on 7 April 2012
Does exactly what I hope of it: informs clearly and concisely a multitude of Myths and Legends of Ancient Greece and Rome. Yes in some places the writing is a little dull but I see this book more as a reference point than a drama or thrilling fantasy. This is intended to inform and it achieves this perfectly.
on 23 September 2012
Very good book. It explains who each of the Gods are, in an order which makes sense. It tells you the stories behind the Gods, what scarfices were made to them, what they looked like and what they were God of. A must read for anyone who is interested in the Gods of Ancient Greece.
I love Greek Mythology , I even have an "A" grade O level in it , but I felt I needed an update and this was perfect for me, I skimmed over the Roman bits. I really enjoyed and I love the list at the back of all the names and places. Made it easier to chose the new kittens name, she is now Clio after the muse of history ( not the car aas my 20 year old son thought). If you want a good insight to the basis of greek mythology then this is a good cheap little download.
on 9 March 2012
Very good read. I have always been interested in the Greek methology so its good to finally have a book that has all the stories of the gods and goddesses

Would highly recommend this to anyone
on 4 January 2011
A book that informs about greek mythology and its characters in a easy but non patronizing style. I highly recommend it.
11 comment|65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 June 2013
Originally bought for reference purposes but it makes excellent reading and is extremely informative. Very worthwhile to have in your collection.
on 2 May 2012
I find this book fascinating it is for anyone that is interested in the Gods and Goddesses of Ancient Greece and Rome it tells of their origins and what they were the God or Goddess of
on 22 April 2013
Good purchase - full of very interesting facts and we are very happy with purchase
Enjoyable purchase - would recommend
on 10 September 2014
This is quite an enjoyable book. I have read half of it. It is well read and cross referenced. Probably best used as a reference book, but could be read cover to cover, although I started to lose some interest the further I went into it. Well written.
on 28 May 2013
It depends what you want from the book.

If you are looking for a brief overview then this a is a good read. Berens provides you with just that and cross-references the myths between the different civilizations (and not just Greece and Rome). It is written in a plain, easy to understand style. Incidentally there is not much to choose between the illustrated and non-illustrated editions since the illustrations in the formed are somewhat limited.