5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bag, however does not fit Nikkor 70-300 4.5-5.6 VR
I bought this as I noticed on one of the above reviews that it said it fitted a 70-300 lens perfectly (I had measured the lens and it seemed fairly borderline)

It's a fantastic bag, well padded but compact, good balance between soft/rigid padding and a couple of little storage compartments.

It doesn't, however, fit the Nikon 70-300 4.5-5.6 VR - I've...
Published on 25 Jan. 2013 by Rich Brown

3.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly serviceable
Published on 27 Jun. 2012 by A. J. Trickett

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bag, however does not fit Nikkor 70-300 4.5-5.6 VR, 25 Jan. 2013

It doesn't, however, fit the Nikon 70-300 4.5-5.6 VR - I've just about managed to cram it it in but if you have this lens go up a size.

(Incidentally, it fits a Nikon 18-200 VR perfectly)

Still, great little bag. Only thing I'd add (if Lowepro are reading this!) is some kind of waterproofing, maybe a membrane round the zip.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Lowepro Lens Carry Case - Does What It Says on the Tin, 13 Nov. 2014
Bill (England) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
I've recently purchased a Sigma 70-300mm lens for my Canon EOS 600D camera, and needed a suitable carry-case, so I bought this Lowepro case. It has a thick layer of sponge padding around the circumference on the inside, roughly 1cm thick, and the base and zip up top similarly have padding, albeit slightly thinner. The zipper has a very smooth, sturdy feeling action, which you can operate with two solid feeling toggles. It has a slot for a belt at the back, which you detach and attach using Velcro fastenings. Underneath the top, there's a small compartment for a compact cleaning cloth and/or memory card.
The product overall has a feeling of sturdiness and durability. I've owned various Lowepro cases for many years, and I've never had any cause for complaint.
The only minor grumble, I suppose, is that the case doesn't come with a shoulder strap. I bought an Op Tech USA comfort strap, which works very well - OP/TECH E-Z Comfort Strap for Camera/Binoculars - Black.
Thank you for reading this review.

3.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly serviceable, 27 Jun. 2012
A. J. Trickett "ajt" (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I've bought Lowepro lens cases in the past and while there is nothing wrong with this one, I do prefer the older models though. There is a nice think foam base, which is good, the side walls are stiff so not so squidgy like the older models. There are no stitched in hoops but the Velcro flap to the rear has a double catch so it should stay put. There is a little net pocket in the lid.

The internal dimensions are: 10 cm (w) x 7.5 cm (d) x 10 cm (h), the quoted size is 9x9 cm. It is a bit "D" shaped so there is some slip for the lens (my older ones are more cylindrical). Before buying if you can try you lens for fit - to make sure you get the right one.

Overall the quality of the stitching is good, the zip is smooth and work well and it seem fit for purpose. I shall see how it lasts.

Only 3* because it's okay, it does what is says, but it's not brilliant or exciting in anyway.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great addition!, 14 Feb. 2012
Got this case to hold and protect my Canon 55-250 mm lens. Fits really well, not snug but its good enough. I was looking at buying another case to hold my SLR and 2 lens, then I relised this case can be clipped onto an existing lowepro bag. So I bought this case and now clip it onto my lowepro bag as and when needed... simples.

3.0 out of 5 stars It does the job., 19 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Lowepro 8 x 6cm Lens Case - Black (Camera)
I purchased the Lowepro 6 x 8 case because I recently purchased an EF50mm prime lens. The product dimensions suggested the 6 x 8 was a good fit and the advertising shows the 50mm lens with this case. I cant grumble over the quality of the product but i think its work noting for other purchasers that it is a tight fit, although it does the job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality case, 12 Sept. 2012
This case fits my 24-70, 16-50 and obviously my little prime lenses.

Have run down the road with it whilst forgetting to zip the lid and the lens didn't come out.

Build quality is as you'd expect from Lowepro.

There's a little pocket under the lid which can be used for storing small items like memory cards.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect accessory, 14 Dec. 2012
My camera kit had outgrown my Lowepro camera case and I required the means, on occasions, to transport an additional lens. Rather than buying a bigger case, I bought this lens case which will accommodate either of two of the principal lenses that I use on my camera, the other fitting in the main case attached to the camera. The lens case is approximately the same height and width as the main case and attaches to the main case using the "slip-lock" attachment which keeps it secure. If I don't want to carry the second lens around I can easily detach the lens case and leave it behind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic case - but make sure you get the right size, 13 Jun. 2012
This is a great little lens case, with Lowepro's sliplock system allowing it to be easily attached to other Lowepro bags. I bought for when I go out with my 70-200mm, so I can attach my standard zoom to the toplaoder and not need to lug any larger bags around.

BUT, be sure to get the right size. I ordered the 9 x 9cm thinking this would fit my Sigma 17-50, but this case is too small. However, this is my fault for not looking into it properly! The Digital Picture [...] has a downloadable Lowepro lens case size chart available, which should help you make the right choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 31 Dec. 2011
I bought this case to hold my 70-300 lens and it fits perfectly.
The quality of Lowepro is great as always, I have no complaints.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 16 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Lowepro 8 x 6cm Lens Case - Black (Camera)
This case is good quality, well padded etc.

You may want to try it with your particular lenses before buying though, to make sure it is big enough.

For pentax users, however, I can confirm that it is big enough for:
Pentax FA 50mm 1.4
Pentax DA 35mm 2.4
Pentax F 35-70 3.5-4.5

And presumably it will also be big enough for most (if not all) of the other small primes made by pentax.

Lowepro 8 x 6cm Lens Case  - Black