by body temp and consequently altimeter readings tend to be off. But you can calibrate to help with short term accuracy.
Buttons are a little tricky to press given they are recessed but you get used to it.
The light is very clear and you can select how long it stays on for.
It looks good on the wrist.
Love it.
on 16 October 2012
I'll sum it up.
Ordered on a Saturday night, received Tuesday morning on standard delivery.
BIG watch with loads of handy features.
Great backlight.
Fairly accurate altometer, but the temp gauge seems be persuaded by your body temperature.
Powerful backlight.
Thats about it, all I will say is, £65 represents great value in terms of build quality. The only downside for me is the size, I have large wrists and hands and this watch still looks large on them. 4.5 Stars
on 11 October 2012
SIMPLY AWESOME PIECE FROM CASIO....SUPERB FEATURES...STRAP SEEMS TO BE BETTER QUALITY THAN PREVIOUS CASIO ATTEMPTS...BAROMETER SEEMS VERY ACCURATE...ALTIMETER NOT SO...TOO MUCH OUTSIDE INFLUENCES FOR IT TO READ TRUE, BUT CAN BE ADJUSTED FOR REFERENCE POINTS.......VERY PLEASED WITH THIS...QUITE LARGE ON THE WRIST, NOT ONE FOR THE THIN BRIGADE....
on 7 December 2012
The watch is amzing! Everything I need for alpinism! The altimeter, barometer works perfect. Excellend choise with very good price.
on 28 November 2013
I bought this for my second sons birthday. he was thrilled that I bought it for him. He has worn it everyday since I bought it for him. He told me that the altimeter and thermometer were a bit off but it was good having the setting of setting 5 alarms at once.
All in All it is what you would expect from a G Shock made by Casio.
on 13 November 2013
The watch is great, resistant, precise, and have a light weight, but the temperature sensors, sense the temperature of the Alf's melmak planet. Honestly the temperature sensor fails giving upper values of heat.

The rest, impressive.
on 19 April 2012
I've always loved the G-Shock series from Casio, but I liked this watch more than others.
At the touch of a button, the display can be brightly illuminated in a fashionable color. Shock resistant, Low-temperature resistant (-10 °C), 10,000 m Altimeter, Barometer (260/1100), Thermometer (-10°C / +60°C), World time function, Stopwatch function - 1/100 sec. - 24 hours, Timer - 1/1 min. - 24 hours, 5 daily alarms, Button tones on/off, Automatic calendar, 12/24-hour timekeeping, Mineral glass, Resin case, Resin band and Water resistance.
What do you want more? Absolutely recommended.
on 14 February 2014
This is a great watch for anyone walking in the hills or doing alpinism.

I used it in the Alps to do some summits and the altimeter is remarkably accurate (if you remember to calibrate it at the hut or base of the mountain in the morning!)

The thermometer is less useful as it tends to tell you how hot your wrist is rather than the air temperature. If the air temperature is important to you then I recommend you don't wear it on your wrist but hang it off the strap of you back-pack.

It's quite a chunky watch and whilst this makes it feel pretty solid and "shock proof", I do find it a bit over-the-top for casual wear - but then I bought it for the mountains, not going out to the restaurant...

The strap is nice and secure with a double fastener for extra safety.

The only reason I don't give it five stars is because every now and then mine seems to get a bit of very light condensation on the inside of the screen (especially when I am doing something very exertive like mountain biking), but this has never been bad enough to stop me seeing the display.
on 6 August 2013
Not very happy, altimeter function after I adjusted it wasn't giving correct altitude. Temperature function too is effected massively by body temperature. Save your money and get a suntto watch instead.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse