on 5 August 2014
Great product, used it on my plum tree as directed. This year none of the plums were infected by moths.
Bought in combination of: Vitax Fruit Tree Grease 200g
on 21 June 2015
Seems to do the job with leaf curling apple aphids. I tend to spay with a a couple of bottles in a back pack sprayer. I spray on the apple trees at or just before bud burst. You'll probably smell a bit fishy after so use some old clothes. As I said it seems to work well with leaf curling apple aphids - it doesn't stop them all but it sure knocks them back.
Its also suitable for organic growing.
on 10 June 2015
Stpped my peach trees getting those nasty curly leaves which I think is called blossom end rot though not sure. Sprayed once in winter and repeated in early Spring.
on 5 December 2011
I used this product to get rid of a bad infestation of scale insect on my orange and lemon trees that was producing a sticky exudate from the leaves which was making a sticky mess on my travertine floor. After washing the leaves of the trees with soapy water to get rid of the majority of scale insects I then sprayed with Vitax Winter tree wash to prevent the infestation from recurring. So far, so good - it seems to have done the trick. Smells reasonably pleasant and since there are no real "nasties" in it, I can continue to eat the oranges & lemons.
on 23 October 2013
Should be enough for two or three years in the bottle. Easy to dilute and apply via a spray to give the trees a good soaking.
on 1 February 2016
Now that the tar winter washes have been withdrawn there are really only 2 products available for the home gardener: the Vitax product and a competitor. The Vitax product is much more economical in use as the dilution is 50ml per litre of water whereas the competitor product has a dilution of 100ml per 900ml of water. Assuming both products are equally effective (I have never compared them against each other in a trial) then the Vitax product is better value. I have a large, old apple tree so a whole bottle of winter wash will only do one spray. It is necessary to be meticulous in applying to the whole tree as this works on contact with insects or eggs and also to ensure that the spray penetrates any fissures or cracks in the bark where insects may be hiding. This can be quite tricky with a large tree.

It seems to work in reducing overwintering insects but I have some doubts that it is effective as the tar oil products. It is of course kinder on the environment and the person spraying it. It contains fish oil so there is a bit of a fishy smell but it is not really that offensive.
on 10 February 2015
have always used this it is the best tree wash yet and does what it says follow instructions of when to use and your trees should be protected from most winter bugs .nobody can guarantee 100% but it will help a lot
on 24 February 2016
important to understand that you will need a separate spray bottle to apply this product. The wash itself comes in a bottle with a special top for measuring out the quantity you need. However I was unable to see how this worked. I managed to fill it with the liquid, but as soon as I released my squeeze on the main part of the container, the liquid just fell back. I resorted to using a small spare container I had, that I worked out was the correct capacity to match 1 litre of water.
This may be a good product but I would have preferred a container that was a lot more simple!
on 10 March 2016
At the moment it is not possible to state the effectiveness of this product. It was easy to apply and the instructions are clear. Proof will be when the trees start to produce leaves later in the spring, more then
on 16 May 2016
Used back in February on apple and pear trees and haven't seen any aphids yet. The leaves appear to be in better condition than this time last year. This will become a regular in the orchard I think