5.0 out of 5 stars Now I know where Baja, California is
Actually, I did know but I'd no idea what it was like and this book puts it all into perspective. It's an excellent story, filled with over the top characters who bring this part of the world vibrantly alive.

Whether tuna filled with dope is the best way to smuggle drugs is one thing but rather too much information on the processing of canned tuna is making me...
Published on 14 Jun. 2011 by Michael Watson

3.0 out of 5 stars Keystone cops on the high seas, or something like that.
As inevitable as the way in which idiotic mendacious fictional characters try to rip off powerful and dangerous drug lords is the way that Wahoo Rhapsody by Shaun Morey will be compared to Carl Hiaasen .Indeed a couple of reviews on here have done so already . The comparison is apt in style and tone , but alas ,not in quality .
Atticus Fish, a mega-rich American...
Published on 8 July 2011 by russell clarke

4.0 out of 5 stars Amusing nonsense, 11 July 2011
Peter J Godliman (Slough) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A Pacific tale about a fishing boat, its crew and associates; drugs hidden inside the tuna; attempts to rip off the drug lord; undercover operatives, and many other potentially serious issues - which are portrayed in a light-hearted writing style.

The story had me chortling in places, but the whole tale is good, if you like to smile while reading. Other reviews have suggested the possibility of further tales involving the main characters and, if this happens, I would readily follow their antics.

Until then, I recommend Wahoo Rhapsody as a gentle read, possibly for holiday reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 10 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Wahoo Rhapsody (An Atticus Fish Novel Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Spent several happy hours reading this novel. Highly recommend this and the other atticus fish novels. Do recommend that you tackle them in order.

3.0 out of 5 stars A fast paced read - but at the cost of its content., 6 Jun. 2011
The Truth "How it is" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Wahoo Rhapsody is the name of the fishing boat that this tale revolves around. Some of the crew get mixed up in the shady world of drug trafficking and as things start to go wrong for them the rest of the crew get sucked into events and they find themselves on the run, persude by a drug baron and his hench man.

This book failed to grab me really. Although I liked the fast paced nature of it (chapters were no more than a few pages long, with events seeming to run almost simultaneously, which made for a very easy read) it meant that sacrifices were made in the writing.

At points I found it very unclear what was happening - not the overall 'big picture' but the little events and details that made up the event I was reading about.

I also found the characters pretty two dimensional - perhaps another consequence of Morey's speedy writing style - and although the story wasn't particularly bad, again the little details and events of the tale were, for me, lacking in originality and imagination.

Some of the ideas seemed a little chliched and failed to deliver the 'wow' factor expected by the reader and promised in the writing by the author.

Two examples of Morey's lack of effort and original thought are, a lead character who sued God and a drug lord called La Cucaracha... Really? Please. I'd be ashamed if I was writing a story for GCSE English, and either of those ideas made it in.

In some way, it all felt very ametaurish. Like it was a first novel. For me, as a book, it shows promise but isn't quite there yet. However while I was reading it I thought it would work really well as a film.

Overall, Wahoo Rhapsody was an easy read but I'll find it equally easy to forget. For me, this would make a great film but fails to excite as a book. If I was Shaun I'd be sending this of to some Hollywood execs and starting work on a new book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 2 July 2014
Really enjoyed reading this book, quite tongue in cheek

4.0 out of 5 stars Unusual characters to meet, 17 Jun. 2014
A good story and different characters but I found it did get complicated at times. Interesting enough that I had read the next one as well

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 23 Feb. 2014
Bought this as a daily deal after reading description and reviews. It is a pleasant enough read but I am glad I didn't pay full price for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am totally 'hooked', 28 Jan. 2014
I am getting repetitive but I so want another Atticus Fish Novel I just can't get enough of them. Shaun Morey is a great author

4.0 out of 5 stars Too many American terms to make a smooth read, 9 Dec. 2013
this was well written but obviously written for the American reader. found the pace slow as I had to keep stopping to find . out the meaning of americanisms.

3.0 out of 5 stars Action movie style novel, 27 Nov. 2013
This started well but didn't work for me as it kept switching characters. I really didn't enjoy it although I could see it would appeal to some probably men more than women.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Fun Listen, 5 Nov. 2013
Cathy "Audiobook junkie!" (Ilminster, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Drug smugglers, shady lawyer, arsonist, fishing and an intriguing plot. Crazy and quirky, I love it! Lots of wacky characters and action and adventure abound. Atticus Fish is a good main protagonist, I like the descriptions of the places where the story unfolds too. Lots of laugh out loud moments due in no small part to Luke Daniels' narration and the `voice' he gives to each character, most notably Weevil Ott. A fun listen, the next two books are lined up and ready.