5.0 out of 5 stars Loving my Latte Select.
Published on 30 Nov 2011 by fudggie girl

3.0 out of 5 stars Product is fine, but beware...
Published 17 months ago by S. Watkins

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving my Latte Select., 30 Nov 2011
fudggie girl (wales) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Philips HD7854/60 Senseo Latte Select - coffee pod system - black (Kitchen & Home)
This Machine wasn't available on Amazon when i bought mine as it had only just come out.I could only get it at Comets and i did wonder if i was doing the right thing.I had the original(blue) one for a couple of years and it's coffee was my morning ritual.I do love Lattes though and i had to heat up the milk in the microwave which was a nusience When i saw this was out i just went ahead and bought it.For those of you who has the original version this works much the same except it has as you can see in the diagram a milk container in the front under the pod area.
On the lid to my left is a button that when pressed a red light moves between latte,cappachino,macchiato or plain white coffee.On the right side the button moves between 1/3,1/2 or full cup expresso.The milk container has measures for the right right amount of milk for whichever coffee you want.You can still make two cups at the same time.
I just took a look at the Quadrante Senseo machine and i'm suprised it only does black coffee.I want the ability to make milky coffee drinks without having to heat up milk seperately.I know not everyone likes milk with their coffee but it's still nice to have the choice,what about guests?I'll stick with my fantastic Latte Select.Every morning without fail i have a double latte to start my day.After working a long nightshift and with only a few hours sleep i look forward to sitting with my newspaper while quietly sipping my coffee.
My machine is a few years old now so it has lasted well,no problems at all.In the center of the lid a light comes on telling you to clean the machine through and every couple of months it lights up under'calc clean'telling you that it is time to descale it.It is an easy machine to use,clean and descale.It's a nice looking coffee machine and sits comfortably in the corner of my kitchen unit.
I still have my blue original one which i'm keeping 'just in case'this one finally packs in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best service ever, 13 Feb 2013
I've ordered this coffee machine on the 7th February and been told that it will arrive till the 11th of March, as it was shipped from Germany. But it was a great surprise to discover that it was despatched on the very next day, so got it in less than a week. Great and fast service! The only downside was that although it had instructions, there were two small pieces in the water container which I didn't know where to fit them. But this is something for Philips to consider, NOT the company selling them. Anyway, it's all well if it ends well, I couldn't wait till this morning to make my first coffee! Perfect brew! Very happy with the product and even happier with the company who sells them! I never rate products but felt I have to do it, cause although it's a very good machine it only had one review which made me think twice before ordering it. Do you fancy a latte, cappuccino, latte macchiato or espresso? Do not hesitate buying Philips Senseo Latte Select!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 18 Feb 2013
Best item in my kitchen. It makes lovely coffee, both with or without milk. Great to have the choice of which milk to use. I use it at least twice a day and more on a weekend. Wouldn't be without it. Delivery was great as from Germany, arrived very quickly and no problems.

3.0 out of 5 stars Product is fine, but beware..., 6 April 2013
S. Watkins "Soph" (Reading, UK) - See all my reviews
I ordered this after having tried the regular senseo machine on holiday. It arrived quite quickly, all well packaged etc, but I was a little miffed to find that it was supplied with a European plug. Since the seller claims to be in the UK and are selling to the UK, I was rather surprised that this wasn't mentioned on the product description. So I had to fork out for an adaptor and wait for that to arrive as well. I contacted the seller and they basically said "buy an adaptor or return it". I really think if you are selling on a UK site, the lack of a UK plug is worth mentioning....so not that impressed with the customer service. But the machine is fine. We bought to "CoffeeDuck" adaptor and use our own coffee rather than the pods...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 8 Mar 2014
After searching the net for a machine that does latte coffee, found the perfect machine,
A little expensive but well worth the money

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Machine - Cheaper than most to run, 3 Dec 2013
Andy (Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this to replace a Dolce Gusto machine as I was concerned about the contents of the Pods, which when left for a few days gave off a strong chemical smell. This machine uses Senseo pads that just contain coffee and allows you to make a variety of milk based drinks. The end result is very nice coffee and the lattes etc are great as you don't get the artificial milk substitutes that many of the pod systems use. I'm also not forced to pay double the amount when making a milk based drink (many pod based systems charge the same amount for 8* coffee pods and 8* "milk" pods. I also bought the coffee duck for this that allows me to use ground coffee, when I am in the mood. When just making coffees you can choose from 3 different cup sizes and either 1 or 2 cups. The only real disadvantage with this machine is that it has a traditional boiler so it takes a while to heat up, however, this is a minor niggle. I cannot comment on the seller as I bought mine from Amazon over a year ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still a good Machine, 22 Oct 2013
We had a latte Senseo Select before. We wore the other one out after 3 years of constant use. The new machine makes good coffee like the old model and the milky coffees are again of good quality .This new model has had a few little. changes from the old model but still easy to use when following instructions. The only down side is the machine has to come from Germany with continental plug you do get an adapter but of the wrong ampage you need a plug with 13 amp fuse , other than that a brilliant bit of Kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most amazing coffee ever, 20 Oct 2013
This makes the best coffee I've tasted for years The latte is absolutely wonderful. My wife who doesn't really like coffee thinks its lovely and has had quite a few since i purchased it .

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 8 April 2013
Great product, though they seem to be phasing this all-singing model out so had to hunt high and low for this one in Germany. Have an after-market caddy and use Lavazza coffee. It really is very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another win for Senseo, 30 May 2013
SteveINtheUKok "SteveINtheUKok" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I am a huge fan of Senseo coffee, have been since around 2005, i've tried others and always come back to Senseo.

I had a Senseo Quadrante machine which is a beautiful machine and had no problems with it but I do love all forms of milky coffee, a real treat so when I heard about the Senseo Latte Select I had to get one.

The machine is a definite improvement even over a basic Senseo machine in that it now makes 3 strengths of black coffee (you can add milk manually, LOL) and it also has a clean and de-scale function. Also the drip tray has a much greater freedom of movement and is moved via a knob on the side rather than having to remove and replace a shelf on the unit.

Onto the milk side, this makes single cups of coffee, you can keep making more but you will need to fill the milk resevoir each time, its actually very easy so don't let that put you off.

I've tried them all and they are all great Cappuccino, Latte Machiatto and Latte.

Once done you run a clean cycle on the milk frother to keep it clean and then at the end of the day clean the machine properly by just rinsing the milk parts under the tap or popping in the dishwasher.

Its very easy, and that last bit of froth at the bottom of your cup is the best part!

Its the Senseo I know and love but with knobs on :-)

If your making black coffee you still have a one or two cup option and you still get a single and a two pod set of holders so you can make two black coffees at once or one large one.

HINT: If you want a much larger milky coffee, just run it twice, for things like lattes there is enough room in the milk frother cup to make two if you just fill it all the way up. Its cheating but it works fine.

Also look around the net, some people have modified theirs (voids the warranty) so they just pop a tube in a bottle or a carton of milk and never need to fill the milk cup.