Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Black Friday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Paperwhite Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

on 24 August 2012
This unit is the size of a paper back book: it really is that compact. But even as a 6' tall, 98kg bloke with size-10 feet, I find I can stand on it every day and get consistent readings. Your feet WILL over hang the front and back glass edges if they're largish. I find that fine for the 5-8 seconds it takes to get a measurement. If you can't balance, even for a short time, then this unit ISN'T for you.

Like all scales, the unit needs to be placed on a flat, hard surface such as in the middle of a ceramic floor tile, or on one single plank of a wooden floor i.e. not spread across two tiles or two planks. If you don't have a hard surface, find a piece of stiff timber. It won't give accurate readings if it's placed on soft surfaces like vinyl or carpet. The simple instructions are clear but concise.

My scale is set to kg but it can give a stone & lbs reading too. Been using for several weeks and it's perfect for a small flat. That's because I take it out of its case, put it on the floor, use and then put it away again. If it was going to be used every day, by several people, as a family weight scale then I'd probably recommend a full-size one. Made of appropriate plastic underneath, nice glass top, reasonably priced good value and in white, nice-looking too - at least IMHO.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
These little scales are firstly extremely stylish - their surface reminds me of my beloved ipad, only smaller!

Operation is a cinch - hit the 'on' switch on the reverse, set the unit adjustment. Set them on the floor, apply a little weight with your toes, wait till the bleep when the display shows zero, step on, wait till it bleeps again, step off, and you can view the good /bad news on the display, then switch it off on the reverse again.

They are sturdy despite their size - they are so small that I am able to keep them stashed in my bathroom cabinet in their little pouch, which both protects them and also helps to declutter the floor, making cleaning so much easier.

I have size 5.5 feet and when stood on these scales my toes go well over the edge, however I am balanced on the scales and it does not affect the weighing function in any way - these scales are accurate. I have wondered though how those with larger feet find these scales, I imagine there might be balance issues.

No complaints from me though, in respect of form or function, they do exactly what I need them to without any fuss. They are going to be really handy for travel as well.
on 5 March 2012
I am a uni student so an often moving to and from the Uni. Also, when I travel I often lose sight of my weight and go off-track. This scale is small enough to fit in a normal sized handbag if you needed it to. It is also very smart and easy to put away if you would prefer. I am really happy with this product and it's so nice to find a scale I can take with me!
on 22 July 2012
I was looking for a portable scale to take with me on holiday and was delighted when I came across this product. I had no doubt that the product would deliver as it is designed and manufactured by Tanita, a well-known Japanese manufacturer. Being compact, it may be a bit difficult for people with large feet to balance on the scale but it does produce accurate measurement. I can recommend this scale to anyone who wants to keep on top of their weight on the go. Of course it can be used at home as well - it takes up very little space in your bathroom.
on 27 May 2012
Its very small so there are advantages and disadvantages.
The advantage is that its easy to store away. It comes with its cover and is relatively light so you could take it with you anywhere if you wanted.

The disadvantage is that if you have large feet, it may be slightly more difficult to weigh and see your weight at the same time as the machine is so small and the numbers appear in the middle where your feet stand.

As for the delivery, it arrived a few days later than expected but I'm happy with the product.
on 16 February 2012
Really pleased with this scale, compact so easy to store and comes with a bag, accurate and easy to wipe clean
on 14 June 2013
Was hesitant about moving to digital scales, but after years of sticking my bottom out a bit to try and get a lower reading, I made the switch. Chose this because it is so teeny - it's brilliant for taking on holiday. Worst thing is to come back from hols & shriek at the scales. Yes, feels a tad obsessive, but it's a lot better than dieting - ice-cream tastes much nicer when you have no guilt at all! You don't read the scales whilst you're standing on them - it politely beeps to tell you it has the magic number, you get off, suck your tummy in and read the answer. Highly recommended. (chose white because it just looked more chic). Also very useful for weighing items, just deduct your weight. It also weighs in KG, and good old fashioned stones and pounds.
review image review image
on 22 July 2012
I love this! It is small, compact and very accurate. Yes, your toes come off the edge, but it's not a problem to balance for a few seconds. Highly recommend this...
on 26 January 2014
I wanted a small scale to take while travelling, so that I can manage my weight and not return home from holiday x kg heavier.... this little scale is perfect for the job. It's very accurate. After two weeks in South Africa... so far only 400 grams gained. I can live with that.

You have to balance on one leg to stand on it - I find it's easier with my right leg. Stand very still for a minute (if you wobble it takes longer to register - or sometimes you have to get off and start over) and then it beeps when it's registered your weight.

I can highly recommend!
on 28 September 2013
I bought these scales for use at home. We have a small bathroom with fitted cupboards, and I wanted to be able to stash the scales away in one of the cupboards when not in use. They are neat, sturdy, and seem to be accurate. Personally, I manage to balance on them fine without any bother (size 5 feet). My only complaint is that I bought the scales on the basis that they take AAA batteries, as described, which are readily available. They don't, they take a large button battery, which might be harder to get hold of.