5.0 out of 5 stars Good enough
A great little starter kit.

Managed to get a closer look at the moon with the filter, although not entirely necessary on some occasions.

The extra magnification has proven greatly beneficial though.
Published on 23 Jun. 2012 by Mr A

2.0 out of 5 stars A very basic kit
I only had this kit for a few days, it wasn't that good.

The "2x Power lens" didn't produce very clear images with my Webcam at all, I thought it was rubbish to be honest.
The EP's (Eye pieces) weren't very clear and didn't produce a wide field of view either (you couldn't look from side to side much through the eyepiece)
The filters seemed ok, the...
Published on 31 Jan. 2013 by P. Chandler

5.0 out of 5 stars Good enough, 23 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Celestron AstroMaster Accessory Kit (Electronics)
A great little starter kit.

The extra magnification has proven greatly beneficial though.

5.0 out of 5 stars good value, 26 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Celestron AstroMaster Accessory Kit (Electronics)
a lot for your money. all well made, perfect addition for your 130EQ. images look bigger.
All the accesories in the box are well made and work as you would expect.
The barlow works;and has a clear sharp image with the 15,6 eyepieces that come in the box.
Though the 6 mm plossi has a very narrow field of view and focus range.
LOVE IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars recommended for nexstar 102gt, 30 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Celestron AstroMaster Accessory Kit (Electronics)
Celestron Nexstar 102GT Computerised TelescopeI have a Nextstar 102GT so this review reflects the telescope as well as this kit. The supplied eye pieces dovetail size wise into the ones supplied with the telescope, and the barlow x2 also increases the power. So what can you see with it? This telescope does receive some mixed reviews. I live in a heavily light polluted area and using it outside the front of my house, with street lights, what were my results? In a word, satisfying. Using the barlow and the 6mm I aimed at Jupiter. The best way I can describe the size of the image is a marble held in your fingers. The cloud bands were visible, not with the same definition as a photo of course, nor the 'red spot', but several moons also in the same field of view.

True the image is a little shaky, but the telescope tracked, and allowed me to view for as long as I wanted. There is some colour aberration, but at this price point, seeing something with your own eyes, if this is your objective, it achieves that admirably. I'm waiting for Orion to rise at a more reasonable time to try observing the nebulae, as well as M31, but away from my local street lights, I'm confident I won't be disappointed.

I also used the moon filter, does what it says on the tin, but it is not essential in my opinion for observing the moon. (Description details the full contents).

In conclusion, if you have one of these telescopes, then its a worthwhile purchase. Definitely cheaper than purchasing the components separately. The case matches the supplied (telescope) case. If anything it would be better of there was a larger combined case for all the items, and get yourself a little red keyring light or similar so you can identify each item when using it.

5.0 out of 5 stars does wonders, 18 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Celestron AstroMaster Accessory Kit (Electronics)
We are new to this star gazing thing :-) we were told we may need to buy some more lens and these were a great little addition well packed in a nice case they all work very well, now where can I buy some clear skies from to use them more...... :-)

2.0 out of 5 stars A very basic kit, 31 Jan. 2013
P. Chandler "P" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Celestron AstroMaster Accessory Kit (Electronics)
I only had this kit for a few days, it wasn't that good.

The filters seemed ok, the moon filter worked at dimming the image sufficiently (The moon can be very bright and hard on the eyes).

I know it's tempting to get everything you need in one go, but your really are better off buying seperate EP's, barlows and Filters to create your own set.
I wouldn't recommend any EP's for less than £40 (BST explorers or Celestron X-cel EP's are very good and will last you well even after upgrading).
And Tal barlows are as cheap as I would go (The more you magnify with a barlow, the blurrier and darker the image gets, so you can't scimp on them)

I recommend buying a good 25mm-35mm EP for finding Deep Sky Objects (Nebulea, Galaxies etc.). A 6mm-8mm for close-ups and a x2-x3 Barlow for viewing the Planets.

I've been an Amateur Astronomer for around 1.5 years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 6 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Celestron AstroMaster Accessory Kit (Electronics)
A must have kit for everyone owns a Celestron Astromaster Telescope. We tried the 6mm eyepiece last night and we saw the moon surface with a lot of details. Today we will try to see Saturn using 6mm and Barlow 2x eyepieces.....

5.0 out of 5 stars great item, 15 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Celestron AstroMaster Accessory Kit (Electronics)
Bought this as a present for a keen amateur astronomer to go with a celestron telescope. Excellent value for money

5.0 out of 5 stars A recommended product for beginners, 3 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Celestron AstroMaster Accessory Kit (Electronics)
I am a beginner in astronomy and own a small refractor telescope. I recently purchased this accessory kit in order to enhance the performance of my telescope and I am so pleased with the quality and value of this product. The lenses have exceeded my expectations and I would highly recommend it to people who are interested in buying a starter kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars these accessories are essential!, 3 April 2014
This review is from: Celestron AstroMaster Accessory Kit (Electronics)
I had enjoyed using my celestron astromaster to browse around the sky for a couple of years but this accessory kit takes it to a whole new level. The added magnification of the extra lenses and the x2 attachment turn jupiter from a tiny disk with almost imaginary bands to a fully visible circle with the bands clearly visible - and the moon! It is like being there.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent addition to the Celestron Astromater 130 EQ., 29 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Celestron AstroMaster Accessory Kit (Electronics)
An excellent addition to the Celestron Astromater 130 EQ. The 15 mm eyepiece is fantastic and the 6 mm Plossl allows for excellent views of the planets. I find I like the combination of 15 mm and 2x Barlow great for the Moon, Jupiter and Saturn. Speaking of which, the rings of Saturn are clear as day seen both through the 15 mm and the 6 mm.

Celestron AstroMaster Accessory Kit