on 23 June 2012
Love the style of the kettle, and if you fill it over the max mark it trips our electric, which is a good safety feature (if a bit frustrating!). However, the silver on the lid started to peel away within 3 months of using the kettle, which makes it look tatty!
on 27 November 2011
this kettle is stylish. takes a fair time to boil and is not particularly quiet. it is hard to keep clean as all the water splashes show against the black colour.

however it works well and i am pleased on the whole.
on 15 January 2012
Bought this kettle as a replacement for previous Tefal kettle which suddenly started leaking (after about 8 years). This kettle is stylish and boils quickly without too much noise. The lid opens with a soft spring, feels very nice and easy to fill.
2 small gripes - there is a light to show it is working, but only on one side. We are both left handed so have the kettle facing the other way, so no light....not sure why you would design a kettle with measuring level on both sides but light only on one side.
Other point is that the kettle is a little wobbly on its base when it is empty. Filling it stabilises it, but would make sure it is kept well away from children's reach.
Would recommend this item.
on 2 January 2014
Just want to say that this kettle exceeded my expectations: it is a beautiful, slimline, lightweight, stylish, not noisy, or over-steamy, and it doesn't wobble on its stand, and everyone who has seen it wants one! Thank you Tefal for making an ordinary item so appealing and elegant in my kitchen.
on 18 September 2013
There's nothing new or inavative about this kettle but it does what its suppose to and fairly quietly. Time taken to boil is acceptable and it certainly doesn't feel heavy to me when full. When I first put it on the base I was concerned as it is not as stable as other kettles I have had and wobbles a little but after giving it a couple of nudges I found that it doesn't come off the base and is just the nature of the design.

If there was something cool or special about the kettle and if it felt more sturdy on the base I'd have most probably given it 5 stars but no it's just a kettle.
on 17 December 2014
This kettle is not as fancy as the traditional chic kettles to look at, but as a type of jug kettle it is one of the nicest. I love the fact that you can easy flick the lid to fill. We live in a hard water area and I have bought many expensive chic, retro style kettles in the past but they never seem to last and start looking scuffy as the lids start sticking with the lime scale build up. I love also that the holds a large amount of water which even when full doesn't seem to take long to boil. It does make a little noise when it starts boiling but only for a minute. Brilliant buy
on 16 July 2014
Arrived on time, but only used it for approx 4 weeks and it's Broken already!!!!
NOT Happy!
Feel I should have my money back.
on 16 February 2015
When new this is a stylish looking kettle and it boils water quickly.
However, I wouldn`t recommend it for two reasons..........
The chrome effect coating on the lid starts to peel off after a short time, presumably because of the steam, making the kettle look tatty, as has been mentioned another review.
Also, the scale filter is pathetically weak and lasts no time if you live in a hard water area.
A shame really, because I`m usually a big fan of Tefal products.
on 16 November 2014
This kettle arrived and it appeared to be okay,apart from the water tasting of plastic.The next day black plastic from the lid ended up in my tea,which I could have swallowed.I'm glad I was not a child,as it could have choked them.I am sending it back to Amazon ASAP.
I have had a Tefal Vitesse kettle for about 20 years,but it has sadly just started to leak if I put over 500mls of water in it.
I have now ordered a Morphy Richards kettle and hope that this one is okay!!
on 2 December 2014
the kettle is ok but not as nice as it looks. Sadly it blew the switch and steam came through the switch area burning me