5.0 out of 5 stars Far better than TRX - An amazing workout & system!
I bought my Rip 60 suspension trainer after enjoying a month or two of TRX workouts at my local fitness club. I've found it to be a worthy competitor...

If you're new to suspension training, like I was, you're in for a treat - and a shock. It is an all over, total body work out like nothing else and you'll come away aching in all the right places...
Published on 3 April 2012 by The Truth

3.0 out of 5 stars The equipment is brilliant, DVDs are laughable
The actual price of equipment is brilliant, it is overall cheaper than the TRX system. It is also high quality than the TRX as it includes a door handle, and a rotational core.

Published on 11 Aug 2012 by Coleman

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Far better than TRX - An amazing workout & system!, 3 April 2012
The Truth "How it is" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

For me, although essentially the same in many respects, knowing both systems very well I would say that Rip 60 has the edge over the TRX system for many reasons.

Firstly, and most obviously is the price. With TRX coming in at nearly £200, its hard to see how they justify the cost. Rip 60 however is a brilliant bundle that comes in at a third of the price. Also, you get the door jam included in the bundle free (so you don't have to fork out extra for that).

The door jam is great. Its takes seconds to put up in any doorway and seconds to take down after your workout - it needs no extra attachments and leaves no lasting marks or damage to your home. It comes built into the Rip 60 strap, so you can't loose it and you get a nice little bib with it too (It does literally look like a child's bib; a small piece of foam material that you place between the door and the unit for added protection to your paint work).

Also in your Rip 60 package, you'll find a set of DVDs and a nutrition plan (not unlike the plan provided with P90X) which helps you plan your meals over 60 days, if you want to see lean, mean results.

The name Rip 60, like P90X hints that if you follow the DVDs and the nutrition plan, you will have a ripped body not unlike that of a world- class athlete. I can't comment on whether or not this is true though, as I didn't follow the Rip 60 programme, as having used TRX extensively before, I just dived right in and added Rip 60 workouts to my week. It stands to reason though, workout every day and eat well and you will se results... just like P90X.

As for the DVDs, I haven't used them, but I have heard they are good quality and that the coach is particularly motivating... which you'll need. Rip 60 is also endorsed by MMA World Champion, Fighter extraordinaire, George St. Pierre (hey, that rhymes!) and you also get a DVD with a special Rip 60 workout on it put together by him. For the women, there's a lady called Jillian Michaels who puts her name behind it - but I have no idea who she is.

The Rip 60 system also differs from TRX in another major way though. Where as TRX is a fixed, static system, Rip 60 can use its specially designed rotating pulley system, giving you many more exercises and a whole new plane of movement. It makes the scope of exercises available to you many more, and much harder too too. It also claims to get your muscles and nervous system training in sync (because you have to constantly make miniscule adjustment in split seconds as you train). But don't worry - the system can be quickly and easily deactivated, with the pull or push of a pin being all that's needed to switch between your normal static suspension system like TRX and the special rotary system unique to Rip 60.

All of this, the Rip 60 suspension trainer, DVDs, wall planner, Exercise chart, nutrition plan, door jam and bib come to you with a nice little pull string ruck sack so you can keep everything together or even take it out with you on runs and train outside - lets not forget that's why these things were first design... TRX was designed by a US Navy Seal, so that he could get a great workout wherever he was; even in Afghanistan 1000 miles from the nearest gym.

Rip 60 is no different. All you need is a point to anchor it too like a climbing frame or a tree branch and you're away. The item itself is very good quality and made to a very high standard - don't even compare it to cheaper suspension trainers like 'Jungle Gym' - it's 10 leagues above.

Rip 60 is made a manufactured by a company called Icon Fitness, one of the world's largest (if not the largest) manufacturers of exercise equipment. They make many of the other top brands in the fitness world including FreeMotion, NordicTrack, ProForm, Weider, and many more. So don't think it's inferior in build quality in anyway to TRX. It's not. Rest assured that Rip 60 is manufactured, sold, and backed by one of the biggest and most reliable companies in the exercise equipment industry.

Phew - well there's lots more I could add and much more I could write about... but that's enough for now. But trust me, if you're thinking of getting a suspension trainer, I thoroughly recommend them. And if you're thinking of getting a TRX - don't! Having used both I can tell you, hand on heart, that the Rip 60 suspension trainer is better in every way... especially price.

I have also written a review of the Trx Suspension Trainer if you want to read that too. But that was written before I bought my Rip 60 and isn't a comparison review, like this one is, as I'd had no experience of Rip 60 when I wrote it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant. Great for novices and fitness fanatics alike, 9 Oct 2013
This review is from: RIP:60 - 60 DAY TOTAL BODY SUSPENSION TRAINER WITH DVDS (Sports)
I fall into the novice category. 40 yr old female, skinny, not exercised regularly for a couple of years and very little muscle tone, I purchased this on a recommendation to firm up those bits that are sagging and build some strength and it's doing just that.

