on 20 December 2011
I bought this book primarily because I know Sarah through Historical Fiction On Line and through her excellent Blog. I research English/Welsh history for my own fledgling novel and Sarah is a wonderful source of information on that period.

I am not normally a Historical Fantasy fan including books that involve Time Travel - BUT! This is so well written and researched that I shall now proceed to purchase the whole series!

A few of the reviews I have seen on Amazon US come close to revealing all in spoilers, so I will refrain from that; restricting myself to saying (as a Welshman), I wish her version of that fateful day at Cilmeri had been the correct one!
on 10 September 2012
I bought this book after getting the first in the series as a free Download, I have been completely absorbed by these well written and cleverly devised books. The Time travel element is very cleverly dealt with and don't let it put you off as it does not dominate the story, Most of the story is set in 13th Centry Wales, and the characters are just wonderful, when you have read this series you can't help but wonder what if ......I have been so impressed by Sarah Woodbury's writing that I have just purchased the King Arthur series.
on 22 May 2014
After reading one of this series of books I defy you not to want to read all the others. I did and admit to being hooked from the first (pre-story) novel. I admit I was looking for something with the flavour of Diana Gabaldon's wonderful Outlander series and of course to addicts like me nothing was going to be quite the same. However, time travel is certainly involved, historical facts are included, characters are developed and I thoroughly enjoyed reading them. What more can you ask for.
(I shall be posting the same review on all the books - yes I couldn't resist reading them all. YOU DO NEED TO READ THEM IN ORDER
on 20 January 2014
I am hooked on the whole series of books, what started as a free download has led me to download each one in the series as soon as I have finished the last one. Both historic and yet modern in its story telling - a fantastic series. Brilliant
on 7 May 2013
A really good series which combines history and fantasy and has some lovely characters a series I did not want to end.
on 26 January 2014
This is the first book in the After Cilmeri Series. I have now read all of them and waiting for the next one to be released. It is fantasy, historical, science fiction all rolled into one and totally unpredictable.
on 12 June 2014
Given that the transitions tend to be involuntary for the most part, challenging may be an understatement. What is not an understatement is that this was a most enjoyable book.
on 6 June 2014
-- which I do. I bought the next in the series which was quite good - but sometimes as with films the follow up of a tale is best left to the imagination of the reader
on 7 April 2014
Loved it, straight into the story. Enjoying every page as you turn. Just finished it and waiting for the next book. Great read if you like and know a bit about history.
on 1 March 2015
After having read Daughter of Time,(which I was absolutely glued to), I thought that this one would be just as good. However, was a tad disappointed to be honest and it got a bit silly in places especially when Daffyd found the van that they were driving when the 'slip' happened and then asked his 'father' to drive it! I know it was a bit of artistic license, but it really was a bit silly and unnecessary.

Although they are good value as nice long book, not sure if I will buy the 3rd one. If it continues in the same vein then probably not.