5.0 out of 5 stars Great little light!
Despatched quickly - good little reading light for my kindle. I don't think this could be bettered by the more expensive versions. Highly recommended.
Published on 22 Sep 2011 by Doris

3.0 out of 5 stars Kindle light
I have given this three stars because the concept is great.

I bought it for my husband for his birthday, so he can read in bed without having the bedside light on which means he does not keep me awake.

Published on 19 Dec 2011 by Girlie

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little light!, 22 Sep 2011
This review is from: DIGIFLEX Flexible LED Reading Light Lamp for Amazon Kindle (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful and well designed, 5 Sep 2011
Phillistein "eager reader" (Margate, Kent United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Very quick delivery, does the job fine and has two lights for medium and high brightness. This is really useful, even for reading conventional books and is less intrusive than putting light on

5.0 out of 5 stars Then there was light!, 8 Sep 2011
Excellent value for money. Bright light with two settings. Prompt delivery. Flexible head which moves light into required position. Clips onto Kindle and regular books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Digiflex light, 7 Oct 2011
I bought a different model locally for similar money which would dim terribly after 5 minutes every time it was used. This one is superior in every way, it does what it's supposed to, and is a great little item for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars light up my life !, 15 Oct 2011
just what I was looking for - does exactly what I need it to - great value - will be getting one for my husband too as he keeps nicking mine !

5.0 out of 5 stars Goes well with the Kindle but does much more, 6 Dec 2011
Having made the decision to purchase a Kindle from Amazon, I also decided to buy one of those Kindle covers that have an integral reading light. However, I was met by disappointment as there was a waiting period before they would become available again and I wanted the items now. So a trawl through Amazon again came up with the item that I am now reviewing.
It arrived in good time without the required (3) AAA batteries, but as luck would have it, I had some of these in my draw. The base is quite large and the batteries fit neatly into it after removing a slide and click cover. I was impressed with the quality of the item and also surprised to find that the neat on/off switch on the top of the lamp unit had a three-click action; Off/One Lamp/Two Lamps, that allowed one to switch just one LED on if conditions are suitable thus saving battery life. The base also has a spring clip that works much in the way that a spring clothes peg does and is substantial and business like and I think it could take a fair amount of punishment whilst in use. The flexible arm is very precise and allows the user to position the lamp at virtually any angle.
And so to bed and with my wife fast asleep after a hard day at the office, I clipped the reading light to the edge of my new Kindle and switched it on. I had to spend some time positioning the lamp to cover the screen in the correct dilution of light and certainly needed to switch the 2 x LEDs on. I found that I had to position the lamp head to one side to prevent it getting in the way of the reading line, but once done it was very effective. The only issue I could possibly find was that the large base of the unit intruded into the display of the Kindle if one pushed the unit fully down onto the edge of the screen. However, there is a very smart "floating" pad attached to the tip of the spring clip that adapts to the shape of the unit it is mounted on. For me, I found that clipping the lamp to the corner of the Kindle gave the best performance.
And that is one of the best things about this lamp, it is very versatile. Clip it anywhere on the Kindle and find your personal favourite that you can deal with, but one can go much further. Forget the Kindle for a moment and consider that it can be used just as a simple desk reading light by putting it down on its base in the same way as one would position a standard desk lamp. It can be used in the car for many purposes and clipped to the headboard of the bed makes an excellent night light.
One thing I'm baffled about is the small hole with a pin in it at the back of the base. This looks like it was designed to accommodate a charging or external power lead, but nowhere could I find mention of this. If anyone knows the answer, please let me know.
To finish, I'm very pleased indeed with this little device and at the price it is excellent value for money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Kindle light, 19 Dec 2011
I have given this three stars because the concept is great.

The only negative point is that it is not robust. The two plastic pins holding the back for the batteries in place broke on first use. I have not returned the item as it has not affected its use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Light up your Life, 1 Aug 2011
J. R. Toll (South London) - See all my reviews
First class product for the price with rapid delivery> It clips onto the Kindle regardless of it being in a case or not, and has 2 brightness settings. The flexible neck will twist into any position and stay there. Difficult to do better for the price, I feel.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent value and service, 2 Nov 2011
I think this is an excellent product for the money, it came very quickly and does exactly what it says on the tin! The double brightness is an added extra and it clips on easily whether you're using a case or not - much advanced from a torch under the blankets!

4.0 out of 5 stars Kindle booklight, 30 Oct 2011
P. Whelan (UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this for the wife, she had a different type before this one, but the light kept varying in brightness, and replacement lithium batteries were more expensive than the light itself. This one uses AAA batteries which are cheaper to replace, and the light from the unit is more consistent, so there.