I am using the DVDs and they are not a joke at all. As someone who isn't used to gym classes, I found the instructions easy to follow, Jeremy Strom I think is excellent contrary to another posting, as he doesn't patronise, he gives clear instructions and encouragement, and personally I find him very likable. (NB the fireman comment is the only cheesy one in 240 minutes so far - this is the problem with other reviewers fast forwarding through...). The exercises are varied (some hard mixed in with some nice) and all of a 60 second duration which keeps me interested. If like me you find it easy to give up on hard exercises it's easier to keep going as 60 seconds is just a short time to get through.

The beauty of RIP60 in addition to the rotation turning the muscle is that if you are struggling with a particular exercise you can adjust your position to make it slightly easier, but you keep on moving and exercising the relevant muscle according to your capability. You can just build up as you go along, so no feeling demoralised from the off. The flip side if you are already strong and fit is that you can adjust your position to make it harder.

You don't have to work out for an hour 5 days a week every week. 3 of the 8 weeks are 4 days a week and one week is only 3 days. (It is designed to be a fast results programme so you couldn't expect to do much less and get ripped in 8 weeks). I only did 5 straight days for the first week, and even then I did not do all of the exercises all the time. Plus once you know the warm up and warm down routines you can do them quicker. Given that I didn't do all of the exercises in week 1 (I wimped out of the odd cardio one) I could honestly see a difference on my stomach muscles at the end of week one (i.e. I have some!). Yes I'm skinny so it's easy to see but it proves the point that the exercises work. After 3 weeks my husband is telling me that I look great, i feel my posture has improved and this is me not always doing all of the exercises, and certainly not 5 times a week.

Dont be put off by comments that it's all high intensity cardio, it's not at all. The short nature of the exercises tells you that it can't be. Yes there are some that get the heart rate going a bit, but given that I hate high intensity cardio if that were the case I wouldn't be sat here typing. There's plenty of upper body work thrown in.

All in all, this is something I've stuck at for the first time in years and feel like it's something I can incorporate into my life going forward. A great piece of kit whether you are super fit or not. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rip 60, 5 May 2012
Am currently on week 3 of the rip 60 training program . Have not been following the meal plan, as only really caters for USA market, however, easy to substitute for uk produce. Am using it on bedroom door, and works very well. Have also used it tied to a tree, and bars in a school gym. The DVD is progressive each week, and I can feel and see the results. There is a lot of body weight exercise such as burpees, star jumps etc, and you will need some weights in the later stages of the programme . Overall, I would highly recommend this if you enjoy bodyweight exercise based programmes. The suspended rotation is fantastic, and really challenges your body. 10/10 in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Far better than TRX - An amazing total body workout & system, 24 May 2012
The Truth "How it is" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great buy!, 23 Aug 2013
I was going to buy the TRX but after reading the other reviews, I thought i'd try this one and am glad I did.
Fast shipping, really good quality and an awesome price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Rip 60 Fanrastic, 1 Feb 2013
Well there is not much i can say. great;Fantastic trg aid.
my fitness going through the Roof. great dvd. instruction.fab fab would recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great flexible option, 8 May 2013
We use the TRX in the gym quite a lot and like the abilbity to train the core along with other strength exercises. This is a cheaper option than the TRX and comes with the door anchor. The handles aren't padded, so if you're constantly on it you might get sore hands. Otherwise it's great. We tend to flick it over the pergoda int he garden and get a quick session in whilst the kids are in bed - good alternative to the gym

5.0 out of 5 stars I can highly recommend this piece of kit, 22 Sep 2014
I can highly recommend this piece of kit, not only are the DVDs awesome, but the suspension system is of a high quality, I really didn't expect the level of quality considering other systems I've tried have come in at roughly the same price, and that was just for a few DVDs, and not any real kit, its a 'do anywhere' system hook it up and your away. I could sell this for myself, I've recommended a few of my friends and they're 'hooked' if you can pardon the pun.

3.0 out of 5 stars The equipment is brilliant, DVDs are laughable, 11 Aug 2012

The DVDs are a joke. If you can at least get past the corny/cheesy approach it takes to fitness (lines like 'This is Jake. Jake's a firefighter. He needs all the help he can get.')then you still see that there workout approach is completely wrong.
You have to workout for 1hour, 5 days a week. It is mostly intense cardio, I would not say it is a 'lean muscle builder', I would it is possible to get skinny abs using this system but not 'ripped'. They do at least show you a bunch of exercises you can do, but you have to fast forward through the DVDs to watch them.

The meal planner is terrible, it is the equivalent to a freebie you'd get on the back of a magazine.

It does contain some other nice bits: door cushion; rip60 bag;...

OVERALL it is a good piece of equipment, and better than the TRX. However the price is ridiculous as 50%+ of it is because of the DVDs, which suck. Despite this it is still cheaper than the TRX and so I bought it for that reason, the DVDs just make good cup-mats.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good kit., 30 Jan 2014
M. Blacker ""Dinosaur"" (Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
Its well made and does the job, a friend has a trx and we both think the rip 60 offers more. It would have had 5 stars but for the poor packaging of the dvd's and some of content therein.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›